It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homophobes:: GET A CLUE!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

The only place I want homosexuality is
on EQUAL ground with heterosexuality.

Why?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Sister Sista, I echo your sentiments wholeheartedly! And I can definitely relate to the experiences you've gone through. I does seem the hatred from others, the self-loathing we often times feel, the depression, self-medicating...yada, yada...the list goes on and on, is the cross we seemingly have to bare. There's no excuse why it should be that way. But it is.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mizbeach40

Don't know where this is coming from; straight men tend to have far less "problem/"concerns" or even notice lesbians thanwith gay men;We understand; we couldn't get intimate with men either.

I don't care what you do; it maybe the defining element of your life.I don't particularly wanto hear about it in every conversation ( i.e. Ellen Degeneres).

If you are hardcore 250lbs of bar bell curling muscle wearing steel toe line mans boots with your head shaved in a "mohawk style"to show off the scalp tatoos I think its unfair for flamboyant folks to complain Hey!you got a problem? you're lookin' at me!"what are you some kind of homophobe"?

'nuff said: Enjoy your life peacefully; glad you "found yourself "and someone to love...
cheers.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

I hear you on all the points you bring to light. you are right, I wouldn't go live in a Bible Thumping town, because I know better. There are areas, that already "do" speak openly about the types of people they don't want in their towns.
I normally, am not one to get so riled up and upset. I have experienced the hatred and bigatory on a couple of occassions, but never so bad as some deal with in other states/towns. I live in the capitol of NY. It is quite diverse here, and for the most part, very accepting.
I was more frustrated than anything. I was introduced to this site by a good friend, and it used to be alot of fun. But in the past few weeks I have seen dozens of hateful rants, that really just don't belong here.
I find it sad, that when there is so much suffering going on in this world, that people can be so blind and ignorant.

I am a stand-up comedian, and I have found a way to bring my "gaynes" to the stage to show we are not a threat to anyone, and for all to see, we are as normal as the next person. If you can't laugh at yourself, then what can you laugh at?

I for one know, there will never be a day without some sort of hatred and fear, cause we all are human. I just pray for a day that we will all be able to show some humanity.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Well I am no homophobe, but you lot sure are a strange bunch...

I am sick and tired of basically fighting off the gays at my local park where I go jogging at night, you can't stand still for one second to rest before one of em appears from behind the bushes in the dark to "approach" me.

Minding my own business while jogging as I pass them they gesture at me, touching themselves etc.

It makes me sick, at one point I actually chased one away physically because he kept following me.

wtf is up with that ?

And I refuse to let these sicko's chase me away from there, cause it's the only park close to me and I don't want to go running in the streets. I'll fight them off one by one till they stop going there.

You don't see straight people doing such things in public parks ?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I understand the anger and frustration you felt from reading this forum. Fortunately, it is the minority that are homophobes, but homophobia like any other form of prejudice is very hard to erase. You can't change everyone's point of view, even by telling them facts and pointing out constant hypocrisy. Thankfully, legally speaking, the tide is turning in the United States and all over the world. People are realizing gay people should have the same civil rights and treatment as everyone else. There is now, unlike before, a public debate. People are learning their sibling, their family member, their teacher, their doctor, their dentist, their co-worker is gay and there is nothing wrong with them. It is no big deal with the young generations. In the United States where I live, there will be nationally recognized gay marriage within the next decade or two. No, equal rights will not eliminate homophobia, just like racism still exists, but the world will feel a little more just.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheVoodooGamer

I don't know what park you are going through, but that is not representative of gay people at all. Gay people are not some rare breed of humans that follow straight people from behind and stalk them in the night like animals. A select group of annoying people does not represent the whole.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheVoodooGamer
Well I am no homophobe, but you lot sure are a strange bunch...

I am sick and tired of basically fighting off the gays at my local park where I go jogging at night, you can't stand still for one second to rest before one of em appears from behind the bushes in the dark to "approach" me.

Minding my own business while jogging as I pass them they gesture at me, touching themselves etc.

It makes me sick, at one point I actually chased one away physically because he kept following me.

wtf is up with that ?

And I refuse to let these sicko's chase me away from there, cause it's the only park close to me and I don't want to go running in the streets. I'll fight them off one by one till they stop going there.

You don't see straight people doing such things in public parks ?

Not so Funny; Unfortunately it reminds me : My wife and I took one of our yearly motorcycle trips; to key west years ago (my buffett pilgrimage to "captain Tonys saloon"): we couldn't check in to our room for few hours so we sat on a random public bench on one of the beaches ( known I guess for gay men)
we didn't know.we were hot thirsty and from about 2,000 miles out of town. She had just survived a heavy round of chemo-therapy (lost her hair) so was basically "bald" idiots made comments walking by "hey I really like your( her feminine) shirt" they obviously mistook us for a "gay couple of men".

I would never be so forward with any woman I didn't know as a heterosexual man some where in public. They didn't make any friends that day.

There is something amiss in that "culture". and I really try to be accepting; (really go overboard.)You don't want to know my thoughts that particular day.but they were"less than accepting".
She has remained cancer free and her hair returned fine and I stayed out of a Florida jail So its all good today. Married 30 years this year.
edit on 2-3-2011 by 46ACE because: structure

edit on 2-3-2011 by 46ACE because: structure

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I do "HATE" politically correctness that tries to redefine a word

homophobia is the most stupid word ever invented.

anything-phobia is a fear of said thing.

For example I don't care for homosexuality and don't agree with it, but I'm not scared of it I just don't like it, yet the politically correct morons would label me a homophobe, which only proves the level of intelligence of the political correct crowd when they themselves don't know the real definition of words.

now I AM arachnophobic as I am scared of spiders

it is quite funny though just cause I don't like or agree with homos that the political correct crowd has to come running making up words.

That's the problem with political correctness, they want to force everyone to believe, talk, think, act, the exact same. And that is the ultimate wrong against humanity. We are human we all are different and have differing prejudices, likes, dislikes, etc. If everyone was the same it would be a very boring world with no creativity.

political correctness dumbs society down, removes creativity, and independent thought.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

I am an Openly Gay female...

picture or it didnt happen
and make it a sexy one heheh

: P

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

No problem with gays... per se. Although I DO notice that the gay people and the lesbian people often bring it into conversation at every possible chance, which I find very annoying.

yes - some do , but i believe you are applying a degree of confirmational bias , because if you open your ears lots of people talk like that - wether its thier sex lide , thier new golf clubs , thier golf handicap , thier new sorts car , thier new boat , thier preformance in thier 5-a-side soccer league , thier new rolex etc etc - and your POSSIBLE discomforture at hearing about thier homosexuality makes you more attuned to it - and you just ignore the examplese i cite as ` normal talk `

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TheVoodooGamer

err yes they do - please reaserach dogging at your own risk

in this country [ the UK ] its a far bigger problem amonst hetrosexuals than any homosexual public acts

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

why not ?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

*applause and whistles - the crowd goes wild*

Very well said!!!

Why don't you religious folk get a life!!!!

LET GOD DEAL WITH IT!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Louis CK sums it up pretty well

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

statistics show that 91% of all pedifiles and rapist, necropheliacs and beastiality practicers are STRAIGHT white collar males.

Can you eventualy prove your claims ?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

statistics show that 91% of all pedifiles and rapist, necropheliacs and beastiality practicers are STRAIGHT white collar males.

Can you eventualy prove your claims ?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
be happy with what you have. your life is a gift. to assume an identity based upon your sexual preference, which is viewed by some as unorthodox, to put it lightly, is to confine yourself in a prison. you are trapped in your ego. I AM this; I AM that. to say i was born to do this is fallacy. it is your choice what you do (emphasis on the period) ----> .

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Homosexuality is clearly not a choice. People are born gay, they have no say in the matter. My first cousin Mathew is gay and I can tell you it's not something he chose to be. It is very sad that in 2011 people can be so mean and ignorant to the fact.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join