It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chavez: U.S. distorting situation in Libya 'to justify an invasion'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Chavez: U.S. distorting situation in Libya 'to justify an invasion'

Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez claims U.S. criticism of Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi has a clear aim: military invasion.

"Let's not get carried away by the drums of war, because the United States, I am sure that they are exaggerating and distorting things to justify an invasion," Chavez said Monday, according to Venezuelan state media.

I'm not sure what to make of this. The cynic in me suggests this whole thing with Libya is more about oil than human rights. I find Chavez an interesting figure and feel he is often portrayed as a boogey man in the mainstream media, yet Gaddafi's actions are indefensible and the fact Chavez is making claims of friendship with him changes my opinion slightly.
edit on 1/3/11 by Kram09 because: Spelling, grammar

See the link for the full article

CNN

edit on 1/3/11 by Kram09 because: Because I forgot to add the link to the story.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Was waiting for something like this to come out.With all the BS the media puts out it is difficult to sort thru the proper gander.
I must say the fascist USA gov was very quick to act on this,almost a preplanned agenda? Time shall reveal the truth.Cheers

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I have to take anything that Chavez says with a grain of salt. The man is at best a sensationalist, at worste an outright liar.

Thats not to say he isnt somewhat correct, but I need more than just ol' chavy's word on this one.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Yemeni President claims U.S and Israel behind Middle East unrest

The Yemeni President has made claims of a similar vein, saying that the U.S and Israel are responsible for the uprisings.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Look no further than the US track record.
I am no seer but, i forsee a US military base in Libya.
Oh, and a hung dictator too.
Then dead civilians and some soldiers.
Shame on us.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
Yemeni President claims U.S and Israel behind Middle East unrest

The Yemeni President has made claims of a similar vein, saying that the U.S and Israel are responsible for the uprisings.

Now there is a shocker..

People really give the US a lot of credit. We have been able to destabilize the entire region?
We cant even balance our budget

edit on 1-3-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Geez what took him so long to finally comment? He's slacking.

Actually, it's as good a theory as any, I reckon. Certainly not outside the realm of possibility. Us mushrooms really do only know what we're told.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Hum so Chavez is a liar and can't be trusted. I was in Brazil when they had a meeting of the heads of South America and their main objective was to stand together and tell the USA F off and worry about your failing country and stay the hell out and mind your own business, we don't need you.
And puppet Obama can be trusted to tell the truth?
Or for that fact any politician or government official or CEO or CFO or scientists (global warming how many millions spent on this?) and the list goes on.
So if anybody other than the USA says it is so it's just BS and dismiss it.
Oh yeh the USA did invade Iraq and break the Geneva Convention with a legitimate reason (which by the way is the now the third time they have done so (#1 invaded Panama and took out the President and put in a new government, #2 invaded Iraq, #3 invaded Afghanistan and looks like Libya is #4)
How many people did Chavez kill and how many countries did he invade and enslave?
But yes the USA is doing this all in the name of Human rights with no self interest involved but hey Chavez can't be trusted because he's a bad guy that told on the Almighty Above All USA that does not have to adhere to any treaty or policy because we are the BULLIES OF THE WORLD AND ANYBODY THAT PUTS DOWN THE USA HAS GOT TO BE FULL OF IT AND A USA HATER because after all the USA is here to protect and do what's best for the people of the world.
By the way what always happens to the bullies?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
*Yawn* same old rhetoric. Like Chavez doesnt have an axe to grind. US isnt the only media outlet reporting about unrest in Libya so what facts are being distorted really? Cause Gaddafi says that there is no unrest at all and nobody is protesting in his country. Im all for US staying hands off on this one, if anything we just started to move the USS Enterprise into the region.
US is no peach but curb the hate for a bit UK went in and pulled actual rescue missions with SAS troops but I dont here any complaints there. We only need to breathe in the direction of Libya and oh no its an oil grab by the U.S. even though all that oil goes to Italy, Germany and France

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Anyone who tries to say this isn't true is clearly misinformed. The Libya uprising as well as the Egyptian uprising and Tunisia uprising all had major World leaders claiming that The United States and terrorist organizations are working together using drugs and mind control to take the Middle East.

One World Order will rise out of the Middle East.

Do you think a dictator in his last days before he's killed by United States special forces really cares about lying to you? He knows the US is going to kill him. He just wanted you to know how deep the rabbit hole does. That we go so far past war crimes as to use mind altering and controlling DRUGS

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by laslidealist
Hum so Chavez is a liar and can't be trusted. I was in Brazil when they had a meeting of the heads of South America and their main objective was to stand together and tell the USA F off and worry about your failing country and stay the hell out and mind your own business, we don't need you.
And puppet Obama can be trusted to tell the truth?
Or for that fact any politician or government official or CEO or CFO or scientists (global warming how many millions spent on this?) and the list goes on.
So if anybody other than the USA says it is so it's just BS and dismiss it.
Oh yeh the USA did invade Iraq and break the Geneva Convention with a legitimate reason (which by the way is the now the third time they have done so (#1 invaded Panama and took out the President and put in a new government, #2 invaded Iraq, #3 invaded Afghanistan and looks like Libya is #4)
How many people did Chavez kill and how many countries did he invade and enslave?
But yes the USA is doing this all in the name of Human rights with no self interest involved but hey Chavez can't be trusted because he's a bad guy that told on the Almighty Above All USA that does not have to adhere to any treaty or policy because we are the BULLIES OF THE WORLD AND ANYBODY THAT PUTS DOWN THE USA HAS GOT TO BE FULL OF IT AND A USA HATER because after all the USA is here to protect and do what's best for the people of the world.
By the way what always happens to the bullies?

Theres a difference between realizing that the source is a sensationalist and not jumping at his word, and shrugging it off completely.

I'm not sure why you are bringing other leaders into this, as the thread is about Chavez, and not about all the other liars in positions of power (and yes there are many).

Chavez has a history of sensationalism, of saying things to elicit a reaction as opposed to speaking the truth. Good for you if a person of this nature is trustworthy enough for you to take him at his word, but I need more.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I think you didn't get the point?
HE IS EITHER RIGHT OR WRONG AND CHAVEZ IS TALKING ABOUT THE USA SO IT IS NOT ONLY ABOUT CHAVEZ.
DO YOU BELIEVE CHAVEZ WHO IS A SENSATIONALIST OR DO YOU BELIEVE IN YOUR 9/11 GOV'T?
SIMPLE AS THAT SO YES IT IS ABOUT CHAVEZ AND HIS WORD VS THAT OF CORRUPT USA.
LESSER OF TWO EVILS NO?
THERE IS NO ONE THAT YOU CAN TAKE THEIR WORD
GOOD FOR YOU IF YOU BELIEVE YOU FEARLESS LEADER MUSLIM BARACK WITH THE COINCIDENCE OF ALL THIS MIDDLE EAST UNREST JUST SO HAPPENING TO BE ON HIS WATCH.
WHO ISN'T A BAG OF AIR?
WHO HAS THE MOST TO GAIN FROM THE TURMOIL, CHAVEZ OR THE USA?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by 9Cib27
Anyone who tries to say this isn't true is clearly misinformed. The Libya uprising as well as the Egyptian uprising and Tunisia uprising all had major World leaders claiming that The United States and terrorist organizations are working together using drugs and mind control to take the Middle East.

One World Order will rise out of the Middle East.

Do you think a dictator in his last days before he's killed by United States special forces really cares about lying to you? He knows the US is going to kill him. He just wanted you to know how deep the rabbit hole does. That we go so far past war crimes as to use mind altering and controlling DRUGS

Yeah I pretty much do think they will lie. A liar will lie at any point in time. All these dictators have held onto power a good portion of their lives. They try to galvanize their people by claiming external forces are attacking as a last ditch effort to unify. People need to stop blaming outside forces cause last anyone has checked the only people protesting in the streets are the people of those nations not outside forces.

If you torture someone long enough they'll admit to any crime you tell them. Truth doesnt come out just because you're losing your kingdom. You spew out anything that comes to mind and hope it sticks. The West is who they are blaming. Gaddafi has gone batty he swears nobody is protesting and the people love him. Yes this is all a facade by the US. Its the drugs in the cafe's and Al Qaeda yeah thats it.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

HE IS EITHER RIGHT OR WRONG AND CHAVEZ IS TALKING ABOUT THE USA SO IT IS NOT ONLY ABOUT CHAVEZ.
DO YOU BELIEVE CHAVEZ WHO IS A SENSATIONALIST OR DO YOU BELIEVE IN YOUR 9/11 GOV'T?
LESSER OF TWO EVILS NO?
GOOD FOR YOU IF YOU BELIEVE YOU FEARLESS LEADER MUSLIM BARACK WITH THE COINCIDENCE OF ALL THIS MIDDLE EAST UNREST JUST SO HAPPENING TO BE ON HIS WATCH.
WHO ISN'T A BAG OF AIR?

Im sorry but thats just more spewing hoping something might stick as well. Russia has plenty to gain in all of this. While the middle east is in turmoil the wolrd can turn to Russia for Natural gas and oil. Buy some stock in Gazprom. The US as a country actually gets the shaft out of all this. All the pandering we have done to those leaders goes for naught and we have to rebuild relations we once had on tap wiht newly formed governemtns who may or may not like us. IRan sure didnt turn out to be a friend did it??

Also if you lived in the US you notice just the news of turmoil shoots our gas prices up the next day before any ramifications are felt. So the only people I see getting fat are corporations, and they are all global entities. Only other winners are countires who are oil exporters. Oh doesnt Chavez run one of those countries? Guess he doesnt have any stake in this at all

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

LESSER OF TWO EVILS NO?
WHO ISN'T A BAG OF AIR?

I think YOU didn't get the point (or, for that matter, that there is a little button you can push to turn off your caps
).

It's not an 'either/or' situation. Just because I dont jump at the word of a sensationalist like Chavez, does not mean that I have to agree with Obama, or anyone else for that matter. It is also not saying that I flat out disagree with him, or that I am shrugging him off. It means that I need more information on the topic, as opposed to jumping to one side or the other and blindly SCREAMING that only I can be correct.

Do you know anything about Chavez, and his history? The man has a long and documented history of not telling the truth, and of playing on emotions instead of fact. In your case, it seems to have worked.

I am not going to bite on your attempt to make this yet another obama bashing thread (there are plenty already out there...I suggest you take it to one of those, where it will be ON topic), but I will say I find it curious that you consider the Middle East to be something that is "under his watch"

If Chavez, or anyone else for that matter, can come forward with some actual EVIDENCE, one way or the other, on these claims, then I will take his words more seriously. Until then, the bottom line, is that they hold about as much meaning as playground gossip.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Chavez knows first hand what he's talking about, as he's been a victim of a coup attempt orchestrated by western governments in the past. The coup was fed to the Venezuelan people through 'black propaganda', portraying president Hugo Chavez as a monster and as the op said "boogey man".

Please take a moment and watch this documentary to get a look on how the '02 coup in Venezuela resembles what is currently going on in Libya.

The Revolution will not be Televised

A wise man once said, to define your future, you must define your past. Well, take a look at the past and watch this documentary to see what your future holds. Compare and contrast the Venezuelan coup and Libyan protests after, and you'll be surprised at the striking resemblance.

Media disinformation, black propaganda, denial of truth, and manipulation.
edit on 1-3-2011 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-3-2011 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I do not want to argue as it is pointless because nobody can win an opinionated point of view and each perceives what they perceive as the truth.
I just like anyone that stands up to the extreme evil that persists and emanates throughout the USA without fear of being taken out by the evil USA empire which IS PROVEN HAS BEEN DONE BY THE USA!
Are you familiar with the GULF OF TON KIN or the the ATTACK ON THE USS LIBERTY BY ISRAEL THAT KILLED AMERICANS AND OUR VERY OWN GOV'T LET THOSE PEOPLE DIE IN VEIN AND HUSHED IT UP TO PROTECT NOT THE AMERICANS BUT THE GOV'T OF ISRAEL.
Or the Atomic bomb they dropped accidentally on Spain and said they would clean it up but never did or what they did to the people on Bikini Island that they used these people's homes as a playground for Nukes (would you like that to happen to your family?) Then they told them it's ok to go back and live we cleaned it up only to find that the soil was extremely radioactive and their children were dying by the hundreds and to this day the effects are still felt and NO REMORSE WHATSOEVER by the good ole mass killer USA.
Damn i just thought if the USA teamed up with the Vatican they can be like Mcdonald's and claim over one trillion killed.
All these are facts and feel free to research and repudiate any of the above.
Anything the USA does or says it is there to help is just another self advancing agenda opportunity which by the way if opportunities don't present themselves then they are manufactured.
Please do you homework on the country you so proudly and blindly stick up for.
Seems like you need to learn a few things about your wonderful country
So you tell me who you believe.
It's not about Obama bashing as he is just a puppet it is about someone standing up to the most wicked and evil entity anywhere in the universe.
If Americans had half his balls maybe some of this crap the USA is doing would stop.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

I do not want to argue as it is pointless because nobody can win an opinionated point of view and each perceives what they perceive as the truth.
I just like anyone that stands up to the extreme evil that persists and emanates throughout the USA without fear of being taken out by the evil USA empire which IS PROVEN HAS BEEN DONE BY THE USA!
Are you familiar with the GULF OF TON KIN or the the ATTACK ON THE USS LIBERTY BY ISRAEL THAT KILLED AMERICANS AND OUR VERY OWN GOV'T LET THOSE PEOPLE DIE IN VEIN AND HUSHED IT UP TO PROTECT NOT THE AMERICANS BUT THE GOV'T OF ISRAEL.
Or the Atomic bomb they dropped accidentally on Spain and said they would clean it up but never did or what they did to the people on Bikini Island that they used these people's homes as a playground for Nukes (would you like that to happen to your family?) Then they told them it's ok to go back and live we cleaned it up only to find that the soil was extremely radioactive and their children were dying by the hundreds and to this day the effects are still felt and NO REMORSE WHATSOEVER by the good ole mass killer USA.
Damn i just thought if the USA teamed up with the Vatican they can be like Mcdonald's and claim over one trillion killed.
All these are facts and feel free to research and repudiate any of the above.
Anything the USA does or says it is there to help is just another self advancing agenda opportunity which by the way if opportunities don't present themselves then they are manufactured.
Please do you homework on the country you so proudly and blindly stick up for.
Seems like you need to learn a few things about your wonderful country
So you tell me who you believe.
It's not about Obama bashing as he is just a puppet it is about someone standing up to the most wicked and evil entity anywhere in the universe.
If Americans had half his balls maybe some of this crap the USA is doing would stop.

I'm sorry kid, but youa re way out of your league here, and are only showing that you dont understand the point.

Everything you listed is common knowledge. Please dont prompt me to research items that I was learning about long before you had any clue, especially when you have obviously not bothered to research chavez in the least. We can play this all day....I can sit here and list far worse things done by the US than what you have stated. I can also list them about nearly every group in the world.

To blindly accept this person's word, which chavez openly admits that he has no proof of, is folly. Tell me Im defending someone, when I have clearly stated that I am not defending anyone, but merely asking for evidence.

Accusing me of blindly following, when you are so willing to blindly take chavez's word only exposes you as one who has already made up his mind without getting the facts.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
People really give the US a lot of credit. We have been able to destabilize the entire region?
We cant even balance our budget )

that's cuz a lot of the budget went to
destabilizing the entire region.

edit on 3/2/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by BiGGz

great movie! its hard to tell what is what with all the propoganda. its better to try and hear both sides of the story.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join