It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homophobes:: GET A CLUE!!!

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Well, I used to be a blind person who did not understand homosexuality. I found that there is no way to divide human science from religion. Better than that, I say that there is no way we can understand ourselves without understanding spirituality. Most people nowadays live as if this world is the only inhabited place in the Universe. People lose their faith too young today. They don't feel the necessity of finding the spiritual truth until it is usually late in their lives. So, after reading a few books on Spiritism I came to the conclusion that homosexuals are born this way, like they say it themselves. What happens, according to my research, is that people, men and women who are sexually deprived, suffer child abuse or sexual abuse, live in unstable families, go through rape or traumatic situations tend to reborn their next life with the Kundalini chakra - a.k.a root chakra - unstable. It means that the energy flow do not happen the right way in those people. So, their material bodies try to deny what they spirit wants them to accept - homosexuality. It is a way for the spirit to balance the energy out that was once kept unused or was wrongly developed. In other words, it is all about karma effect. Women and men who were forced to marry people they didn't love in the last centuries now reborn with sexual issues of all kinds. From rapists to gays, from sexual disorders to mental paranoia. We are harvesting what we planted. If we do not realize that we are the creators of our own reality, we won't find the strength to fight our instinct and will keep on increasing the problem. The same thing happen with people with disabilities. I have a blind father who is also a great father and a good man. I do not think about what he may or not have done in the past lives to have to live like this in this life. It is not our job to judge, it is God's task. All we have to do is accept and face our challenges the best way possible to fix the mistakes we made in the past, in this and other lives. We live without knowing what these faults are because it is easier for us to correct the mistakes this way. God "cleans" our memory before reincarnation so that we won't suffer thinking about what others did to us and what we did to others. We need to correct what we do wrong without knowing what was wrong. We must love all people, homosexuals, straight, disabled, black, white, indian, asian.....we are all God's sons and we all can make a difference if we understand more, if we put ourselves in others positions before cursing or pointing the finger at them. We all have the power to heal ourselves and others, we just have to accept it and develop it. We are a mirror image of God. We have his power divided among billions of individuals. If we unite, we can do pretty much anything. Love!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dalloway

Well I didn't make a choice, one day I just started noticing how attractive girls were. Around 9 or so it was for me. My first love was actually the girl that lived next door, we had played together almost daily since we were 4, so I guess that is natural. We were boyfriend girlfriend from 10 till 14, when she moved away across the country.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

People are so much more than sexuality and sexuality is a non standard by which to declare ones acceptability ..or attempt to force it on others.

I could have quoted your whole post, but that would be a waste of page. Once over was good enough. I don't disagree at all that people are so much more than their sexuality. However, I don't think more than a couple could be said to think that way.

Because I take a moment to give input into a thread, that doesn't mean the position I took is the whole me or that that is all there is to me. If I make a comment about cooking in a cooking thread, that doesn't totally define me either. You are the only one who seems to be making that assumption. You've made a lot of presumptions in your post, but I'm not implying you are always presumptious.

I do think it was a good reminder to people that sexuality is only a piece of who we are even tho only a few appear guilty of thinking otherwise.
edit on 3/4/2011 by wayno because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Hi,

It would be inaccurate to say I am gay, but I sure have homosexual compulsions. I can tell you with certainty that the underlying causes in my case are primarily a lot of trauma. I have a good friend who used to be gay. He had a boy friend for 5 years. Well, he isn't gay anymore.

Are some folks born gay? I admit to being skeptical.

But, I sure ain't here to judge. I have a ton of compassion for gay people.

A couple more thoughts. I don't think it's reasonable to expect gay people to have to completely keep it to themselves. For example, what if folks at work are at the proverbial water cooler and discussing what they are doing for a long weekend? Some guy says, "My wife and I are blah, blah, blah." Well, what about a gay person? Can't he say, "My partner and I are blah, blah, blah?" I'm not talking about talking about sex here, you know what I mean.

Getting back to my first point. The book "The Heart of Female Same-Sex Attraction" by Janelle Hallman would certainly demonstrate that 1)a person can believe female same-sex attraction is a consequence of a few things gone awry, 2)it's not a choice, 3)a person believing such need not be a homophobe and can actually have tremendous compassion.

Oh, I wanted to bring this up too. The 91% of abusers are straight men assertion. I think that is quite high, but anyway you need to adjust the numbers by the % of men that are straight versus gay. And even at that figure, a gay guy would be more likely to be an abuser than a straight guy.

o2

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
You were not born that way as it is not possible to be born gay despite what many believe so it most of been something you were injected with at birth or something influenced you but there is no way you can be born gay.

As for those vile acts that you mentioned it is actually a myth that it is white males that take part in them more but instead the minorities that make up a HUGE amount of those criminal acts statistics.

No one is going to bash you anyway but people have the right to speak to their mind about homosexuality whether its liked or not or even whether it makes you detest this site.
edit on 4/3/11 by Viking9019 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by thegiftbearer

Sexual preference is between opposites(male and female)which is the whole point of having an attraction and being with someone which will lead to reproduction which homosexuals cannot do so the whole 'sexual preference' does not go with homosexuals.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by o2bwise
I have a good friend who used to be gay. He had a boy friend for 5 years. Well, he isn't gay anymore.

There is no such thing as Ex-Gay. You either are or you aren't.

Here's a good article to read (probably deserves its own thread)

LARRY AND KC JANSSON FOUND LOVE IN THE MIDST OF ANTI-GAY "REPARATIVE" THERAPY

www.dallasvoice.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CayceFan

Uhhh well yeah of course they are........you aren't trying to condone it are you?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I like sex!
I like it here.
I like it there.
I like sex anywhere,

I like it non stop
I like it when she's on top
I like it if he's big and tough
Sometimes I like rough!

I like sex on boat
I like it in moat.
I like sex in a car
I like sex in bar

I have been with a pal
I have been with a gal
I have been with man
I was with a he-she in Japan

I like sex on a bed
I like it standing on my head
I like sex,while tied in knots
I've had sex with a robot

I have it done every way
And there is only one thing I can say
It doesn't matter who you screw
What goes on, is between them and you!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mizbeach40

I'm not a Homophobe I just find it irrational for same sex species to mate. If you're saying "you don't have a choice" you should study psychology a little bit and learn how your brain works, you may find that you do have a choice.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by PreownedMind

I'm not a Homophobe I just find it irrational for same sex species to mate. If you're saying "you don't have a choice" you should study psychology a little bit and learn how your brain works, you may find that you do have a choice.

Absolute absurd nonsense. How the brain works!
You do realize that the head on top of your shoulders has nothing to do with what the one between your legs wants to do. Reason has nothing to do with that little guy, its all stimulus, reaction -- no thinking involved.
Hormones, chemistry, yes. Reason, no.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turkenstein

It is not biologically "normal!" When you consider that sex is biologically meant for reproduction, then you have to admit it is deviated from its true intent. ...

Then explain why heterosexuals engage in sex other then to reproduce. Why are we not like other animals that engage in sex only when the female is in heat? Shall we call any form of sex, except those that result in conception, deviant? Sorry that biologically normal argument is seriously flawed.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
reply to post by thegiftbearer

Sexual preference is between opposites(male and female)which is the whole point of having an attraction and being with someone which will lead to reproduction which homosexuals cannot do so the whole 'sexual preference' does not go with homosexuals.

what are you even trying to say? do you have any idea what you just said? if you could rephrase this it would be appreciated. (i apologize if this seems like an attack and if english is your second language just let me know. i want to know what you are trying to say here because the wording doesn't really complete a thought.)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I hear you man. Great post.
HOWEVER

If someone chooses NOT to like homosexuals because of their sexual orientation...so be it. As in, are you going to FORCE everyone to like them? That would a little NEW WORLD ORDER style wouldnt it be?

This arguemnet is always funny to be because if someone doesnt like homosexuals thats fine. That is their choice. In fact, they need to REASON to not like them. Its just a choice to not like this type of person, that kind of people. ITs like if someone didnt like straight people...so be it.

Im SO AGAINST forcing people to like everyone.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I've always found the whole anti-gay argument to be a bit silly... I'm not gay but some of my best friends are, and I can pretty much tell you that you'll find about as many immoral gay people as you will immoral straight people. I was brought up in a Christian environment and taught that homosexuality was wrong.. but it didn't take a whole lot of soul searching to figure out that these people are a little off. It's one thing to disapprove of it, the same way I disapprove of eating anything with sour cream in it. If it doesn't affect you, or anything for that matter, why take such a strong stance against it? I don't agree with your god, but I'm not tracking you down to tell you exactly why I feel that way until you do the same, then it's fair game. Make sense? Don't get me wrong, I love to complain about things I disagree with (various religious and non-religious concepts included), its human nature and I do it all the time. On my own website that no one is forcing you to go read.

The inability to reproduce is an invalid argument on many levels. If sex is only meant for reproduction (stay with me here) then by all means cancel your internet service, shut off your tv, stop painting, playing cards, and whatever else you do that doesn't bring a baby into the world or put food on your table because the animals don't waste time on silly stuff like having fun or expressing love. Let's all just start living in grass huts again while we're at it, who needs air conditioning and microwaves. Secondly... whoopdie do, they can't reproduce. Newsflash, the world is overcrowded anyway. Seems like the perfect opportunity to adopt a kid who isn't fortunate enough to have a family.

Truthfully, I could really care less about taking one stance over another, I just favor common sense. I don't "support" homosexuality because I don't "support" heterosexuality either. I don't feel that inborn (or developed) qualities need my support to be valid. But I do support your right to be whichever one comes natural. Even if I disapproved of homosexuality, I'd probably say this exact same thing because I believe in the right to do whatever you want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone.

I also don't think anyone should base their opinions strictly off what a religious book says. I know not all people in this argument have a religious affiliation, but I'm directing this towards the ones that do. It's not the time for me to bash religion today, but I'm just saying that you should think for yourself and not be told what direction your moral compass should point. We were given a conscience for a reason, we all have the innate ability to decide right from wrong, no holy book required. If your personal convictions line up with that book then more power to you, but I tend to think a lot of it is just ancient superstition and prejudice forced upon continual generations in the name of "good." And for those that would point out that I sound intolerant, you are wrong. I am stating an opinion (your opinion may be that whatever book is the only truth in the universe). I am not trying to make anyone burn their Bible or stop going to church, just trying to make people think about what they're doing and why other than "because my great grandparents did it." They also ingested asbestos and lead, smoked, possibly rode a horse instead of a car depending on how old you are, and if they saw a computer in their younger years it was probably about as powerful as a calculator and took up an entire room. Progress makes perfect, we can't stay stuck to old beliefs just because the beliefs are old, that does not make them more valid.

One of the things I was trying to get across though in case it wasn't clear... You can have an opinion (in this example like or dislike gay people, approve or disapprove of being gay) and that's perfectly fine. But when you condemn them, harass them, and legislate against them, you're taking their right to live free and happy to satisfy your personal beliefs. If you disagree with homosexuality, don't have sex with people of the same gender, It's that simple. There are plenty of types of people I dislike; I stay away from them and when I have to deal with them I'm courteous unless they give me a good reason not to be.
edit on 5-3-2011 by duke396 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
The only thing that annoys me about this conversation is use of the word "disagree". You never use the term "disagree" when talking about hair colour. You may like a particular colour better than another. That is a subjective judgement on your part -- no problem. You don't intellectualize or rationalize your reasons because you don't have to -- they are just a statement of preference.

The same applies to sexuality, another innate, inborn quality just like hair colour, eye colour, height, whatever.. You can neither "agree" or "disagree" with it, you can only say you like it, or you don't, or you don't care, -- a personal preference. Please leave "agree" out of it because that makes no sense whatsoever. Its not like you have a choice in the matter in spite of what some idiots like to pretend they believe.

And if anyone honestly believes that it would be appropriate for a person born gay to deny themselves any sex their entire life, then that person is one sick you-know-what.

Stop using words like agree or disagree when there is no decision with which to agree or disagree. A person's sexuality is just what it is without anyone having made a decision for it to be that way. That goes for straight people, gay people and people in between . It just is. Everyone was born with the sexual orientation they have. Like it, hate it, don't give a damn, but it is not something anyone has a right to say they disagree with any more than you can agree with a tree being a tree. It just is.
edit on 3/5/2011 by wayno because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I disagree Wayno and Duke396,

I think it is a very ignorant non standard to declare or attempt to force, intimidate, foist off on another by default or guilt ones sex, sexuality, or sexual orientation.

I think that this is very phony non standard by which to declare ones greatness or acceptability ...sexual orientation. I disagree with it ..hetero or homosexual both.

I think that any type of sexuality is a very poor non standard by which to measure ones humanity.

I also dont think it intelligent to compare humans to the very base conduct levels of other animals and then call this acceptability and greatness. One has to go to public school and major in emotions to get this naturally dumb.

I am not arguing against sex or sexuality. I am saying that this is a very overated and ignorant topic line and very very few here seem to be able to digest this concept.

People are more than mere sexuality or sexual orientation. This is an extremely weak and lame concept by which to declare ones greatness or acceptabiliity...hetero or homosexual. A very weak non standard by which to declare ones humanity. Particularly by putting humans on the footing with base animals.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

To the original thread....

Firstly, it's a shameful act for any person to harrass you no matter who or what you are.

However, in saying that I don't think ATS or any other board (except that of a gay/transgender social network) is the correct board to openly tell us your sexual preferences. This goes with openly gay/transgender or straight people. Quite frankly, I think a majority of ATS members really don't care.

---------------------------------------------------------

As to the title of the original thread.....actually, I DO have a clue and I for one will NOT play in to the hands of the Gay/Transgender community nor for the pushing of their social agendas. It's time to stop funding these Gay groups and organisations and start putting the money in places where it's needed most.....perhaps children and adults with disabilities & illnesses, carers and the homeless.

Perhaps this might explain GID children and GID adults behaviour....

www.narth.com...

Here's a good website to learn more:

www.massresistance.org...

Am I homophobic? Thats about the weakest bloody argument that spits out the mouths of people I've ever heard. It almost sounds like the use of the word "whatever" because the person can't hold down a proper intellectual conversation and they're always on the defensive.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by o2bwise
I have a good friend who used to be gay. He had a boy friend for 5 years. Well, he isn't gay anymore.

There is no such thing as Ex-Gay. You either are or you aren't.

Here's a good article to read (probably deserves its own thread)

LARRY AND KC JANSSON FOUND LOVE IN THE MIDST OF ANTI-GAY "REPARATIVE" THERAPY

www.dallasvoice.com...

You gotta be kidding me!

You do not know him. You have no idea what his life was and what it now is.

HOW can you judge him? And that is what you are doing. You are positing something on him without knowing one single thing about his life. I've known Paul for something like 15 years.

He ain't gay anymore and as far as he is concerned, he was gay going back to maybe 6 years old.

o2

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
The same applies to sexuality, another innate, inborn quality just like hair colour, eye colour, height, whatever..

This is an assumption and an unproven one at that.

o2

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join