It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vote Howard out: Michael Moore

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by gvret
The guy has changed his opinion on so many issues and his foreign policy stance just plain scares me.

Sounds like the impact of Bush on the USA, but he has a free hand with his cronies to be as corrupt and unaccountable as he likes, a status which will never be available to a PM in Australia.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Yeah I doubt we will ever get to the stage where our PM will have powers similar to the American president. On Latham though it would be funny to see Latham react to a foreign dignitary if he pisses him off. I remember him fetching up to once assaulting a taxi driver.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
just to continue on from above post...

What about his lets pull the troops out of iraq before christmas agenda...

Oh wait... lets leave some there and bring some home...

Oh wait... no lets bring them all home again...

HANG ON that won't work..

Ok Some can come home but some have to stay..

That's some pretty impressive forward stance ..and this is just one issue..

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I am sure Latham would pat Lizzie's backside in a firmer fashion than Paul Keating did, and he would king hit persona non grata George W Bush during dinner for the hell of it.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I am sure Latham would pat Lizzie's backside in a firmer fashion than Paul Keating did, and he would king hit persona non grata George W Bush during dinner for the hell of it.

All the more reason for him not to be Prime Minister... We don't need that kind of attitude running our country thankyou very much!

Chris

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
To continue from above:
Latham- I will release my economic policies soon
Journalists-Ahh, we have elections soon
Latham- I will not be bullied by the government in releasing my policies regarding the economy
Journalists-Ok but we have elections by the end of the year dont you think you should tell the people what you intend to do?
Latham- When I'm ready......

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Latham would be interesting, in the same way as a car-wreck would is interesting...

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Defence of weasel Howard at ATS on grounds of economy and social policy can be as weak as the stuff you read around here defending the actions of the Bush administration.that.

Uh, except the Coalition has actually done a bloody good job of it down here. The economy charged through all the worldwide shakes of the last few years with gusto. Unemployment is way down, all indicators are strong. Why vote in someone who is pretty much a novelty when there is already a working formula in place.

Beazley would stand a far better chance than Latham I'd imagine.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I voted for little John because he is a lot more honest than Keating ever was. But he has shown weakness and extremely bad judgment in his handling of Australian/US relations.

Like almost every other world government we should have followed the UN resolution that there was insufficient justification for invading Iraq.

Having someone as a friend is a very important thing to be taken seriously. But when your best friend says, "hey, lets burn down some buildings, kill some people, rape and torture a few more, and steal some stuff" I would start looking around for another friend. We don't need that.

The way he was seen licking Bush's ass on TV here in Australia made me sick. He has shamed us all here in Australia. While the Liberal party have done a lot of good things, Howard has to go.

Latham will get in for sure, but John Howard might just announce an election date, and then say that he himself will not be standing for re-election.

That could change things quite a bit if it actually happens.

Howard is a smart veteran politician, he would like nothing better than to retire at the end of his term in dignity, and see the Liberals in for another term. I think he knows that if he stays, he will be branded a loser. So what is the bet that Costello (his deputy) leads the Liberals into the coming election ?

This personal smear campaign directed at Latham has CIA involvement written all over it. Bush is hopping mad at Latham's decision to withdraw our troops from Iraq. Howard says he knows nothing about it, and I believe him. Americans are not sophisticated enough to understand that what they can get away with in America, does not work here. It has all stopped pretty quickly. Howard may have told Bush the spooks are being counterproductive and to stop leaking this stuff to the press.

I think most Australians will not be sorry to see Bush lose either. That would go a long way towards healing relations with the US.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Ive seen alot of footage of Costello doing PR rounds latley, visiting huge "rock arena" churches proclaiming his christian faith, going on midday talkshows and playing with animals. He is a very smart man and if the whole US relations situation (building more US bases in Australia) and war on terror didnt exist, i would vote liberal without a doubt, now i have second thoughts.

If George Bush gets voted out, i would vote liberal because he would no longer be a dangerous influence on Howard and hopefully Kerry would not take us for granted and ease up on some of the former policies introduced by bush.

Howard is a great leader and a good man, but he and I only disagree on one thing, forigen policy dictated by Bush. It shows, we were one of only 6 countries in the world to vote against removing the wall in israel.

D

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Warpspeed
I voted for little John because he is a lot more honest than Keating ever was. But he has shown weakness and extremely bad judgment in his handling of Australian/US relations.

That's what I like about Keating when he was around. He didn't take crap from anyone. He was so arrogant and the whole House of Reps would just freeze when he got up to speak.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Meh. I'ma vote for Johny Howard. HE's certainly better than Mark Latham.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
REgarding Costello,

He has been Australia's BEST Treasurer in my view... As kano has pointed out.. Unemployment is way down.. the deficit is down... He gave me $600 for my child....with more to come in september...

He is smart, witty and downright good at his job.. and I am sure he would make a brilliant Prime Minister... The perfect replacement in my view. And leagues above anything labour can put forward...

Chris

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by electric squid carpet
Ive seen a lot of footage of Costello doing PR rounds lately, visiting huge "rock arena" churches proclaiming his christian faith, going on midday talkshows and playing with animals. He is a very smart man and if the whole US relations situation (building more US bases in Australia) and war on terror didn't exist, i would vote liberal without a doubt, now i have second thoughts.

I agree Costello is a smart man, and he is a lot tougher than little Johnny. Not a man to be bullied or pushed around either.

While Latham is also a tough nut, he could be a loose cannon. Keating was tough too, but he was a crooked slime-ball. It is interesting how Australia's previous Prime Ministers have fared since their retirement. Hawke and Keating, the two prominent high profile freemasons, have both faded into anonymous disgrace and scandal. I don't know if Latham is also a freemason, but he may very well be. Something to think about.

American Presidents too, seem to suffer from this secret society disease. When was the last time America had a president that was a true Christian and genuinely believed in honesty and truth ? Kennedy maybe ? These days it is all Skull and Bones, secret deals, murder, oral sex in the Whitehouse, shame, disgrace and scandal.

[edit on 22-7-2004 by Warpspeed]

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I think a little more research is needed into those PMs that have been Freemasons and those that have not. State the sources of information.

Across the ditch I am pretty sure Helen Clark is not a Freemason.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
The NSW freemason grandmaster Anthony Raymond Lauer was a speaker at the Telstra National Press Club meeting not too long ago (on ABC), he talked alot about past freemasons...to the shock of the audience, many of them were prime ministers and other predominant Australian figures (he listed a few). Ive been trying to get my hands on a transcript of the address but it will cost $60

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Difficult to provide proof that can be presented here on demand.

I have studied freemasonry for almost thirty years, have been proposed four times but never joined. I know a great many freemasons, some of my closest friends and workmates are freemasons. I know for a fact Bob Hawke and Paul Keating are in the craft. I do not know if Latham is or not, I would really like to know.

If I knew with reasonable certainty I would have said so in my previous post. It is up to each person to decide if freemasonry is good or bad.

John Howard is a devout Christian, that is also very widely known. But I cannot provide irrefutable proof of that here either.

I intend to find out about Mark Latham, and if he is indebted to any secret society, before I would ever vote for him.

The fact is though, many politicians rise by using freemasonry to get to the top. When there, they then owe a lot of favors, and a lot is expected from them by the Lodge, and by their brothers, in order of repayment.

That is the problem with freemasonry, it is extremely easy to get into, and impossible to escape from later without destroying you career.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
D
gvret

I love how you guys say that MM should stick out of our politics, but us the US and UK can decide the fate of the Iraqi's without UN approval.

and Ozchris what are saying.

Our economy grew due to the American dollar slumping after 9/11 and it grew so much that farmers are exporting less due to our high dollar value,
National debt is reduced because most state governments are run by Labour and they are reducing ex liberal state debts whcih have taken years to fix.

Little Howard has released tax breaks that a majority of his supporters( the rich) dont agree with.

And ask struggling famalies(like me) if they notice the help.

Warpspeed.

You say that Howard is more honest than Keating.

Keating was honest to the Indonesians, and what Johns famous quote.

"Australia will never have a GST"

At the end of the day JOHN COWARD IS A HUNT
:

[edit on 24/7/04 by thatguy]

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by thatguy
Keating was honest to the Indonesians

Well that's good because he wasn't honest to Australian'.

Keating wasn't a politician, he was a 'back-stabbing' yobbo.
www.indiana.edu...

"The Lizard of Oz"
Sanc'.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Hehe,
How the rich slip through tax net
By Brian Toohey, Sun Herald, 21st March 1999
Quote,
The figures highlight the way the super rich were the great beneficiaries of changes introduced when Paul Keating was treasurer. He lopped 13 cents in the dollar off the top marginal rate of tax applying when John Howard was Treasurer in the Fraser government. Keating also introduced the dividend imputation system which slashed the amount of tax paid on income from shares.

The latest statistics, however, suggest that many wealthy Australians have been trying to reduce their tax even more by channelling money through vehicles such as trusts and private companies.
www.geocities.com...

Sanc'.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join