It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ATTACKS: Paul M. Johnson Jr. Decapitation Video Shown on Internet Jul 17

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Video of the beheading of American contractor Paul M. Johnson Jr. has been made available the internet. The video is described as graphic and greusome.

apnews.myway.com
CAIRO, Egypt (AP) - Images of an American hostage being decapitated surfaced Saturday on an Internet site known for carrying the statements of Islamic militants.

The gruesome videotape appeared three days after U.S. authorities announced the search for the body of Paul M. Johnson Jr. had been called off.

Still photographs of Johnson's beheading had been posted June 19 on some of the same militant Islamic forums that on Saturday provided links to the newly released video footage.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 18-7-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
i

I saw the video this morning. Very upsetting. Unlike some of the other videos of beheadings, this one had a better resolution, so it looked really bad and bloody.

This may be the worst video. Fortunately we are spared having to hear the gruesome sounds of the murder since a man singing in Arabic is dubbed over the audio.

The most disturbing part is how nonchalant they were about handling the poor Mr. Johnson's severed head. They treat it as a placekicker handles a football that has been blown off its tee during a kickoff.

This is horrible, and faint of heart people, DO NOT WATCH.

i

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I read somewhere that Paul was already dead before they beheaded him, can someone confirm this?

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Yes, it appears he was already dead. The video cuts in at the beheading stage. So far it seems all the beheading victims have at least been shot or otherwise killed first.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by muppet
Yes, it appears he was already dead.

I concur.
Having seen the video, he appears to be been dead or unconscious when the act takes place. There is no struggle, no movement at all from him.

***The next part is graphic, do not read if you don't want to***
I lean towards near death, unconscious or heavily drugged, as while the act is taking place, you can plainly see blood spurts leave his neck and land on the white sheet he's laying on. If his heart wasn't beating, this wouldn't happen....

If there's any solace in the whole thing, it's that he likely did not physically suffer while the act was taking place.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I lean towards near death, unconscious or heavily drugged, as while the act is taking place, you can plainly see blood spurts leave his neck and land on the white sheet he's laying on. If his heart wasn't beating, this wouldn't happen....

Exactly, I noted the spurts too. My guess is he was heavily sedated so as not to struggle.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
How about a link to a site with a link or a link with a warning. There are those in this nice sheltered country of our who have not come to terms with the fact that we live in a cruel and barbaric world. A video like this may shock them out of their euphorianism and into the real world.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johannmon
How about a link to a site with a link or a link with a warning. There are those in this nice sheltered country of our who have not come to terms with the fact that we live in a cruel and barbaric world.

I don't believe I can post the link here since the site at which I found is probably not acceptable on this board. you can U2u me and I will provide the link.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I won't be watching it, don't need to. My imagination is enough. What I'm not getting here is, do they think this will deter Westerners? This puts us in kick you butt mode. It's feeding the fire. Why can't they see that?

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johannmon
How about a link to a site with a link or a link with a warning.

**GRAPHIC CONTENT**
www.homelandsecurityus.com...
or www.homelandsecurityus.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   
This looks like the same area they decapitated Daniel Perl :-0 could it be?!
libertyunites.tv

I think its the same guys **removed offensive content**

[edit on 19-7-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Terribly gruesome- this is the worst i've seen so far.

It does appear that blood is spurting from the neck- I would assume he's heavily sedated, or was somehow knocked unconscious.

I'm unsure whether or not its the same men- and no offense meant to anyone by this- I have trouble telling them apart.

If that's somehow offensive, a mod can remove it.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eastern_Diamondback

This may be the worst video.

No...it's not. Not by a long shot. Mainly because Mr. Johnson is already dead. And because Nick Berg wasn't - for 1 minute 31 seconds he wasn't. No...this wasn't the worst.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
No...it's not. Not by a long shot. Mainly because Mr. Johnson is already dead. And because Nick Berg wasn't - for 1 minute 31 seconds he wasn't. No...this wasn't the worst.

I say it may be because its visual quality is better than that of the Berg video. Fortunately there is no audio from the actual beheading. Bergs killing itself was more brutal, but the video was lower quality. The brutality is enhanced in the Berg video by hearing him scream and choke on blood.

I'm not sure Johnson was already dead. It does appears that some blood is actually being pumped out of the wound during the execution, indicative of a still beating heart. Johnson was most certainly unconscious at the start of the video.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
These monsters have seem to have started drugging their victims after the Nick Berg killing, if everybody remembers the Berg video was cut a few times probably because he was struggling and they didnt want to look like they were inept at beheading, and also the guy who started cutting, with the dark mask, was not the same guy that finished with the white mask. They probably also had a hard time with the spine. The Korean guy was pleading for his life with 3 a-holes behind him, then it cuts, theres four a-holes, and hes dead still, did he magically come to grips with his fate? No, they drugged him heavily, they had to have, he didnt even twitch when they began cutting (which also seemed way to fast to get through a spinal cord with a knife). And now the Johnson video also appears that he was drugged. But Im sure they only do this to make them seem more in control, not to be humane.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I think a person's imagination is far worse than probably even seeing it on the Internet.

But our country needs to wake up to the barbaric acts that are going on out there.

top topics

join