It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homophobes:: GET A CLUE!!!

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimwolf

There is a line between desires of the flesh (carnal) and true love. Society nowaways has twisted around love to mean something that is lust instead of a true love for that person's being, including thier spirtual,mental and physical health the foremost is spirtual because that is the control behind it all this natrual balance is upset when you believe, for whatever reasons, that it is unecessary. This is vain imaginings, a common theme I have seen from my personal experiences is one of the primary goals that evil spirits will work to do is get you to kill yourself. This is done because they want you rip the carpet from under your own foundational moral framework that is instilled within you (to weaken you) so you cant fight,. The book of life. This is your sheild against it. Sin is active known intent against what, you would think is your conscience telling you is wrong, but is really this knowledge in the spirit, that makes it. God who manifests all things. No eastern religon or philosphy has ever gotton closer to the truth then the Bible. I know because I had been searching in all the wrong places.

Do not confuse geniune concern for hate. If it were not for the book, or even others based off what its teaching, society would have already sanken deep into perdition to a state of unrestrained orgy, hate, greed, jelousy, and consumption. As is hell. Because that was what you cleaved to want in life, (if you do not fight for justice in one sense you will not in another) no structure or discipline. Like setting yourself against the heavens sitting on your own throne, like a stubborn and proud goat.

Atleast thats how the spirit will see it. Because it sees for what it is.

This reality is far deeper than you would even want to believe.
edit on 3-3-2011 by EnigmaticDill because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

do you realise i said nothing about having sex in that post? who is the one with sex on the brain?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rastus3663
reply to post by Riff2525

There was a time when the majority of people did not want interacial marriages either; so no it doesn't matter what the majority wants.

You cant be serious......."so no it doesn't matter what the majority wants"???? You must have missed civics class huh?? That quote has to be about the most unAmerican statement I've heard on this website. I see your point about back in the day that the majority didnt want interacial marriages. BUT and a big BUT......The people went out and changed that.....Go ahead. Pick up the gay flag and wave that baby all the way to Washington. I support that right. I never said that I was anti-gay.....But how can you reasonably say that it doesnt matter what the majority of Americans want??? You have clearly stated what I believe to be wrong with America today: The wishes of the the majority of the American people are being outright ignored. Respectfully

Riff

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaticDill

Why are you telling me this?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

Just as in the animal world, 2% to 3% of any population having a certain characteristic doesn't make it "normal."

2% to 3% of people rob banks, or murder people, or kill puppies. So... that's normal?

And don't forget, one of the reasons Islam hates America is because of our tolerance of homosexuals. So, thanks
for that.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Maybe not normal.. but pretty much undeniably natural.

I assume that you are referring to what goes on in the animal world?? Not sure thought. But if you are, although it happens on rare occasions in the natural=animal world doesnt mean there isnt a defect going on there either. Also I would like to add that I'm not saying that being gay is a sickness, defect, ect....Everyone seems to be ignoring the fact that I brought up earlier that genetecist wont even go near the SCIENCE of being gay. They are labeled bigots and their careers destroyed. I as a straight man would like to at LEAST know the science behind being gay. How could you possibly deny that there is some sort of science going on there??? Respectfully

Riff

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riff2525

Originally posted by Rastus3663

There was a time when the majority of people did not want interacial marriages either; so no it doesn't matter what the majority wants.

You cant be serious......."so no it doesn't matter what the majority wants"???? You must have missed civics class huh?? That quote has to be about the most unAmerican statement I've heard on this website. I see your point about back in the day that the majority didnt want interacial marriages. BUT and a big BUT......The people went out and changed that.....Go ahead. Pick up the gay flag and wave that baby all the way to Washington. I support that right. I never said that I was anti-gay.....But how can you reasonably say that it doesnt matter what the majority of Americans want??? You have clearly stated what I believe to be wrong with America today: The wishes of the the majority of the American people are being outright ignored. Respectfully

Riff

REPLY: Very well put. I'd also add the mixed marriage argument isn't the same, because people don't/can't choose their skin pigmentation; it's genetic, as opposed to homosexuality. Faulty wiring is faulty wiring.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by controldiction
Choosing to be gay does exist.

. . . People who are born homosexual will die a homosexual. The others can just chalk it up as experience, at least they know what they want or don't want after the experience.

I think its more Choosing Gay Behavior or Experience.

Cuz like you say - - - the "hard wiring" is what it is - - and it doesn't change.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegiftbearer
reply to post by Annee

do you realise i said nothing about having sex in that post? who is the one with sex on the brain?

I'm sorry - - but "pair bonding"?

Did you talk about careers - - professionals (like doctors) - - home owner - - neighborhood watch - - carpools - - paying taxes - - being an athlete - - mowing your lawn - - taking your kid to the park - - etc etc.

NO - - your entire post was about bonding/pairing/mating etc etc. In other words SEX.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimwolf

I was kind of expanding on what you said I wasnt directing it in anyway.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Predisposition, not predetermination. The myth that homosexuality is innate is popular but untrue.
edit on 4-3-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

nothing about sex was said but your fascination with the subject is disturbing and i think you need help. finding and bonding with someone else isnt sex and everyone knows it is but one aspect of someone's life. you are the only person that is saying anything remotely close to life being all about sex. you were the one who twisted the argument into that direction and started defending yourself by naming activities that lots of people perform during an average day.

sexual preference is a choice and no matter what you do to try and change the subject you aren't going to change that fact.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

(a) Of all animals, human beings are the most genetically indeterminate. In the words of Dr. Joseph Wortis, Department of Psychiatry, State University of New York: "no complex high-level behaviour of the human species can be reduced to genetic endowment, not language, not house-building and not sexual behaviour[6] "Preferential and exclusive homosexuality is not naturally found in any infrahuman mammalian species[7] and it would be odd for such behaviour in humans to be genetically determined.

Whilst studying hereditary speech disorders scientists discovered the language gene. Another group of scientists discovered that not only do crows have a language to communicate to each other but also regional dialects.

(c) Another factor which makes genetic theories implausible are cultural considerations relating to attitudes towards homosexual behaviour. The prevalence of such behaviour increases in cultures indifferent to such behaviour, and a casual attitude towards sex in general. For instance in ancient Graeco-Roman culture, homosexual behaviour was tolerated and was highly prevalent[9] , whereas in cultures in which it was disapproved of, homosexuality was much more rare[10]. Dr. Baron, from the Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University, New York, commented in the British Medical Journal recently that " it would be difficult to envisage a change in the prevalence of a genetic trait merely in response to changing cultural norms[8] ."

I have a friend that was from the Philippines and there it is common to eat dog and it is very prevalent. In North America, we look down on the eating of human’s best friend, and when she told our group of friends we all had the same reaction of disgust.

Here are two recent studies that were not only conducted on homosexuals but heterosexuals as well, just in case people want to claim some kind of bias or fixing of the results:

1) "Gay Brain Differences"
2) Animals aren't the only ones affected by pheromones.
edit on 4-3-2011 by Dendro because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Dendro

Do you accept or deny that through habits and experiences the brain can rewire itself? There is no "hard-wiring" for many psychological things.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by thegiftbearer

Do you read any of Annee's posts ever? Everyone is making the assumption that because she is defending equal rights that she must be gay as well. People can be straight and fight for what they believe in morally. I'm "caucasian" but racist remarks are the surest and fastest way to push me over the edge.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

5 minutes between my post and your post... hmm... I find it hard to believe you read all the articles I posted. I took the time to read yours. If you're not going to give me the same courtesy than this will be the last post of yours I will respond to and will skip over your posts in the future.

The brain only rewires itself when necessary like in the cases of people who have hemisphere lobotomies, and the brain has to adapt to missing an entire half of its functionality. However, I don't think the brain is maleable and can change at the drop of a hat. I hate mushrooms, but if I suddenly start forcing myself to eat them to get over my aversion, you won't see a change in my brain structure.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Dendro

I read them in the other thread.

en.wikipedia.org...

Funny, I used to hate certain foods that I now find absolutely delectable. Do you not see the problem with arguing it is innate because the brain structure is different, when it is known to change based on experiences?
edit on 4-3-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Dendro

on the same side of the coin it was apparent to me that she had not read any of MY previous posts within this thread. and it is blatant ignorance which sets me off. i apologize if i assumed she was gay. the fact that i made a false assumption about her personal life however STILL has nothing to do with the argument at hand, which in a previous post IS something i brought to everyone's attention.

im not here to call names or make any assumptions about anyone's personal life, simply stated because i don't care about your personal life at this point. right now i just want you to understand that it IS a choice.

homo-sexuals aren't proud because they were born that way. they are proud because a choice they finally made in life made them HAPPY. same goes for any other choice in life. WHY some people can't see this is as simple as you want to make it... i don't know, but i am tired of this idiotic banter, name calling and subject changing.

this thread is hardly going anywhere and it makes me sad.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Changing my mind on whether I like a food or not, or even between not liking a song to liking it, is not going to cause a dramatic change in my brain structure or formation. Both, like sex, have relations to the pleasure centres of the brain and it doesn't cause a physical change. What's significant about the brain scans is that if you handed the scans for a blind test (a doctor who doesn't know who the scans are of nor their genders) would group them respectively straight males with gay females and straight females with the gay males.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Dendro

Changing your mind about what's attractive to you is a slow process and depends on your experiences in life. It is as innate as finding fetishes sexy. You choose neither consciously, but hardly anyone will argue that fetishes are innate. If the brain structure has changed, can we tell whether you were born gay or made gay? Is your brain structure different because you are gay, or are you gay because your brain structure is different? I take the stance that nurture has much bigger fraction than nature in deciding what you find sexy. There is no such thing as a gay gene.

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join