It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Investigators: Stray Voltage Dangers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

2 Investigators: Stray Voltage Dangers

news.yahoo.com

There are sidewalks across the Chicagoland area that are electrified. If you touch the wrong light pole, or step on a sidewalk metal junction box, you can be killed.

City officials are not testing to find these dangers, so 2 Investigator Dave Savini went in search of these hot spots....."We've done this testing in 60 cities across the country, and have found these problems in all of them," he said.

While testing in Chicago with CBS 2, Power Survey found 40 dangerous locations in just a few hours. The locations could be deadly if, for example, someone touches the pole while also stepp
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Wow, that is pretty scary. The article says at least 4 people have died from electrocution from touching a pole, or stepping on a sidewalk , and 3 of them were kids.

Maybe everyone should call city officials and bring this subject up, or go to town hall meetings and askif your city ot town tests for this.

There was an ATS post about the same subject , but it was from '08 and I figured if this could save a life, it was worth mentioning again.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I've been hearing about this phenomenon for years, I'm surprised that it is still being ignored.

I think I've witnessed two incidences of stray voltage over the years. One was in the front yard of my mother's old house, where sits one of those green power boxes. Every so often it looked like worm apocalypse, with thousands of earthworms having come out of the ground and lay dying on the driveway and sidewalk.

We used to run worms out of the ground with old crank-style field telephones which, when the + and - wires were stuck in the ground and the crank given a good turn...worms would writhe out of the soil in a hurry, so I know that electricity can affect worms greatly.

Another time there was a podium built on the lawn of our community college. Something was amiss with the wiring to the microphone I guess, because when you sat on the lawn close to it, you could actually feel the thrumming 60cycle AC on the ground, although not strong enough to injure.

Let's hope that those who need to know can take care of these unnecessary hazards.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
wow thats relly scary and they are not doing anything about this is just shamefull how many people and children have to die before they get their sh*# together and do something about this if there are thousands of these hot spots around why doesn't the government create some jobs for the many out there that don't have one and put full time workers out there to look and fix these issues this is just sad i can't believe they are being so lazy about this espech when people are dying

top topics

join