Homophobes:: GET A CLUE!!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by RustyCage
Romans 1:26-27 - "Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion."

Check Your Bible....

Others have pointed out that verse was written by Paul, not God, but I have another thing to add. Natural relations means the relations that come naturally to them. Also, the due penalty for the perversion was likely due to the fact that sanitation and condoms were not used in that time period. You aren't as likely to get sick or anything from it in the modern world. But anyway, people will literally see what they want to see in a Bible verse. That is one of the things that makes the Bible so powerful. It can be interpreted by man.

I mean, you do know that the church used to say that the sky was a glass bubble created by God to give us something to look at, right? (or something along those lines). It took hundreds of years for the church to accept that the Bible wasn't being literal, and in fact, some people believe it still today.

To be against homosexuality is to be against a natural response humans have. I myself am bisexual and can see the world from both the straight and homosexual perspective. I receive a LOT less hate when I am straight than when I am gay. Guys all over my college dorm are constantly talking about girls and have Sports Illustrated pictures taped to their doors, but they're not being ridiculed and considered to be unhealthy and unnatural. They joke and jest and talk about the last girl they scored with and how much they made her moan. Flip the tables and try that with a gay person and unless they're lesbian, these guys will cringe and get shifty and act as if the world is wrong.

It's all about upbringing and what is considered normal. If society had raised people to not think twice about homosexuality (and it happens in California. I have heard the stories about how it is so normal to see homosexuals, that nobody blinks twice when it is brought up) then there would be no problems in that realm today. It really is a civil rights battle too since LEGAL RIGHTS are being denied people for stupid reasons.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mizbeach40
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

I hear you on all the points you bring to light. you are right, I wouldn't go live in a Bible Thumping town, because I know better. There are areas, that already "do" speak openly about the types of people they don't want in their towns.
I normally, am not one to get so riled up and upset. I have experienced the hatred and bigatory on a couple of occassions, but never so bad as some deal with in other states/towns. I live in the capitol of NY. It is quite diverse here, and for the most part, very accepting.
I was more frustrated than anything. I was introduced to this site by a good friend, and it used to be alot of fun. But in the past few weeks I have seen dozens of hateful rants, that really just don't belong here.
I find it sad, that when there is so much suffering going on in this world, that people can be so blind and ignorant.

I am a stand-up comedian, and I have found a way to bring my "gaynes" to the stage to show we are not a threat to anyone, and for all to see, we are as normal as the next person. If you can't laugh at yourself, then what can you laugh at?

I for one know, there will never be a day without some sort of hatred and fear, cause we all are human. I just pray for a day that we will all be able to show some humanity.

You know it really does make me sad sometimes that people cannot be more accepting. You seem like a nice person and that's really all that should matter. I for one would welcome you into my part of town, but I guess my view point is rather common in my area (NYC). Other parts of the country not so much. One thing I would say though is that everyone has a bit of bigotry in them whether they know it or not. Whether it's complaining about the Mexicans, or Corporate Bankers/Wsers, Atheists, Religious fanantics etc.. But that does not mean it should be accepted; just tolerated. And even those that spew hate in many instances exaggerate. When forced to work as a community and see the larger picture at hand, all that falls away. During 9/11 and 2003 blackout there was no such thing as class, race, sexual orientation, gender, nationality, political ideology....none of that. Everyone cared about everyone else regardless of their differences. Everyone helped everyone else, and for a split moment the matrix broke. The Chains of time loosened it's grip and people focused on each other, which was a beautiful thing to behold in a moment of chaos. That thought me a lot about true humanity. It's fairly easy to get on a message board or blog and post the nastiest of nastiest, but in most cases that's just the shadow part within us, when Sh1t hits the fan, our light part out shines all. I wish you well, and if you ever get big link a youtube video of your stand up. Thank care.
edit on 2-3-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Each person is free to live as they please, so long as it hurts nobody.

Each individual is entitled to their own beliefs, so long as they hold them and express them within the confines of the law.

We all know this, so I believe it is case closed.

A true bigot will never change his or her ways, so let it be. You can't beat a dead horse forever.

A true and kind person will always think, weigh up the possibilities of any given situation and perhaps even learn a thing or two.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Ive never been ashamed to be gay and I have never tried to hide it. Anybody that throws around the word "fa.ggot" as if theres something wrong with being gay is a douche bag and you can just laugh at them because they believe stupid fairy tales about the unknowable and live their entire lives to something that has been proven time and time again to be false and ridiculous.

Its actually hilarious when you think about all the straight guys in this world that are outrageously homophobic when you know all they do is have sex with themselves. I often ask myself; why are they so scared of penis?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by rollinshultz

Bravo, you have stated everything so well. Christians are not perfect and are subject to all the frail shortcommings that everyone else experiences. Humility is grossly lacking in both belivers and non-believers.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by WeAreAWAKE

Agreed. In that case, you might just decide you don't really like that person, or at least don't want to hang around with them... I know some people who all they are is sports... they talk, eat, breathe and sleep professional sports. I don't hang around with these folks, because to me professional sports is more boring than watching aluminum rust in the desert.

But I don't hate them, or want to suppress their legal rights or anything... (I realize you and DarkATI probably don't either, but that attitude is more or less, I think, the impetus behind this thread...
).

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I understand your concern at being hated by others especially Christians. Please remember not everyone who quotes the Bible is someone who lives by it. I would also like you to consider God saves people through the grace provided by the death of His Son and even though we are born anew, we are far from perfect and this acceptance of Jesus is only the beginning of a long walk in which we imperfect followers must learn to walk in His ways.

Sometimes younger Christians in their zeal will read much Scripture, but have not learned to apply it through proper reflection and practicing of the love God has extended to and made available to us. Some Christians after accepting the gift of God's grace do not take the steps necessary to grow in the love of Jesus for all sinners and settle for a shallow version of Christianity, which they will answer for in time. These may often take a special satisfaction in bashing anyone or anything they do not like, but such is life for shallow people of all walks. Each of these people or even groups should be dealt with personally and individually. Christians like myself should and do condemn their ideaology and their words.

However, even followers of Jesus who walk in His love must. "hate the sin, but love the sinner". The following two concepts from the Bible "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" Rom 3:23 and the other one is "For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life" Rom 6:23. Even a heterosexual man or woman having sex without being married is condemned by scripture and even if it were not for that all of us still commit many other sins for which we would/will ultimately be rejected.

The point is a homo or hetero sexual sinner is dead without God, in our belief, but we are commanded to love all sinners, but also to condemn all sin for what it is. I love homosexual people just as much as anyone else and have had close relationships with some. Where I do have a problem is for a group of any kind which represents about 2% of the population trying to change for their own special intrerest, the laws instituted by our founders , and being funded by people like George Soros with millions of dollars so that he can see America destroyed including the very special interests he funds. Whenever a small group overturns the laws of the larger group there is only destruction that follows.

So in conclusion, I love all sinners, and hate and have forsaken all sin, but I will not let any special interest group change this Counrty from one founded on Christian principles to one based on selfish desires. I will seek to keep my country clean through voting and I will expose and depose congessman and judges who try to circumvent our constitution for disregarding their oath of office to uphold the Constitution.

God bless these words and those reading them, I confess to being saved from some very dark places and sexual sins which would have embarrased those living in Sodom and Gomorrah, therefore I understand the subject like few others. I wish all Christians to love all sinners and to just plant seeds of His Word for the Holy Spirit to water. Hate helps no one. We Christians will all be judged for our service, try to act accordingly.

link   
am I ultra religious? yes. the answer is yes, to the extreme. and all gays who have turned from God and His Son will burn in hell for all eternity when they die. What's the saying? All ye who enter here, lose all hope (the inscription on the gates to Hell). Therefore pray for these individuals and be active in your community in denouncing and helping these mentally sick people who are on the path to Hell. Amen.

link   

Originally posted by IIIiIIIIIIiIII

You don't need gays for population reduction. We have war, famine, abortion, and disease/plagues to cull the population. That lowers the population far more than gays being unable to produce offspring.

When it comes to de-population, every avenue counts.

One drop of water is just a drop. But a billion drops is worth something all together.

Quote me the numbers on how many homosexuals there are in the world compared to the number of deaths from war, famine, abortion, and diseases/plagues.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mizbeach40

Im glad you posted this im a 15 year old male and some of my best female friends are gay. Alot of ppl look down on hem and gets me mad its not cool or right. There is nothing wrong with being gay..its just messed up cray religious ppl who put these thoughts in ppl heads and it makes me sick..Kill and rape a village full of children in gods name, but how dare you be gay..thats why im not religious and im glaf you had the courage to post this

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I actually would go a step further and not even use "born this way" as a justification. I think EVEN IF homosexuality was a choice, I don't see a problem with it.

The born this way justification makes it seem like you settle for being homosexual "in spite of" something. Well clearly in spite of the inconvenience brought to you by intolerant people, but I think that even if people somehow had the power to choose what they like (I know this would be strange) then who they love isn't anybody's business as long as they do things with their partner that they can both legally consent to.

-rrr

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by BlesUTP

that wold never happen..religious people are to ignorant to accept ppl of diffrent views
..it would be nice if they got off of their high horse tho

link   
Very well said!

I think you raised many excellent points. The general consensus of most major religions is that that God is perfect --- and as you rightly pointed out --- a perfect God did not make a mistake when he created Gay people. It’s as natural a variation as is differing eye colour, hair or skin colour.

I also --- liked how you pointed out that if “God is Love” like so many think him to be, than of course he would not turn his back on his “Gay Children.”

I’m so happy to hear that you have found acceptance in your life. I grew up in a pretty religious family and when I was a teen, my brother came out and I remember very well how difficult it was for him (and my parents) to come to terms with his sexuality. (Not me
I couldn’t have cared less what his sexuality was. Had I ever thought about it --- I would have realized that I knew anyway lol, and of course I just wanted him to be happy)

But anyways I do try so hard to be tactful on this site --- but I can’t help but feel outraged when I read about bigotry and ignorance that gets promoted in some of these threads. My brother is the kindest, most compassionate person I know --- and imho, he’s a better Christian than many of the ignorant trolls that bash homosexuality.

I know that the Christian bible paints God as a judgemental and fiercely tempered old man who gets ticked off at the slightest indiscretion. But this is not who God is really. As I’d expect anybody who visits a conspiracy site would know --- the Bible was not written by God or even Jesus. It was written and then rewritten by the ruling elites throughout the ages to help them control the masses. And the miserable old man figure that is described in the Old Testament as God --- has much more in common with the King/Priest who rewrote it then the truth.

To the bible thumpers --- please remember that Jesus preached love and tolerance. Not hate, superstition or bigotry. So to be close to Jesus is to immerse yourself in love and compassion. I know this might sound blasé --- but seriously ask yourself “what would Jesus do?” Do you think that Jesus would turn his back on any of God’s children. Especially those, whose only “sin” is loving another person of the same sex?

Of course Jesus wouldn’t turn his back on anyone. So ask yourself dear Christian --- if Jesus does not judge --- how, in good conscience, can you?

link   
im not a criminal by choice i was born this way....

and your all hate spewing haters if you dont accept me for who i am.

criminalphobes!1

link   

Leviticus 18:22 You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I didn't realize that the word homophobia was seen as an insult or ad hominem. I don't want to use that word anymore.

More on the term Homophobia:

The meaning of the term is ambiguous: it's meaning often overlaps with other gay-normalization terms such as '''heterosexism''', '''straight supremacism''' and '''gay-bashing'''. The term has especially come to mean "any discrimination against homosexuals" in almost all public discourse (despite that fact that not all descrimination
against gays (or "GLBTs") is based on a phobia.)

The word is also sometimes used to mean 'any disapproval of homosexuality,' up to and including any statement which implies that heterosexual behavior is better than / preferable to homosexual behavior (see below).
Sexualism (bias or preference of one form of sexuality to another, and resulting discrimination) has therefore been proposed as an alternative which is more morphologically parallel, and which does not have the association with phobia.
Queer Theory uses the terms hetero-centric or heteronormativity to refer to a similar (but not equivalent) concept; a societal presupposition that heterosexuality is normal.

I will use 'sexualism' or 'hetero-centric' from now on when describing someone who is intolerant or otherwise looks down on homosexuals.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
"The point is a homo or hetero sexual sinner is dead without God in our belief, but we are commanded to love all sinners, but also to conemn all sin for what it is. I love homosexual people just as much as anyone else and have had close relationships with some. Where I do have a problem is for a group of any kind which represents about 2% of the population trying to change laws instituted by our founders for their own special intrerest, and being funded by people like George Soros with millions of dollars so that he can see America destroyed including the very special interests he funds. Whenever a small group overturns the laws of the larger group there is only destruction that follows."

How do you equate homosexuality and their marriage with Soros? Mind you heresay is not a good answer. Say something that is verifiable.

And my problem with you is that you don't think too much of the constitution if you want to prevent others from enjoying it's protections.

Explain to me how to queers getting married is going to destroy our country. I'd like to know about that. Again, do not enlarge the answer by adding other things as though they would naturally follow.

The worst kind of Christian is the one who is recently converted because they are the ones who have obviously just overcome something of their own and now they feel empowered in some way to some degree of wisdom not before known. Well that's nice.

Hate the sin? It is not good to hate anything. Hate is a harmful emotion which is to be avoided at all costs. It is impossible to come close to God if one hates. God is incapable of hate. Hate is not found in heaven anywhere but only here on earth.

I could go on. Believe me if two queers get married and then a few thousand more do the same across the country then after a year of two the fuss will die out and we will see that nothing has changed. They will even get divorced just like "god fearing" christians even though marriage is supposed to be ordained by God. OOPS....

How come divorce is not going to destroy our country? Answer that one. The only threat to marriage that I am aware of is divorce.

If two gays marry my marriage to a female which has lasted now for 46 years will not be in any way affected. My marriage will not be threatened.

Our country destroyed? Not hardly. If you want to preach against something then start looking at the damage that is done to us every day by corporate lobbyists in DC. They are the real threat.

In conclusion I keep my religion to myself. Can't you be nice enough to do the same?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
“Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’ and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’? So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.” -Matthew 19:4-6

Those are the words of Christ. He even said it's one man and one woman to be joined together as one flesh. He didn't say a man and a man or a woman and woman.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Here is a crazzzyyy idea if you dont care about if ppl are gay..THEN WHY THE # WOULD YOU COME ON HERE...TO BITCH...GET A LIFE

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join