It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Errors in State Revenue Estimates Growing in Size and Frequency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Errors in State Revenue Estimates Growing in Size and Frequency

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON, March 1, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- States have been making more serious errors in estimating their revenues during tough economic times, according to a new report by the Pew Center on the States and The Nelson A. Rockefeller Institute of Government. This has significant implications for policy makers who need to know how much money they will have to spend on programs and services as they grapple with severe budget shortfalls.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
What this means of course is that things are a lot worse then they have been saying and now those errors are growing too big to call error any longer. It has to be called what it is, fudging the numbers to fake data for a recovery. There is in fact no recovery jobless or not and not only that I am willing to state that at this point no recovery of any meaning can take place within the old framework of ideas. Not now that it is uncovered as being unsustainable and unfair at the most essential levels.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 1-3-2011 by wayouttheredude because: dyslexic

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

Well at least these issues are starting to gain attention. Just like the government redundant spending and waste
reported today. You can't fix a problem until you diagnose it first. I don't know about you folks, but I certainly could use some good news for a change. Good post.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

Thanks for the recognition. You have been on several of my threads of late. You seem to really pay attention to the content of what is going on. Now you have me reviewing the threads you have pointed to so I can see what is going on from your perspective.

new topics

top topics

join