It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cracked Mayan Code May Point to 8 Tons of Lost Treasure

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

www.foxnews.com

Page 52 talks about the Maya capital of Atlan, which was ruined by an earthquake on October 30th in the year 666 BC," he said. "In this city, they kept 2,156 gold tablets on which the Maya recorded their laws.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
It saids they learned of the map from the Dresden Codex that this treasure actually lies within a lake. I think this would be a great discovery on many levels if they do discover it.

The golden tablets is what they say the Mayans kept their laws engraved on, well to me this would be intresting to see what kind of laws a society such as the Mayans held within their structure.

www.foxnews.com

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Fox News isn't a credible news source. Is there any other information sources citing this information? Doesn't make much sense, and kind of seems like "entertainment-news" which Fox News is very famous for... Do you have any pictures pertaining to the subject?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
i agree, fox news is not a credible news organization. the odds are that the only thing actually based on facts in that report is that mexico is a country.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
If they did exist and were found, they'd probably be photographed and then melted down for sale.

The temptation not to "waste" all that gold in such dire times would be overwhelming.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

Fox news is as credible as any other mainstream news source, and the MSM is all we have to work with at the moment.

I think Apacheman is correct, they would be photographed and melted down immediately.

Was this place near Lake Titicaca?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Page 52 talks about the Maya capital of Atlan, which was ruined by an earthquake on October 30th in the year 666 BC," he said. "In this city, they kept 2,156 gold tablets on which the Maya recorded their laws."

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Doesn't "Atlan" sound awfully similar to Atlantis? And it was ruined and buried by the lake after an Earthquake? And the Mayan civilization was known to be advanced for its time, so ...............

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Lots of underground lakes in the Yucatan
and limestone caverns.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
anyone want to come looking for it with me

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc

www.foxnews.com

Page 52 talks about the Maya capital of Atlan, which was ruined by an earthquake on October 30th in the year 666 BC," he said. "In this city, they kept 2,156 gold tablets on which the Maya recorded their laws.

Atlan ey? hmmmm.... Tis Tis Tis...

how bizarre.. a lost mayan city called Atlan, sunken in a lake, by and earthquake.. interesting..

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Did anyone find any other links concerning this information? Fox News is entertainment news, I think that is pretty common knowledge. The similarities with "Atlantis" and the amount of gold, and the year 666 B.C. leads me to believe this is all about as credible as a National Enquirer articles.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The stories based on a German newspaper account which is based on the "work" of Joachim Rittstieg, who also writes about Atlantis. He's a mathematician and the team of "scientists" in the article is basically him and his team. I don't know what his reputation is, whether he's considered a crackpot or not, but the fact that he writes about Atlantis (his theory being that "Atlan" = "Asgard") tends to indicate his brand of science falls well outside the mainstream. I don't know enough about this individual to say he's a legit peer-reviewed researcher with credibility or he's another crackpot with his own interpretations seeking treasure. I can't find ANY papers written by this guy, other than his book "ABC der Maya" (which doesn't prove much).

I guess if he finds something then we'll know he's the real deal, if not, oh well.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by lewman

Sure Im in ......$3995.....but finding a lake 2800 +- yrs old....priceless....mapless and Jeepless

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
land of a Hundred Lakes? Nasa has an intrest in Lake Poopo.......how do you dig gold out of a mud pit? That would be a good defence, throw the Gold into a mud pit..

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
The stories based on a German newspaper account which is based on the "work" of Joachim Rittstieg, who also writes about Atlantis. He's a mathematician and the team of "scientists" in the article is basically him and his team. I don't know what his reputation is, whether he's considered a crackpot or not, but the fact that he writes about Atlantis (his theory being that "Atlan" = "Asgard") tends to indicate his brand of science falls well outside the mainstream. I don't know enough about this individual to say he's a legit peer-reviewed researcher with credibility or he's another crackpot with his own interpretations seeking treasure. I can't find ANY papers written by this guy, other than his book "ABC der Maya" (which doesn't prove much).

I guess if he finds something then we'll know he's the real deal, if not, oh well.

Thank you for the clarification...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mikeybiznaz

You drive bulkheads, pumpout the water, excavate the mud and collect the gold. (Just like I will do to Oak Island one day muhahahahahahahhaaaaaaa)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

whats at Oak Island.........that mud could be thousands of feet deep,bring American Express and Visa

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Cancel the order of Pilings and the Pile driver and crew and Satillite Ops and ...almost forgot the a bunch of D-9 Cats

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Dang. Not if I get there first!

Maybe we could recreate Treasure of the Sierra Madre all over again.

Seriously one of those golden tablets of the law would be worth a lot more intact than melted down. If you auctioned it off to the highest bidder, you would see this.

The stuff is probably loaded down with all kinds of demonic curses too.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 9Cib27
Did anyone find any other links concerning this information? Fox News is entertainment news, I think that is pretty common knowledge. The similarities with "Atlantis" and the amount of gold, and the year 666 B.C. leads me to believe this is all about as credible as a National Enquirer articles.

All news outlets are the same. But if this was on CNN you would believe every word of it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join