It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battle of L.A 1942 has to be the smoking gun UFO Evidence

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I know i know, it has been covered numerous times on ATS before, but instead of digging out year old threads im going to make a new one, for the the benefit of refreshing peoples minds, and for new members.

What was the battle of LA?

Well it wasn't really a battle at all, on February 25th 1942 a strange aircraft appeared over the bay of santa monica, los angeles, spot lights soon picked up the object and put it in there sights.

Original Photo:

Newspaper Headline:

Air raid sirens were sounded throughout Los Angeles County on the night of 24–25 February 1942. A total blackout was ordered and thousands of air raid wardens were summoned to their positions. At 3:16 a.m. the 37th Coast Artillery Brigade began firing 12.8-pound anti-aircraft shells into the air at reported aircraft; over 1,400 shells would eventually be fired.

At first the army claimed they fired at a weather balloon, they then changed there statement and stated they fired at nothing due to war nerves, but look closely at that photo, there is clearly something in that spotlight.

It was not a plane, it took 30 minutes to travel down the coast, far slower than a plane, it moved so slowly people thought it could be blimp, but if so, why couldnt 1400 rounds of anti-air fire bring it down? They had a target in there sights, lit up, and it moved slowly, they were shooting at it for 30 minutes to no effect.

A good video on the subject:

The Original Footage and original news report:

This is one of the best UFO cases ever, even bigger than Rosswell due to the fact that millions of people witnessed it happen.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
it does seem strange that all those searchlights seemed to be equidistant to the ufo.....

also, i think several civilians were injured and killed by falling shells, so it had to be more than itchy trigger fingers to fire over populated areas

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Yes, unfortunately, once again they're selling a Half truth with a Lie.

Propaganda once again. Yes they are here, no they are not here to "take our water" or "kick us out".

Battle for L.A is just another Druidwood Shockbuster film trying to scare the "sheep" worse than they got us with the "Red Scare" last time.

Honestly, it's becoming more and more apparent to me the more times I see these Main Stream videos.

Thanks for the find though, I have no doubt in my mind that what they were shooting at was either:

A hologram

Or them, making their rounds, as our custodians.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
I know i know, it has been covered numerous times on ATS before,

The number of threads on ATS and elsewhere about this event, directly or indirectly linked to the promotion of the movie, is quite staggering.

Does this thread add to the existing threads, whether those started already in the last week or the slightly older but more informative thread below?

The Smoking (Anti-Aircraft) Guns (of Los Angeles, 1942)

If a new thread is to be started on this topic, would it be possible for the OP to give details of some of the existing threads which already contain a lot of information and comments?

All the best,

Isaac
edit on 1-3-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
As far as I'm concerned this is the only legit proof of ufo's ever released. I'm just glad whatever was in control of that craft decided not to fire back.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

Originally posted by Haydn_17
I know i know, it has been covered numerous times on ATS before,

The number of threads on ATS and elsewhere about this event, directly or indirectly linked to the promotion of the movie, is quite staggering.

Does this thread add to the existing threads, whether those started already in the last week or the slightly older but more informative thread below?

The Smoking (Anti-Aircraft) Guns (of Los Angeles, 1942)

If a new thread is to be started on this topic, would it be possible for the OP to give details of some of the existing threads which already contain a lot of information and comments?

All the best,

Isaac
edit on 1-3-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

Last post on 7-1-2011

Carrying on a old thread just doesnt cut it, you dont get the same sort of argument because the discussion has already been exhausted with the member that were involved in it,

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Great thread OP

What i find rather interesting, is that the military tried to play it off as a weather baloon!

What on gods green earth kind off weather balloon can take that sort off beating!

Maybe someone on here can explain how?

edit on 1-3-2011 by MushroomHead because: Typo

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

S & F OP!

That would be SOME kind of weather balloon take all that fire.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Given the anti-aircraft weapons technology in 1942 I wouldn't be surprised if none of the shells even exploded near the "target".

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Chicken feeder!

I'll pass on the movie

edit on 1-3-2011 by Beavis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Threads are time stamped and put into chronological order - in general anyways...

Paradigms and cultural advancements are not - so bringing it up again can be gauged thru member participation and content relevance...thank goodness your participation isn't being factored into that equation.

Other than that, your contributions are tops...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I personally am seriously on the fence about the original battle of LA, not the movie. I have seen photos which clearly show a spacecraft, then photos clearly showing nothing is the®e. Both outlined or edited to "clearly" show their sideof the fence.

But fact is, the original photos are far too grainy toclearly make out anything. But if you take into account the hundreds of eye witness accounts from civilians, police officers, military personel and many others. Something was flying in the skies that night that was not of this world.

You have to remember though,this was during WW2, tensions were very high, and any 18 year old grunt thinking he saw something, would open fire. I've been to iraq, this I know.

I remember reading an account from someone high up either on a deathbed or disclosure or something speaking of alien life. Saying we fired at one in LA and by chance shot one down in roswell and one blew up over Siberia, the last 2 weren't part of the plan. Worth doin some more research into if you are interested in this stuff.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Sorry, I agree with the others, this thread adds nothing to the already existing threads, some might say its an attempt to garner stars and flags?

As for the film,I have no idea why people are linking the film to the event, this is purely a popcorn event stealing from a popular UFO story and has nothing to do with the event itself.

As for it being a start of disclosure...LOL.....A fool and their money are easily parted!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

Not so. Believe it or not, there are members here who have never heard of this, thus they would not know to look for the other threads. The OP does a service to them by re-posting this as a new topic: it makes them aware of this pre-Roswell event..

Thank You OP!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

Thank you, finnally someone understands

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
If it was real, and millions watched it happen, and people filmed it, it would be common knowledge throughout the world that aliens flew over L.A in 1942 and were attacked by us.

But it's not common knowledge at all. This information is easily accessible, so why isn't it part of our history?

Ive no idea what they were shooting at, but I'll bet my bottom dollar it wasn't at a fleet of UFOs.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger

Not so. Believe it or not, there are members here who have never heard of this, thus they would not know to look for the other threads. The OP does a service to them by re-posting this as a new topic: it makes them aware of this pre-Roswell event..

Thank You OP!

Yeh exactly. How would you know this event took place if you've never heard about it? Are you supposed to search ATS hoping to stumble across an interesting topic?

It's good to recap anyways.....

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger

Thank You OP!
I agree. Is that video genuine, btw? Didn't know there was a video.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
THANK YOU!

For the old news clip. That is some gold right there.

Thanks again!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiod
If it was real, and millions watched it happen, and people filmed it, it would be common knowledge throughout the world that aliens flew over L.A in 1942 and were attacked by us.

But it's not common knowledge at all. This information is easily accessible, so why isn't it part of our history?

Ive no idea what they were shooting at, but I'll bet my bottom dollar it wasn't at a fleet of UFOs.

If people filmed it? i dont believe hand held video cameras were the thing back then were they? correct me if im wrong. And their photo/film quality isn't that good, and black in white too?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join