It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are They Spraying Anything?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Yes I know.
I'm using this site:
weather.uwyo.edu...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by BillfromCovina

Okay, looking forward to your pics

As Phage has already pointed out though, the weather sounding aren't for prediction, merely observations.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by BillfromCovina

Might I just interject (since I grew up in the same area...South Bay region of LA...):

I live in Los Angeles County, between three major airports.

The "three" you are likely referring to aren't pertinent. I reckon you mean LAX, ONT and LGB? There is another, of course...BUR...to make it four. Or, we might even consider SNA too. Oh, and Van Nuys (corporate business jets). Again, though.....for your location, you can ignore those airports (for the most part) because of their proximity, on this issue of contrails. They are too close to you, and thus, the airplanes arriving/departing to/from there will be at low altitudes, and not high enough to form contrails.

Focus, instead, on flights that are transiting over., operating between many many different city pairs.
edit on 3 March 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by Qcuailon

I can't speak for "motives" for anyone else (and Phage has clearly shown, yet again, the mistakes people make in confusing ordinary, well-known cloud seeding for the non-existent "chem"-trails):

...More people are beginning to question your motives and are starting to understand that NO ONE would spend this much time on something that they find to be silly.

For me, I am just ticked off that charlatans like Carnicorn, Griffin, and similar ilk, are profiting off of the gullibility and ignorance of so many people. AND, that such ignorance, in vast quantities, is spread so easily, thanks to our modern era (and the "Internetz"). At first, as I pointed out in other thread, elsewhere....it was somewhat amusing. Perhaps being patronizing to otherwise intelligent adults is rude, but there's a definite fore.-slapping point where, after several attempts at education .... (to explain that, despite the many idiotic YouTube videos they fell for, "2 + 2 ≠ 5").

But, later on? One begins to see a disturbing trend, in the rhetoric of some "believers" out in the blogosphere. Unnerving calls to violence, against the (non-existent) "perps"....of this complete hoax, and practical joke gone viral!

Secondly, I remain completely gobsmacked at the utter lack of science education, and critical thinking skills displayed on this subject. Bad enough (not going off-topic, but to illustrate) the plethora of stupid "nibiru", "2012" and "expanding earth" nonsense threads and (apparent?) beliefs, just to name a few.

It is gut-wrenching to see the levels of general knowledge sinking, before my very eyes....it is not pointing towards a bright future for Humanity, at this rate.......or even worse! Maybe that same rampant ignorance was always there, but is only more evident, now, beause of the Internet??

Hmmmmmm......

edit on 3 March 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

I don't believe I ever posted anything about Nibiru, 2012, expanding earth or any of the other things that you are referring to. However, there is quite a bit of scientific evidence that supports the idea that they've been lacing the sky with chemicals, whether purposely or inadvertently. Whether you want to label it "cloud seeding, chemtrails, contrails," or any other number of such fancies, there are chemicals in the sky that are not there because of naturally occurring cycles. Its pollution.

Regardless of whether you believe it is because water vapor is lingering because of certain pressures and altitudes is your business. However, I remember a time when contrails lasted only seconds and have video footage as well as pictures from the days of old (pre-2000) that seem to lack a certain quality that exists today. And yeah, some of us religiously watched the skies back then too. I didn't just start looking up there yesterday.

So if you want to talk facts, fine...Jet Fuel regularly burns off any number of carcinogens and other toxins just like the fuel of your automobile. Can you argue against that? Now, since "Chemtrails" clearly don't exist, as you say, then it must simply be "coincidental" that the current photographs and videos I have of the sky seems to be laden with far more jet activity than ever before (granted the population has increased), and the exhaust simply lingers much longer due to odd atmospheric anomalies and pressure changes within our skies. Granted...that could be a plausible explanation considering much of the "strangeness" that has been happening in the United States with animal deaths and newly arising seismic activity...but, I don't think so.

So lets at least break this down...
1. We all admit that "cloud seeding" exists.
2. In order to "cloud seed" properly, they have to use combustible "chemical" combinations in order to achieve their desired results. Its in their own patent and Phage has correctly validated it as "cloud seeding."
3. We do know that cloud seeding is done by aircraft...correct?
4. If done by aircraft, we can assume it comes in the form of an aerosol which is readily admitted...RIGHT? Okay, thats the same stuff those supposed conspiracy "nuts" are claiming.
5. Do we know how frequently they are cloud seeding? Would it be safe to assume that they do this REGULARLY as they are trying to reverse certain environmental effects caused by ozone depletion as claimed by the EPA and other government agencies?

Well then folks, we just admitted that they are chemtrailing. So, if it makes you feel better to call them "contrails" or simply performing the act of "cloud seeding," then that's fine by me. You say "Tomato" I say "Tomotto," because in the end, its pollution and none of it can be good for us.

Nice discussion...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

You were doing ok until you got to this:

5. Do we know how frequently they are cloud seeding? Would it be safe to assume that they do this REGULARLY as they are trying to reverse certain environmental effects caused by ozone depletion as claimed by the EPA and other government agencies?

Cloud seeding is done when there are culumus clouds present which meet certain criteria which suggest that seeding will successfully induce precipitation. The cloud seeders are at the mercy of the weather. When the conditions are right, they try to make clouds rain that otherwise would not have done so. Here is the 2010 report from the Texas Weather Modification Association. You can see for yourself how many times they flew and seeded last year.
www.texasweathermodification.com...

Cloud seeding is not an attempt to reverse anything. It is an attempt to induce precipitation. Please provide a source ("EPA or other government agency") stating otherwise.

"Chemtrails" are what the "chemtrail" crowd calls persitent contrails. Contrails form at high altitudes. Much higher than where cloud seeding occurs. Contrails cover large areas. Cloud seeding is localized. On a given run, a cloud seeder might treat 2 different clouds. Contrails and "chemtrails" are unrelated to cloud seeding.

edit on 3/3/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qcuailon

I don't believe I ever posted anything about Nibiru, 2012, expanding earth or any of the other things that you are referring to.

Plenty of chemtrailers link all sorts of conspiracy theories to it - here's a classic one - chemtrailsnorthnz.wordpress.com...

However, there is quite a bit of scientific evidence that supports the idea that they've been lacing the sky with chemicals, whether purposely or inadvertently.

Inadvertently it is called pollution, and has been around since before the start of the industrial revolution - if it is from aeroplanes it is still pollution, and it is not what the chemtrail hoax keeps going on about.

Purposefully the hoax says that airliners on regular passenger and freight services are being used to spray something into the atmosphere that is not teeh normal pollution from combustion of hydrocarbon fuel - there is not a single iota of scientific evidence in support of this.

However, I remember a time when contrails lasted only seconds and have video footage as well as pictures from the days of old (pre-2000) that seem to lack a certain quality that exists today.

Why would you expect older technology to have the same quality as exists today??

Now, since "Chemtrails" clearly don't exist, as you say, then it must simply be "coincidental" that the current photographs and videos I have of the sky seems to be laden with far more jet activity than ever before (granted the population has increased), and the exhaust simply lingers much longer due to odd atmospheric anomalies and pressure changes within our skies.

It doesn't linger longer - it lingers for exactly the same time in a given atmosphere as it always did - but with more planes flying there is more of it to linger when those conditions exist.

So lets at least break this down...
1. We all admit that "cloud seeding" exists.

Sure, and it has nothing to do with the chemtrail hoax.

2. In order to "cloud seed" properly, they have to use combustible "chemical" combinations in order to achieve their desired results. Its in their own patent and Phage has correctly validated it as "cloud seeding."

which patent? Who's "own patent"?

3. We do know that cloud seeding is done by aircraft...correct?

Among other things - also by rocket and ground burning flares - eg see www.nawcinc.com... for some photos of the later, and also notice the type of aircraft used for cloud seeding - not actually capable of flying at 30,000 feet...... .

4. If done by aircraft, we can assume it comes in the form of an aerosol which is readily admitted...RIGHT? Okay, thats the same stuff those supposed conspiracy "nuts" are claiming.

NO IT IS NOT!!

Cloud seeding is done on much lower level clouds than the usual 30,000+ foot altitude of contrails. It is done from mountain tops, and by unpressurised light aircraft.

Apparently lasers are also being experimented with to create nucleai - en.wikipedia.org...

Well then folks, we just admitted that they are chemtrailing.

no we haven't - you have completely misunderstood what the chemtrail conspiracy is about - it is about using regular airliners, freight and passenger, to spray "stuff" at high altitude.

The only way this equates with "cloud seeding" is if you already believe that to be the case - in which case you are fitting your facts to teh conclusion rathe than the otehr way around.

edit on 3-3-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: still fixing quotes

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ah...that would be clearly QUITE REGULARLY then...Thanks Phage.

That helped LOADS.
edit on 3-3-2011 by Qcuailon because: to add...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I can clearly see you don't read past posts...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Which bit(s) did I get wrong? Happy to corect them

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You provide your info first before I provide anymore. I definitely have provided information that you have effectively "agreed with." And my first post to you on page 6 was FILLED to the brim with info that you NEVER checked out.

I asked you at the beginning of your thread, and past ones to provide proof that you're a:
1. physicist
2. meteorologist
3. Chemist
4. Geo-engineering qualified

Would you like to provide any of that information for me please? Until then, you'll have to just suffice with the 15 or more links I've already provided. I can't do all of your research for you youngster, otherwise it will just show me that you're lazy.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I provided patent information on page 6, and on the first couple of responses on this page as well.

By the way, pleasure to meet you.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I'm not obligated to tell you anything about myself.

But why don't you address the OP? All you've talked about is cloud seeding. We know cloud seeding is done and we know it has no connection to "chemtrails" or geoengineering.

Why don't you stick to the topic of the thread? Do you think the tests used in the movie are valid or not? Do you think they show unusually high levels of metals in the water and soil samples? Can you refute what I wrote?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I'm not worried about a conspiracy here my friend. If the TPTB are doing this to us, then, they're doing it to themselves. Doesn't matter either way. When aircrafts are polluting the skies with lingering exhaust, then its definitely contributing to an even greater problem created by the "Industrial Revolution" which still exists today. Therefore, the problem of pollution is compounded by the fact that aircrafts, whether from mountaintops or the like, are layering the sky in with gratuitous amounts of chemicals that are probably not, especially in combustible forms, safe for the environment. To me, its madness to even have this debate, because the problem is looking back at us from the sky. Whether you are screaming "contrail" versus the next guy who insists "chemtrail," the problem is pollution.

If there needs to be an additional conspiracy to illuminate for others what I can clearly see with my own two eyes, then so be it. Whatever it takes for people to take notice and DO SOMETHING is all the environment needs to finally heal itself once necessary action is taken. So, if it takes someone screaming "CONSPIRACY THEORY!!!" for someone to take note of this phenomenon, then I'm all for it...because the skeptics aren't doing anything right now except trying to avoid doing their environmental duties by denying that there's anything wrong.

And that's what it boils down to for me...doing what's right and correcting an error in our judgment.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

I'm not obligated to tell you anything about myself.

But why don't you address the OP? All you've talked about is cloud seeding. We know cloud seeding is done and we know it has no connection to "chemtrails" or geoengineering.

Why don't you stick to the topic of the thread? Do you think the tests used in the movie are valid or not? Do you think they show unusually high levels of metals in the water and soil samples? Can you refute what I wrote?

You seem threatened. A defensive stance is not needed here my friend, and if it were, it should have been addressed with my first post to you.

As far as my inquiries to your experience, I think its important to establish your qualifications as a "scientist" if you are going to address the supposed "weaknesses" and integrity of the scientists in the video. DON'T YOU? Now, this is what I call a "deflection" technique, which qualifies as a rather weak chess move on your behalf. Why should anyone listen to you if you don't have the qualifications to put said "science" in question? I would have to say, "That is addressing the OP."

Additionally, all of my posts have been on topic because this very information and related content is addressed in the video you brought up.

Finally, cloud seeding falls right in the category of geo-engineering. Maybe you should look into the definition of what geo-engineering is and then comment back. In fact, that was a slip that I'm not going to punish you too heavily for.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

If the TPTB are doing this to us, then, they're doing it to themselves. Doesn't matter either way.

Oh - well there's a version of the hoax that says it is part of a binary weapon - chemtrails are just 1 part of hte "poison" - the other part(s) are vaccines/fluoride or some other stuff that TPTB won't take but will give to all us little folk..... so "we" will all be poisoned, they won't.

Eg www.disclose.tv...

Whether you are screaming "contrail" versus the next guy who insists "chemtrail," the problem is pollution.

not according to teh chemtrailers - they are not interested in the "odinary" pollution aspect - although I agree they should be - they insist there is something IN ADDITION to "ordinary" pollution.

So, if it takes someone screaming "CONSPIRACY THEORY!!!" for someone to take note of this phenomenon, then I'm all for it...because the skeptics aren't doing anything right now except trying to avoid doing their environmental duties by denying that there's anything wrong.

that's not true - polution from aviation is a well known aspect of the overall pollution problem - here's a paper from the IPCC about it - www.ipcc.ch...

And when Concorde/SST were being thought up/running the effects of their pollution at an even higher altitude was considered quite severe - eg see www.concordesst.com...

And abstract of the CIAP they mention is available here

edit on 3-3-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

This is for saying that cloud seeding has nothing to do with Geoengineering...

Don't take it so hard, its just a bit of education, that's all.
iopscience.iop.org...
Geo-engineering...(Yep, Wikipedia...check the references, and sourcing. Look at entire article. Wikipedia is becoming quite thorough.)
en.wikipedia.org...
geo-engineering.blogspot.com...
This one will be great for you to watch...
www.youtube.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 3-3-2011 by Qcuailon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Finally, cloud seeding falls right in the category of geo-engineering.

Not anywhere I've read except here.

From wiki:

The modern concept of geoengineering (or climate engineering) is usually taken to mean proposals to deliberately manipulate the Earth's climate to counteract the effects of global warming from greenhouse gas emissions.

Cloud seeding is local weather modification, geo-engineering is about altering the whole climate of the earth.

There is a difference between weather and climate:

Weather: the atmospheric conditions that comprise the state of the atmosphere in terms of temperature and wind and clouds and precipitation; "they were hoping for good weather"; "every day we have weather conditions and yesterday was no exception"; "the conditions were too rainy for playing in the snow" (wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn)

Climate: the weather in some location averaged over some long period of time; "the dank climate of southern Wales"; "plants from a cold clime travel best in winter" (same source)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Phage

Ah...that would be clearly QUITE REGULARLY then...Thanks Phage.

These chemtrail jets work as an operation at independant flight routes at a higher altitude than
passenger planes. The smugness of the debunkers is totally pathetic. We will adopt an 'update'
when our country is being bombarded by the chemtrails. You are ingesting the same poison.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

all your equations of cloud seeding with geo-engineering are proposals - cloud seeding AS IT IS CURRENTLY CARRIED OUT is not geo-engineering.

If yuo think that there is cloud seeding currently being carried out as part of geoengineering then could you please show some evidence of that?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Thanks for replying in a civil and intellectual manner. As I said before, it really doesn't take a conspiracy to notice that there's lingering pollution occurring on a rather wide scale.

The one thing I can thank the conspiracy people for is "noticing." And to me, that's half the battle.

You're a very amicable person. Don't let the "conspiracy" world infect you to where you feel you have to attack or defend anyone on these boards. I can tell that you're reasonable because of this interaction. Many people don't approach things the same way.

Think of it like this...the conspiracy theorists are quite the allies because often, they will point out discrepancies that may otherwise go unnoticed. Yes, these discrepancies are often overblown and sensationalized, but, they do a great deal to aid in overall awareness. Because of sites like this, I have been privy to information that may have been otherwise difficult to find.

Take care.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join