It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homophobes:: GET A CLUE!!!

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by theRhenn
So, by your definition, anything that doesnt agree with you is ignorant?

Ignorant means lack of knowledge.

It has nothing to do with my opinion or agreeing with me.

How do I have a lack of knowledge in the subject? Of course, I'm not gay, so I dont have first hand experiance. That would probably mean that you are in that same boat. I feel well informed by those around me that are gay, so honestly, I think I could have a pretty educated guess, as well as any other. Do gay people know why they're gay? I certainly would like to know myself, as would many others. Why else would this topic have lasted so long?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Um...yes it does...
it's not your right to either condone or disapprove.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaiserSoze

Political correctness has gone bonkers, I can no longer say "fag break" instead I have to
say to my homosexual employee, "Please go and take a rest period, Keith"

Seriously though, I think there is a vaccine or something for that now.

Major applause to your company.

Do you even know what fag means or where that word came from?

I doubt it ever occurred to you.

It means cigarette - splinter - and 100 other meanings. It's stupid for someone to prevent someone from saying "fag" or "gay" when the very words have so many meanings. That is... ignorant.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Ya know what - - those who are prejudice - - ignorant - - and/or stifled by religious doctrine - - - DO NOT matter anymore.

The tide of social acceptance/tolerance - - - has turned - - - and continues to move in the positive direction of Equality.

Since I am old enough to have been around for Civil Rights movement - - I remember George Wallace who was heralded as "savior of the white south". Today - - looking back - - he is remembered in his true form - - - a pathetic bigoted loser.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

It's because the word was originally used to be condescending toward someone, telling them that they are nothing more than a piece of wood for a fire, where they would gladly burn the homosexual at the stake.

The word will probably change its meaning over time, but people are still offended by the original meaning and the current disgust that it is nearly always used with today.

You will rarely see someone say "oh, hello f**, nice day today?" and be actually being nice. That might be said in sarcasm, because that word is considered to be highly derogatory. It's akin to calling someone a f***er and mean that you think they are nothing but s***, in fact lower than s***.

People can act like the word doesn't mean anything and that it's ok to say, but in the manner it is used, it is highly offensive because it is meant to be insulting.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

Thank you Varemia.

I've dealt with so much intolerance and ignorance in my lifetime - - I simply have no patience for it anymore.

You can't stop individual hate/bigotry/prejudice/ignorance etc - - - but thankfully society and laws are progressing.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Political correctness has gone bonkers, I can no longer say "fag break" instead I have to
sIt means cigarette - splinter - and 100 other meanings. It's stupid for someone to prevent someone from saying "fag" or "gay" when the very words have so many meanings. That is... ignorant.

Oh - let me guess.

You looked it up. And chose the definition that best fit - - the statement you just chose to make.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mizbeach40
I have been on this site for about 6 months, and I used to enjoy it, but am totally disheartened as of late due to "certain peoples" views....

I know ALOT of you "ultra religeous " folks will send me hate mail. But I really do not care.!!!!

I am an Openly Gay female, and I am proud. What I am IS NOT a choice!!! I WAS BORN THIS WAY!!! I spent the first 25 years of my life "trying" to be "normal and straight". All it gave me was pain, missery, depression, alcohol and drug abuse. I had BOTH homocidal and suicidal thoughts on a daily basis.
When I finally accepted who and what I am, my life began! I have had success in all aspects of my life since that day of acceptance. I no longer drink, or do drugs, and am extremely happy.

To hate something just because a Bible, Koran, etc. tells you to, is ridiculous. It is natural for you to NOT UNDERSTAND, but it is WRONG of you to judge me based on how I live my life. I am NOT hurting you, or your family. I am not killing babies, or raping your land. SO leave ME and MY KIND alone!

I cannot believe anyone would waste their time posting Bible verses on here, to denounce homosexuality, but yet think it is OK to kill millions of innocents in the name of ANY "GOD".

You say God hates me, and is gonna send me to hell. FINE! Let that happen. LET GOD judge me WHEN I DIE!!! It is between me and him. NOT YOU!!! And for the record, I refuse to believe in "any GOD" that says ...Love they neighbor....but then turns a blind eye on his "gay children". That IS NOT A GOD.....and certainly not a "God " that I would waste my time worshiping. You should know, that "GOD" does not make mistakes. To say I am an abomination, is the same as saying a developmentally disabled child is too.

I DO NOT have sex with animals, nor do I know anyone who does. And for the record, statistics show that 91% of all pedifiles and rapist, necropheliacs and beastiality practicers are STRAIGHT white collar males. Before you lump people into a group, you should really do your research first.

Instead of posting your hateful rants, why not spend your time feeding the hungry or helping the homeless. keep your "religious" views to yourself. Because in the BOOK OF MARK, it says "he who does my judging for me shall he himself BURN IN HELL".. So I guess I will be seeing you in the firey pit someday! Bring your sunblock and that box of tissues!!!

You know, there are a lot of different views on this, whether it is a choice, or the way you were born. It's pretty much both, there is too much evidence for both sides.

But in the grand scheme of things, we really shouldn't go about judging each other for our beliefs. I believe the meat industry is totally evil, and it's wrong to eat animals. I don't think anyone would judge me for that, but someone who has romantic feelings for another of the same sex would be totally bashed

I have a few gay friends, as long as they are not all in your face about it, and don't get offended if you say 'fag' around them, it's fine. People need to learn to love, and notice how we are all brothers and sisters!

Even if the majority of the brothers and sisters at my school are idiots..

Haha WAIT, I AACT LIKE AN IDIOT ALL THE TIME WHOOOPPS

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by WillNiendick
You know, there are a lot of different views on this, whether it is a choice, or the way you were born. It's pretty much both, there is too much evidence for both sides.

I have a few gay friends, as long as they are not all in your face about it, and don't get offended if you say 'fag' around them, it's fine. People need to learn to love, and notice how we are all brothers and sisters!

Gawd - - I am so sick of "as long as they are not in my face about it"

Like you are not in their face every waking moment?

And NO - - it is not a choice. The body/brain is hard wired - - there is no choice. Choice only comes in on how you choose to live your life.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
What do an agoraphobic and a closet homosexual have in common?

They don't want to come out.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Well personally I have never quite understood why a portion of humanity treats the idea of the biological act of sex so differently than the biological act of digestion or eating or any other biological function. This has always been a bit of a mystery to me, I have to assume it's a cultural thing perhaps often rooted in our perceptions or interpretations of a quasi 'religous' nature or perhaps even hard wired somehow.. I have no bad feelings toward homosexuals, don't bash gays/lesbians, I expect they have a right to live their lives as they see fit and feel the need as long as they don't hurt others in the process.

As for sex with animals I have no interest in my dog but oddly enough my dog often seems interested in me or strangers or perhaps even the cat. I have a female dog who trys to perform the sex act with the male cat from behind, go figure, even though she doen't have the necessary equipment. Nature works in mysterious ways.

Men and women wouldn't even look at each other sexually without the necessary god given chemicals and hormones, not to be offensive but I think these might be slightly different for those who find their radars homing in on the same sex vs. the opposite one.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Varemia
reply to post by theRhenn

It's because the word was originally used to be condescending toward someone, telling them that they are nothing more than a piece of wood for a fire, where they would gladly burn the homosexual at the stake.

That's a contradiction. How could it originaly be used as a condescending term when it was already defined as a piece of wood for a fire? I understand what you are saying, though, and it's sad that such meaning behind the words are used in this way. You mentioned the way other words are used, but all the same, they are also used in a joking manner. For example. Calling someone a fvcker... Believe it or not, this is used among friends alot, and not in a harsh manner. "Hey! What's up fvcker!" It's not uncommon that this exact phrase is used among my friends often. If someone I didnt know, or know very well, said to me, I wouldnt take offence to it. My sister in law - the lesbian, calls me a fag all the time. I guess it's ok for her to say it because she is a lesbian.. I guess that gives her more right than me, like black folk call each other n.... Personaly, I think it's stupid that one class/race/creed can used these words to describe each other, but it's taboo for anyone else. What gives? Does everything have to be a double standard? Hell, who knows, perhaps it'll get so bad one day that all words will be off limits. A farcry, but hey... stranger things have happened. I think I'll start making up my own words at this point.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

reply to post by Varemia

Thank you Varemia.

I've dealt with so much intolerance and ignorance in my lifetime - - I simply have no patience for it anymore.

You can't stop individual hate/bigotry/prejudice/ignorance etc - - - but thankfully society and laws are progressing.

I dunno. From the looks of it, as seen on ATS, the opposite is true. I see society going to hell in a handbasket. Just because you're on one side of the fence, opposed to others, doesnt make you right. That's how wars have begun, a diffrence of opinion. This topic as a whole, holds no definite proof of being one way or the other. It doesnt just boil down to religion, laws, bigotry, ect ect.

Once again.. What you feel is correct, isnt so in everyone's mind. Not to mention, one's belief isnt always true no matter what kind of spin you put on it. Agree to dissagree and move on.

Dont cut yourself short. I see alot of patience in you still, otherwise you would have left the topic alone a long time ago.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

sIt means cigarette - splinter - and 100 other meanings. It's stupid for someone to prevent someone from saying "fag" or "gay" when the very words have so many meanings. That is... ignorant.

Oh - let me guess.

You looked it up. And chose the definition that best fit - - the statement you just chose to make.

No miss.. I read alot and I consider myself very well educated.. Pardon the spellings of course, though, if you prefer, you may go against your own words and take a jab at my slight dislexia

See, you assume you know me, but you know nothing of me. So, in a sense, you're pretty much doing exactly what you speak against. I didnt need to look it up. I already knew. I'm not as young or as missinformed as you would think. Just because you're 85 doesnt mean you know everything, nor does it mean that the people who have opinions counter to yours are uneducated. I spent my time in school and I do have a degree. Bet you figured I was some 18 year old kid without a clue.

Never assume anything about the person your speaking to on the world wide web. Just stick with the information and leave it at that. We're adults... why cant we have a contructive argument about these topics without getting all bent out of shape? To me, that shows ignorance and lack of patience.

No worries miss.. I dont hate ya. I just love arguing with ya because you have yet to make a point that makes any sense to me. I'm not perfect, as I do jump the gun sometimes as well and dont fully consider the topic, but if I'm hanging onto it this long, you can bet I've put some unbiased thought into it. Unless you can give me food for thought, i'm sorry, I still stand as I am and continue to seek any GOOD information you have yet to present that may change my mind. Dont feel that I'm locked in my ways, it simply takes some sort of input that will have me look at it another way.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by WillNiendick

Gawd - - I am so sick of "as long as they are not in my face about it"

Like you are not in their face every waking moment?

And NO - - it is not a choice. The body/brain is hard wired - - there is no choice. Choice only comes in on how you choose to live your life.

LoL You, miss, are a walking, posting contradiction!

I love the "In your face approach" you bring. Didnt anyone teach you that double standards are baaaaaaad?

Just out of curiosity... What if your child, husband, mother/father, ect, had opposing beliefs on this matter. Would you disown them if you couldnt sink your point?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Ya know what - - those who are prejudice - - ignorant - - and/or stifled by religious doctrine - - - DO NOT matter anymore.

The tide of social acceptance/tolerance - - - has turned - - - and continues to move in the positive direction of Equality.

wow it really sounds to me ( an this is a common story) like you are not acceptant of Christians....
but expect all Christians to conform to your belief... like any liberal you are not open minded, and you only are tolerant to those who share your views. here is a big clue, there is no such thing as equality, we are not all equal... get over it. Think about this if it wasn't for all the " intolerant " people, what would all the whinny liberals have to complain about.... you might all have to be contempt, or something.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Target Earth
wow it really sounds to me ( an this is a common story) like you are not acceptant of Christians....

I was born and raised Christian.

Let's not even go there.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

now I see .....
fair enough.......

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Target Earth
reply to post by Annee

now I see .....
fair enough.......

I'm not sure what you see.

By choice I am no longer Christian or anything for that matter.

However - having been raised in a religion - - I do have the right to have an opinion about it.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Just because you're on one side of the fence, opposed to others, doesnt make you right. That's how wars have begun, a diffrence of opinion. This topic as a whole, holds no definite proof of being one way or the other.

Ya know, I see a lot of wrong-ass people say this.

Look, if there were a group of people claiming that 2+2=5, they would be wrong. They're perfectly allowed to be wrong, and we can agree to disagree. At the end of the day though, they'd still be wrong.

Here's an identical twin study, knock yourself out...
www.tim-taylor.com...
I'm not going to hold your hand through that, but if you choose to turn a blind eye to it I'm sure a GLBT (or however that goes) with an axe to grind would love to walk you through it.

Short version: out of 3 studies conducted on identical twins (monozygote), there's a 69% (how ironical) chance that if one gay, the other is too. As opposed to an 18% chance if they're fraternal twins (dual zygote).

That screams genetic component to me. That also indicates that it cannot be a choice (although if it were, I still wouldn't give a rats ass what part of a dude another dude wants to put in his mouth, that stuff ain't my business)

This is a case of prior "knowledge" being replaced with new knowledge.

www.exploratorium.edu...

In this case the prior knowledge comes with a lot of dogma, homophobia, and other stuff I don't understand. Of course, that makes it difficult for the prior, incorrect knowledge to be replaced, but I figure as our understanding of genetics gets better it will eventually give way.

The sun used to revolve around the earth, right? Religion was the champion of that "knowledge," and eventually technology so outpaced the crap that reality became a self-evident, inescapable fact.

Currently I cannot see how, but technology moves quickly and in unexpected ways, and maybe one day soon homosexuality will be universally accepted and people will stop believing horrendous nonsense.

Sorry for being so serious. Here's some relevant comedy to lighten the mood. Hopefully it will offend everyone and then you can all set aside your feelings on homosexuality and hate me.

edit on 3/19/2011 by Sunsetspawn because: ATS is screwing up links

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join