It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are They Spraying Anything?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Please see my response in the other thread.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The UN recently passed a resolution (for whatever that's worth) prohibiting the unilateral implementation of large scale testing of geoengineering techniques.

What do they base that on, evidence or fear? I will dig into it to see the concerns.

There is no "spray first" attitude shown in any of the literature.

Do you feel certain about that? You know how sometimes the guidelines set up for "safety" are not always in the people's best interest. I would imagine there is huge profit potential in this industry for motivation and I can't help but think of cases like Monsantos, where they implement first, then work out the details, because in their mind, it's not really that bad, or the benefits outweigh any small risks.

spec

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

I've read quite a bit of literature on it. There are no "guidelines" because little to nothing is known about the repercussions. That's my point. That's what the literature says. More study, through modeling, must be done before any action can be taken.

I started this thread not to discuss whether or not geoengineering is occurring. It is to point out the disingenuous (or ignorant) nature of the movie. So far no one has offered any counterpoint to the OP. Can no one defend the movie makers? Is it ok to stretch the truth, to invent evidence to support a claim that has none.

edit on 3/1/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I got your point, and my only concern in the vid was the guy(employee) claiming they were spraying(aluminum/barium) first and "hoping" the affects were not bad for people. Pardon my digression, there is much associated with the subject.
Thanks for the insight though, always glad for the perspective Phage.

spec

edit on 1-3-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

So what are your thoughts on the discussion from 7 minutes to 11:32? That is what raised my suspicion, the fact that they have not published the human safety report. That just doesn't sound right.

spec

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

First of all this other thread is all about this video so switching to a new thread was underhanded change of venue .Here is the OP, notice it is all about this video, so to say it's about persistent contrails is a fallacious argument. I would appreciate if the mods would close this thread and switch discussion back to the other thread.

Originally posted by burntheships

What is behind the recent developments of Monsanto and GMO Aluminum resistant seeds?

Corrupt Power and Greed!
And worse yet, a seemingly diabolical plan to engineer the atmosphere of the entire planet Earth!

What is the connection between the GMO Aluminum resistant seeds, and the recent push for Geoengineering despite the recent admission that Global Warming is out?

G Edward Griffin is an educated asute man, very non sensational. He goes into detail about the recent surge and the huge push for geoengineering, Monsanto and the aluminum resistant seeds, and the motivations behind it all.
This has all been happening largely under the radar, hidden away from the publics eye!

Untill Now!

G. Edward Griffin is the author of numerous books, including the classic expose on the Banksta's, The Federal Reserve; titled The Creature from Jekyll Island: A Second Look at the Federal Reserve

Griffin founded Freedom Force International, a libertarian activist network.

Filmmaker Michael J. Murphy and G. Edward Griffin... What in the World Are They Spraying, a documentary that covers chemtrails and the rapidly developing industry called geo-engineering driven by scientists, corporations, and governments intent on changing global climate, controlling the weather, and altering the chemical composition of soil and water -- all supposedly for the betterment of mankind.

I stated that I was inviting in the people from the movie so switching threads in underhanding my effort into developing what could be an epic ATS thread. I already have heard back from one person in regaurd to the movie. I guess my ego is involved and it upset me. But you really should have the mods close your thread and redirect it back here.

Also you moved it to "highly skeptical" which in another underhanded move as was your misrepresenting the title of the movie. Every bit of what you have done here is closing down the discussion and undermining my efforts to get the movie producers and scientists to contribute to the discussion here on ATS.

Mods please close this thread and redirect to already started thread. Thank you.

edit on 1-3-2011 by pianopraze because: formatting

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Off topic again.

No. It doesn't bother me because aluminum is not really a health concern. There are plenty of toxicological studies available on it. Remember, aluminum is already everywhere and has been forever.

I think the climatological effects are likely to be of far more reaching importance.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Goodness, maybe your precious thread should be closed since this one was there first:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
How about this one:

You didn't seem too concerned about this thread, why is mine different?

I thought you wanted a discussion. A temper tantrum doesn't do much to further discussion.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

No, that is not right. The thread you are talking about is about the video, this one is about a test contained within the video.
The OP clearly wants to discuss a very salient point....the manner in which test results are presented.

Get over it.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Goodness, maybe your precious thread should be closed since this one was there first:
How about this one:

You didn't seem too concerned about this thread, why is mine different?

I thought you wanted a discussion. A temper tantrum doesn't do much to further discussion

You are correct about my temper. I was upset over the above stated reasons and have endeavored to lower it. And I apologize for my upsettedness.

The fact is we had a good, fact based discussion going and I invited the producers and scientists from the movie into that thread then you tried to change the venue to this "highly speculative" thread with a misquote of their movie title. It is insulting and degrading to the movie people and i'm not sure they would want to contribute in such hostility vs the fact based discussion in which we were already engaged. Moving to either of the links you presented would be preferable to this thread with the implied insults to the producers. It was a rude and underhanded move which would discourage them from coming in and discussing. Beyond my stupid ego this was wrong of you. The discussion also looses all the facts and counter facts in the other thread.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
if they were spraying, wouldn't they spray something more nefarious than aluminum oxide? I've never seen the movie but from what I know about chemtrials is it is used for some type of weather modification with a side effect of putting poisonous gasses that people breath, could they modify weather with just aluminum oxide?

I believe they also state that barium and strontium are present at levels dangerous to human health. How can people say that all is normal? Do you ever watch the sky? Did you before the year 2000?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Would you care to highlight and correct the erroneous quotation you're alluding to?
Can you describe in which way the singular argument presented in the OP is "highly speculative"?

edit on 1-3-2011 by laterallateral because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

So, you'd be okay drinking water that contains 60 x more aluminum than the EPA says is acceptable?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by laterallateral

Come into the ongoing discussion with lots of documentation.

I don't care to redo literally HOURS of work.
ats thread

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

What sir, makes you an expert on "contrail" science?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by fredgbear
reply to post by Phage

So, you'd be okay drinking water that contains 60 x more aluminum than the EPA says is acceptable?

Even if he were, would that make his argument any less valid?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by fredgbear
reply to post by Phage

What sir, makes you an expert on "contrail" science?

You mean holder of a high school diploma?
edit on 1-3-2011 by laterallateral because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I placed the thread here because, as of late, the mods have been moving any thread concerning "chemtrails" here. I thought I would save them the trouble.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
What I find strange about the whole "chemtrail" debate is that there is such passion from the debunkers. Almost a religious fervor to convince others that it's just normal traffic and water vapor.

Something stinks about the whole affair but I can't quite put my finger on it. Reminds me of the 911 official story believers.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Strawman argument.
Please address the OP.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join