It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homophobes:: GET A CLUE!!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jed001

Homosexuality is a sin
reply to post by mamabeth

that is not the word of god , that is the word of man

Romans 1:26-27 - "Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion."

Check Your Bible....

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Very well said Mr-Lizard. I won't have to post all that now.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

You don't need gays for population reduction. We have war, famine, abortion, and disease/plagues to cull the population. That lowers the population far more than gays being unable to produce offspring.

When it comes to de-population, every avenue counts.

One drop of water is just a drop. But a billion drops is worth something all together.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

Man, that was extremely well said. Very nice reply.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel
reply to post by mizbeach40

Let's see, so you are wanting to see ATS ban:

The OP didn't even SUGGEST that ATS should ban anyone. She did not mention ATS nor banning. So, why are you making this up?

For those who are uncomfortable with the word "homophobia", it does not necessarily mean a "fear" of homosexuals, although it can be.

Homophobia is a range of negative attitudes and feelings towards lesbian, gay, bisexual, and in some cases transgender and intersex people. Definitions refer variably to antipathy, contempt, prejudice, aversion, and irrational fear.

Source

It really just means anti-homosexual, for whatever reason. So, people who "dislike" homosexuals are homophobes.

In a 1998 address, author, activist, and civil rights leader Coretta Scott King stated that "Homophobia is like racism and anti-Semitism and other forms of bigotry in that it seeks to dehumanize a large group of people, to deny their humanity, their dignity and personhood."

If gay people were really considered as "people" they would be legally protected equally and they aren't.

Among more discussed forms are institutionalized homophobia (e.g. religious and state-sponsored[5]), lesbophobia – the intersection of homophobia and sexism directed against lesbians, and internalized homophobia – a form of homophobia among people who experience same-sex attraction regardless of whether or not they identify as LGBT.

You can dislike the word because the suffix (phobia) usually means fear, but that's really beside the point. The word is used for someone who doesn't like or accept homosexuality as an equal and valid sexuality.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkATi
I have an honest question for you: "How can I, as a Christian, show a homosexual (like yourself) real, unconditional love and friendship, without condoning the behavior or lifestyle?"

I was raised in the Christian mythos, but am not a practicing Christian at this point in my life, so please forgive if I've got this wrong...

But isn't one of the basic tenets of Christianity that everybody is a sinner, in one way or another? To me, then, it seems that showing homosexuals unconditional love and friendship would be the same as showing unconditional love and friendship for anyone else... who has sinned or does sin, just different ones (accepting for the moment the Christian belief that homosexuality is a sin, which I personally do not believe).

Would that not be the case?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by RustyCage

Paul wrote Romans, not God. once again do not confuse the word of man with the word of God

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Open_Minded Skeptic

I have an honest question for you: "How can I, as a Christian, show a homosexual (like yourself) real, unconditional love and friendship, without condoning the behavior or lifestyle?"

I was raised in the Christian mythos, but am not a practicing Christian at this point in my life, so please forgive if I've got this wrong...

But isn't one of the basic tenets of Christianity that everybody is a sinner, in one way or another? To me, then, it seems that showing homosexuals unconditional love and friendship would be the same as showing unconditional love and friendship for anyone else... who has sinned or does sin, just different ones (accepting for the moment the Christian belief that homosexuality is a sin, which I personally do not believe).

NOTE: This is just my understanding from my religious upbringing...not my belief.

I believe the difference here is that while (according to the religion) everyone is born with sin, their actions during this life count toward their "judgement". If they continue to sin during this existence...they are considered worse than someone who tries to live sin-free.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Open_Minded Skeptic

You're right that everybody being a sinner is a basic tenet of Christianity.

Here's the problem, and here's why I asked this specific question: homosexuals tend to become easily offended with Christians. I understand why. There are a lot of jerks out there. However, there are also people like me, who do not hate homosexuals, but disagree with their lifestyle. Whenever I begin to interact with a homosexual, they are immediately repulsed when they find out that I am a Christian, and they assume that I hate them just like all those other "Christians" out there.

This is the problem. How can I explain my position (Christian) in a way that is conducive to building both a lasting and true friendship with them?

Cheers,
Cody

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
One more...

The Dictionary.com definition for homophobia is as follows...

ho·mo·pho·bi·a   
[hoh-muh-foh-bee-uh]
noun
unreasoning fear of or antipathy toward homosexuals and homosexuality.

I wouldn't consider Wikipedia a valid source for definitions since anyone can edit them. The Wiki "definition" includes the words "hate" and "prejudice".

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkATi

I don't think you can. Prejudice is prejudice, regardless if it is against a life-style or a religion. As much as it pains me to say, I sometimes think that we should be living in like-minded groups instead of this melting-pot of a country of ours. We, as a people, will never, simply accept everyone else's way of life. But then again, some people refuse to obey laws, religion, morals, etc. It is their right to live their lives as they choose, but they have to understand that doesn't require others accept their choices or situations.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I don't give a damn about homosexuals and I find it's a very old and tired topic to discuss. Maybe come up with some originality next time, eh OP?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkATi

It should not be the goal of a Christian to become a "friend" of the sinner. It is a Christian's responsibility to live his life and conduct hisself so as to be a light to the lost. Loving the sinner but not the sin is our lot. Honesty within loving concern. Whether we are received or reviled is of no concern. Our responsibility is to God and He chooses whom He will. His will is that ALL should come.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

so you're against other people having the right to voice their opinions about homosexuality, whether they be pro or con....? Because you're homosexual?

You're either for the rights of people or you're against them. In this case, you're against them.
edit on 2-3-2011 by PrimePorkchop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Thank you and WeAreAwake for the responses... appreciated.

Here's the problem, and here's why I asked this specific question: homosexuals tend to become easily offended with Christians. I understand why. There are a lot of jerks out there. However, there are also people like me, who do not hate homosexuals, but disagree with their lifestyle. Whenever I begin to interact with a homosexual, they are immediately repulsed when they find out that I am a Christian, and they assume that I hate them just like all those other "Christians" out there.

This is the problem. How can I explain my position (Christian) in a way that is conducive to building both a lasting and true friendship with them?

Hopefully not too far astray from the topic, here, but in these kind of situations, where you are just getting to know somebody who happens to be gay, maybe focus more on the things you have in common than the differences. Then, when the friendship is established, and there is mutual trust between you, you can move on to discuss the stickier issues in your lives.

There are people with whom I am friends where we have some issues where we strongly disagree. But our commonalities far outweigh those differences, so we just don't let those ruin our friendship.

Apologies for the slight off topic...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Good for you sister. OK here goes my rant...

A person would have to be totally out of their minds to choose a lifestyle which would condemn them to constant gossipy talk by others. God makes each of us what we are for a reason. God made some of us homosexual in His Divine wisdom. It's called "Intelligent Design". OK now the Bible, oh yeah the good ole bible. According to Leviticus I can sell my daughter into slavery. Will some Christian tell me what the current market is? See, I've never done this before but the bible says it's OK.

So the point is that the Bible was written by fallible men. It is not, in any way, the world of God. If it were then it would not be filled with inconsistencies and contradictions. And, if it were, then those other men who chopped it up and edited it at various times are guilty of grievous sins.

The only reason ultra bible thumpers are against homosexuality is because they seem to thrive on being indignant regarding someone else. Who or what the target of their indignation is doesn't seem to matter. Ignore them.

OK Christians listen up.... "Homosexuality is a threat to marriage". BS. The only threat to marriage that I am aware of is divorce.

My statement hinting at reasons for things is a separate subject that I am happy to discuss with anyone via PM.
edit on 2-3-2011 by trailertrash because: (no reason given)

link   
I understand your concern at being hated by others especially Christians. Please remember not everyone who quotes the Bible is someon who lives by it. I would also like you to consider God saves people through the grace provided by the death of His Son and even though we are born anew, we are far from perfect and this acceptance of Jesus is only the beginning of a long walk in which we imperfect followers must learn to walk in His ways.

Sometimes younger Christians in their zeal will read much Scripture, but have not leanred to apply it through proper reflection and practicing of the love God has extended to and made available to us. Some Christians after accepting the gift of God's grace do not take the steps necessary to grow in the love of Jesus for all sinners and settle for a shallow version of Christianity, which they will answer for in time. These may often take a special satisfaction in bashing anyone or anything they do not like, but such is life for shallow people of all walks. Each of these people or even groups should be dealt with personally and individually. Christians like myself should and do condemn their ideaology and their words.

However, even followers of Jesus who walk in His love must. "hate the sin, but love the sinner". The following two concepts from the Bible "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" Rom 3:23 and the other one is "For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life" Rom 6:23. Even a heterosexual man or woman having sex without being married is condemned by scripture and even if it were not for that all of us still commit many other sins for which we would /will ultimately be rejected.

The point is a homo or hetero sexual sinner is dead without God in our belief, but we are commanded to love all sinners, but also to conemn all sin for what it is. I love homosexual people just as much as anyone else and have had close relationships with some. Where I do have a problem is for a group of any kind which represents about 2% of the population trying to change laws instituted by our founders for their own special intrerest, and being funded by people like George Soros with millions of dollars so that he can see America destroyed including the very special interests he funds. Whenever a small group overturns the laws of the larger group there is only destruction that follows.

So in conclusion, I love all sinners, and hate and have forsaken all sin, but I will not let any special interest group change this Counrty from one founded on Christian principles to one based on selfish desires. I will seek to keep my country clean through voting and I will expose and depose congessman and judges who try to circumvent our constitution for disregarding their oath of office to uphold the Constitution.

God bless these words and those reading them, I confess to being saved from some very dark places and sexual sins which would have embarrased those living in Sodom and Gomorrah, therefore I understand the subject like few others. I wish all Christians to love all sinners and to just plant seeds of His Word for the Holy Spirit to water. Hate helps no one. We Christians will all be judged for our service, try act accordingly.

link   
Im not gay,
but that was awesome!
Keep fighting the fight!
ps.
i admire your soul.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Open_Minded Skeptic

I guess that really depends upon how the other person presents themselves...or....what they present themselves to be. If they present themselves as simply a nice, friendly person...COOL! But if they are obsessed with being (in this example) gay, and present themselves in that manner only, or mostly...that is all you are given to consider.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

How can I explain my position (Christian) in a way that is conducive to building both a lasting and true friendship with them?

Check out my friend Muckster's reply in this thread.

Originally posted by romanmel
reply to post by DarkATi

It should not be the goal of a Christian to become a "friend" of the sinner.

Yeah, Jesus would hate that, huh?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join