Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Homophobes:: GET A CLUE!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Plus... Not all so called homophobes are bible bashers or shallow minded.

Considering homosexuality is the minority, it doesn't take a genius to figure out why the majority are wary of the gay agenda.

Just saying... Not everyone should be tolerant of everything, otherwise people will walk all over you.

I much prefer neutrality over politically correctiveness.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Good rant.

I don't hate you or even dislike you. For the record, I don't really know you.

I would judge you by your ideas. So far, you are articulate and you write well. Both good things.

So, hello and have a great day. I do believe that the arguments that you stated were well said. I also do not believe that god makes mistakes.

So much of the things written in the bible come from a time and a place that could not accept anyone who was different. I don't think that god would condemn someone based on who the snuggle with. That doesn't make any sense.

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
If gays want to to be treated like everyone else ,stop going on about your sexual preferences,I dont care which way you do it ,keep it to yourself.
Always in the news ,after some rights ,convincing the young kids that its ok to experiment .
Just keep it to yourselves ,no one else wants or needs to know.
Not a homophobe ,just dont understand why its always being discussed,seems more like a private matter for each individual.You want me to start a thread about how i like nice women,?probably not and i wouldnt anyway.

+19 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
You want me to start a thread about how i like nice women,?probably not and i wouldnt anyway.

The sad thing is. If you started making threads about how you love women and bragging about your sexual ideals, your thread would probably be deleted.

But... Gays and lesbians can happily come here to moan, brag and tell everyone about how gay / lesbian they are.

+16 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Have you ever considered leaving your sex life and sexual preferences out of your conversations on ATS?

Personally, I don't care who or what you have sex with, as it is your business, but if you were keeping your personal life to yourself a little more, there would be nothing negative to deal with.

Now, if you're trying to be a champion for gay rights and all that, then you should anticipate no change in what you're getting from people.

You're gay... good for you... but there is more to life than living through one's sexuality.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mizbeach40

I think its important to realize that homophobes are people too. And they all have different reasons.

I used to be very judgmental of homophobes too, until I got to know one.

He is a middle aged guy, very Christian, and he would literally froth at the mouth when talking about gays. I always wondered why, and one day, during a conversation about parents, he confessed that he had been molested by a man as a child and his father did nothing when he tried to tell him.

So......................it all made different sense to me after that. He hates gays because he was molested, and the fact that he is religious just adds to his sense of hatred for them. His religiosity isnt the root of his hate, it just gives him more justification to hate.

The best way to deal with prejudice of ALL KINDS, including those who are prejudiced against the far right wingers, is familiarity. The more you get to know people of the "kind" that you find repugnant, the more common ground and humanity you will find in them.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Hey, no need to be hysterical, nobody hates you because you are gay, except some wacos, of course. What many people hate is publicizing your private life and sticking your "unusual" preferences in everybody's face.
And quit saying this nonsense "I'm gay and proud!" There is nothing to be proud of, just live your life the way you have chosen and try to not be a nuisance.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I am really sorry you have experience so much hatred... It IS disgusting!!! And I know what you mean... tolerance on ATS seems to have taken massive step back lately.

But please do not think that all religious people behave this way... they don't. I am a Christian... and I follow the words of Christ...

"Judge not for you shall be Judged"

"Let he without sin cast the first stone"

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?"

All the words of Christ, which tell me not to Judge others. I have NO right to judge you and never would.

I also have a friend who is a Muslim and gay. His family accept him and, although he has experienced bigotry from other areas of the community, on the whole he does ok.

Unfortunately some people are just ignorant and bigoted, and some hide behind hate because they are unsure of their own sexuality and so lash out as a way of trying to prove just how straight they are... it’s sad really.

But it’s not really to do with religion... sure, religious people will use certain passages of the Bible, Koran or whatever to justify their hatred... But then I’ve heard homophobic atheist say "It just goes against nature" and "it just aint normal"

I really don’t see how two people loving each other (whatever their sex) can be classed as "not normal"

It just goes to show that hatred is hatred, whatever you try and hide it behind.

I honestly wish you all the best and, like you, I hope that the ATS community starts to open their minds a little.

Peace

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by BlesUTP

One is inherently destructive and limits the progression of the human race, the other doesn't

I'll let you figure that out on your own. I do agree, bashing this or that isn't going to help the situation. If individuals choose to be a bigot based upon writing, scold them for being bigots. However, we do need to discuss this topic in a civil, respectful manner. Civility is the cornerstone to a thriving and intelligent forum environment.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

You know, I bet you've got a lot of anger (probably with good reason) at those people that I personally won't ever understand but hold your horses there. No need to go flinging stones wildly. The stubborn will continue to stay stubborn (haha, get it? Cause they're stubborn...) so why waste your time on their level? Keep in mind that alot of Christians don't quite get what they're reading and take in the pieces they choose. Jesus didn't preach hate or anything like that, He spoke of love, kindness, patience and quite often said,"Do not judge, lest you be judged." Not everybody here is a homophobe. I, personally, don't care if you are a lesbian, abuse(d) drugs, or whatever as long as you're not hurting anybody or tearing up the the place. Life's a celebration, I don't wanna spill your drink at the party and I hope you don't spill mine, if you do though, I can always get a new one. Cheer up, take a breath or two, and join the party. Haters? Kill 'em with kindness, that's what Jesus says to do (Seriously, he does). Best wishes!
Peace!

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The problem i have is the gays who act flamboyant and actually change the way they act, talk, dress...i watched a buddy do this, once he reported he was gay he turned someone who had to wear it like its his only definition for life.

I really do not care but if some guy is talking like a teenage girl and sounds even more ridiculous then it gets my attention.

Would be nice if some people who are gay to speak of WHY so many turn into parading freaks , is that just how they are born ?? I don't think so , it is learned behaviour at that point, has nothing to do with "sexual preference".

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket
Ok. So why are you "proud" about something you had nothing to do with?

Many times, members of groups who have been oppressed learn to be ashamed of who they are because people react so negatively to them. At some point, these people decide NOT to be embarrassed or ashamed anymore, and instead, decide to be proud of who they are. That's where that comes from. That's all it means. The opposite of ashamed.

Heterosexuals were never oppressed or made to feel "un-proud" of who they are.
edit on 3/1/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mizbeach40

And for the record, statistics show that 91% of all pedifiles and rapist, necropheliacs and beastiality practicers are STRAIGHT white collar males. Before you lump people into a group, you should really do your research first.

I disagree. There have thousands of recorded cases of gay paedophiles. Also gay men do rape other men (I know a male transvestite who was raped by an openly gay man), plus incidents in gay clubs where people are tricked into snorting ketamine (thinking it is coc aine) to make them 'more relaxed' and then assaulted.

Don't forget a lot of homophobes may be this way because of sexual abuse at the hands of gay men.

Can you show me these so called statistics that claim that 91% of all paedophiles, rapists, necropheliacs and animal abusers are straight men.

Or are you simply pulling statistics out of the air ?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
The sad thing is. If you started making threads about how you love women and bragging about your sexual ideals, your thread would probably be deleted.

Are you serious?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There are many heterosexual threads on ATS/BTS. You don't think anything about hearing someone mention their husband or their wife, but that's advertising their sexuality. If heterosexuals don't have to "keep it to themselves", why should gay people?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

that is an entirely opinion based assessment, and while i respect your right to express your thoughts, i must disagree.

individuals are responsible for their own actions irregardless of what an institution says is acceptable. people choose to do what they will, so they should be judged accordingly.

multi-national corporate influence is the real threat to humanity, not religious beliefs.

but yes, more civility would be a welcome change.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I also think a lot more men have been abused than the statistics allow for. Mainly because in the past it has been so shameful to admit, that it has really been kept in the closet.

We are in the midst, (with the pedophile priest revelations and other men stepping forward and telling their stories,) of a new understanding of just how many boys are molested. And I think when it all comes out in the wash, its going to explain a lot in terms of the homophobic attitudes of many men.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
...one day, during a conversation about parents, he confessed that he had been molested by a man as a child and his father did nothing when he tried to tell him.

Hi.
I was molested by not one, not 2, but 3 different men when was young. That doesn't give me an excuse to hate men or heterosexual men. I do agree with you that homophobes have every right to be who they are, hate who they want and talk about it. But as an adult, to hate ALL of any particular group because of what one, two or three do, is bigotry. And to use religion to prop up one's bigotry is really sickening, to me.

reply to post by Muckster

Excellent post, friend.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Many times, members of groups who have been oppressed learn to be ashamed
of who they are because people react so negatively to them. At some point,
these people decide NOT to be embarrassed or ashamed anymore, and instead,
decide to be proud of who they are.

Awareness of that process is healthy. Emotional attachment to these issues is the root of the vast majority of the suffering. Experiencing pride for a state of being is probably preferable to experiencing shame for it, but if homosexuals could do what they do, simply because they choose to...without any pride or shame at all...that would probably be both healthier and more comfortable for them.

For example, I like to ski. It's not something I'm "proud" of. Neither is it something I experience shame or guilt over. It's simply something I enjoy, and occassionally do. There's no huge emotional weight attached to it. Consequently, I feel no need to justify to the world the validity of my choice to ski, nor would I feel uncomfortable being in a room of people if I was the only skier amongst them. And if one of them were to tell me that skiing was the work of the devil and that I was evil and going to go to hell for it...I'd be much more likely to be amused than bothered.

Once homosexuals can choose their behaviors with a similar lack of emotional attachment...I think they'll find their lives much easier.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrinchNoMore
The problem i have is the gays who act flamboyant and actually change the way they act, talk, dress...i watched a buddy do this, once he reported he was gay he turned someone who had to wear it like its his only definition for life.

So, he was acting straight before he came out. Once he came out, he relaxed and stopped acting. If you weren't allowed to be who you are for many years, you might go a little bit overboard once the chains were off, so to speak.

Would be nice if some people who are gay to speak of WHY so many turn into parading freaks , is that just how they are born ?? I don't think so , it is learned behaviour at that point, has nothing to do with "sexual preference".

I'm not gay, but I have a lot of gay friends.
Because of the history of gays (persecution and oppression), a 'gay culture' has emerged. It's like the rap culture or the cowboy culture... They each have their own way of talking, dressing and even walking that they identify with. I don't see a problem and I find it entertaining and delightful! Not all gay people act like that, but they are free to.

Being different in the US isn't easy. Having a culture and mannerisms that one can relate to makes one feel more included, more part of a group. More accepted for who they are, instead of acting like someone they're not.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Well, I certainly dont mean to demean your experience, but I dont think it is really comparable.

For instance, IF your body betrayed you, by finding itself physically aroused by any portion of the molestation, you do not have to question whether or not YOU are gay for the rest of your life because of it. You may still have to deal with self loathing, and all of those issues that arise because of the complex, pleasure/revulsion/fear combination that sexual molestation causes, but your sexual orientation will likely remain clear to you.

Also you see how easily you confessed to your experience? Imagine in the case of my neighbor telling one person as a child, who reacted as if it were so shameful it was never spoken of again, and no action was ever taken to vindicate you. Women can be victims in our society, without losing "face." In fact, some women revel in the role of victim.

Men who are victims lose not only by the act that victimizes them, but by the mere fact that they have been victimized. Weakness is still frowned upon in men, and I dont want to hear how thats on them, and too bad for them, thats the whole patriarchal system, blah blah blah. I have never heard men talk with the kind of venom about "weak men" that I have heard women use.

So, as I said, I am sorry for you, no one deserves that, and I am sure it caused you pain, but............................I dont think you can really compare the pain you experienced to the pain a straight man who has been molested by another male would feel. Its compounded by a lot of things women who are molested dont have to deal with.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join