It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your cat can send you insane. Toxoplasmosis. I will never let a cat near me .

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

Originally posted by tsawyer2

My cat is more likely to make me go crazy by sleeping on my head all the time.

The cat is keeping a demon from getting to you at night. Put a black light in your room and the cat won't sleep on your head anymore.

UltraViolet Light keeps demons away. A Blacklight is ultraviolet. I chet you not. Something's feeding off of you.

Or.......your head is warm and cats like heat.
Or maybe there is a demon trying to get into my oil heater.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fea061612000.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Tharsis

Umm...yeah, there's something wrong with your friends if they never, ever clean out their cat's litter boxes. Do they even have litter boxes? Seriously, that does sound like a really unhealthy environment. Do they have little kids running around all that? When I worked for Social Services and saw pics of garbage houses they always, always had a million cats, dogs, goats and bunnies, etc running around. I mean why is that? If you can't even take care of your kids then why have all those pets? Trust me, I've seen some pretty scary garbage houses.

Pregnant women shouldn't handle cat litter, I remember that one. Having a cat as a pet doesn't mean you'll get toxoplasmosis as a result. Take care of your pet responsibly.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
A big thanks to the OP: this thread, while overblown in my opinion, did lead me to clean my cat's litter box. He thanks you too.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
How many people have been afflicted by this? I've lived with cats for 40 years, sometimes as many as four at a time, siamese, who are not quiet. I just don't think this is something worth worrying about. I've had a couple of people not come over because of their cat phobias, and that's okay with me. I;d just as soon they sat away.

I will tell my dog, though. He (cough) sometimes likes desert from the litter box. Disgusting, i know, but not at all unusual.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

It seems healthy people may actually have it and not show any symptoms. It is pregnant women, children, and those with poor immune systems who would be most affected.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Onet Wosix

thanks, good article to read..i have heard that pregnant women who handle cat poo can contract some
kind of disease.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
By the way.

Never trust anyone who doesn't like cats.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger
By the way.

Never trust anyone who doesn't like cats.

I agree with that, of course I am supremely --biased-- , as I am a cat parent.

Many of historys famous tyrants and dictators hated cats.

A a bit of historic trivia:
Famous cat lovers: –
Leonardo Da Vinci, Isaac Newton, Lord Byron, Tagore, Charles Dickens, T.S Eliot, Mark Twain, Edgar Allen Poe, Hemingway and many more of the creative types.

Notorious feline haters:
Alexander the Great, Julius Caesar, Ghenghis Khan, Napoleon, Benito Mussolini and no surprise, Adolf Hitler

Before I located this info online, I had put Charles Dickens and Mark Twain as the first of people I admire who inspire me in my socialnetwork site. They were very empathic, the opposite of psychopathic and sociopathic.
During my search, I discovered that right wing power mad wing nut narcissist Sarah Palin dislikes cats. No surprise there. Duhhhhhhh.
edit on 3-3-2011 by simone50m because: ad text.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
By-the-way, for you animal lovers in general, including you who love dogs but hate cats; Sarah Palin appears in this video to be an animal hater in general. You want another empathy-void tyranny-type yet again in the white House? Yet again? Really?
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by NANAinINDIANA

Thanks for your reply, and I appreciate your thoughts. I expected to be flamed for my comments.

My niece has five cats, and she is not a crazy old lady, although I sometimes suspect she is a crazy *young* lady. But she has had cat scratch fever in the past, and it made her very ill. It was tough getting over that for her, it took a couple of months.

But that's the nature of having pets. They put up with our imperfections, and we do the same.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
quite a few local cats do use our yard for god knows what

Hahaha that just sounded hilarious. I imagine kitties doing all sorts of rituals and other nefarious deeds on your yard. Scary stuff LOL!

Pazcat's yard is the bohemian grove for kittys!
edit on 3-3-2011 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

The Illumicatti in the BoLawnGrove! Sacrificing the mouse effigy! someone call Alex Jones!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
By-the-way, for you animal lovers in general, including you who love dogs but hate cats; Sarah Palin appears in this video to be an animal hater in general. You want another empathy-void tyranny-type yet again in the white House? Yet again? Really?
www.youtube.com...

Being a guy, I'd "do" her but I wouldn't vote for her.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
luckily i have to handle my 2 cats poo and not my pregnant fiance lol more poo for me

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Just wash your hands after you clean your cat's litter box? I think that would probably go a long way towards protecting you from this protozoan. Looks like it could go airborne though, so don't snort crushed litter box dust I guess.

I think this is outweighed by the very cool ability for purrs to heal though!

Cats purr during both inhalation and exhalation with a consistent pattern and frequency between 25 and 150 Hertz. Various investigators have shown that sound frequencies in this range can improve bone density and promote healing. This association between the frequencies of cats' purrs and improved healing of bones and muscles may provide help for some humans.

Scientific American

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I'm suprised some people are able to venture out of their homes at all. How do these people cope with crossing the road? After all you could die by getting run over by a car or a bus. 'sigh'

Come on!! Toxoplasmosis has been known for years!

I've had cats all my life and know many, many people who have too.

Cats are great little critters.

However, you don't own a cat, they kind of own you. (Cat people will know what i mean by that)

Are you going to mention dog feceas too? That can also make you pretty sick. Search Fecal Coliform Bacteria.

I have a dog also, I'm screwed.
edit on 23-3-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by JonoEnglish

Haha. Dude, how is the CDC not quarantining your house right now? Hahaha.

But seriously, I think infection by E.coli is more likely than contracting toxoplasmosis, considering how E.coli is right in our intestines. I'm not talking about the mutated strains either. You get an ulcer, or something makes it possible for the intestine's contents to travel into the abdomen, and boom, serious pain. I think it's called peritonitis? Or something like that.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Noscible

Originally posted by JonoEnglish

Haha. Dude, how is the CDC not quarantining your house right now? Hahaha.

They should be according to some people I guess.

I was going to link some facts onto this thread about what nasties there are on things like public door handles, stair rails, elevator buttons, shopping trolley handles etc. However I don't like to spread irrational fear like some.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Onet Wosix
Your cat can send you insane.

I have four cats... This explains everything. Except that I'm not crazy. When the trees talk to me I don't talk back.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
As a Vet Tech I must say your post is a bit much. To say:a warning is good for people who do not know about it but it's a bit overreacting. It seems universally known to most that if you're a pregnant woman, do not change the cat litter or clean the feces, or have an alternate area for the cat to dedicate, just don't change it yourself! If the cat's area is kept cleanly, maybe even use of a mat for them to wipe their paws when done, you don't have much to worry about. Also, keep the cats nails short thus to "help" prevent "cat scratch fever".

Tampons have Toxoplasmosis warnings.
So according to the op's warning; if you are male do not handle your wife/gf's tampon box(ie giving it to her, buying tampons for her) because the box of tampon's can help Toxoplasmosis build up, just as it's noted that all cats are harmful and should be brought to the Vet immediately.

edit on 24-3-2011 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join