It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your cat can send you insane. Toxoplasmosis. I will never let a cat near me .

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
So would this account for all the Crazy Cat Lady's that you find in every town. You know the type an older woman living on her own with 30 plus cats all defecating around her pit of a house everyone thinks shes crazy taking in strays from the street and never cleaning her house which will typically be a feces covered sh@@ hole.

edit on 2-3-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Thanks for the information it shows how our simple habits can effect our lives in such an impacting way. If you put this one along with another ten unusual habits and make a cocktail, what will you end up with?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Seems like humans chances of getting toxoplasmosis from domestic cats are slim. Basically, as long as you keep a sanitary home and live a normal sanitary life like, washing your hands after messing with unsanitary things and such you will be fine.. Hopefully.

This toxoplasmosis can also be airborne, so it's not just about consumption but breathing it as well.

An Informative Read on Toxoplasmosis

edit on 2-3-2011 by Mizzijr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Toxoplasmosis is the illness that guy in the film Trainspotting died from, because of not clearing up cat mess. Mind you he did have a.i.d.s, so he wasnt really in thre best of health.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Onet Wosix

B S topic!
as usual !
this forum is all about BS !
nothing to be trusted!
I love my cats , BUT I DON'T EAT THIER POOO FOR F.. SAKE!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Onet Wosix

Yeah, I covered this a while back - glad to see the subject rise again.

Cat Parasites COMPEL you!

It's especially important for pregnant woman to avoid the cat-box at all costs!

peace

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by leaualorin

BUT I DON'T EAT THIER POOO FOR F.. SAKE!

You don't have to - for pregnant women especially - just coming into contact with their feces while cleaning the cat box can be fatal.

The cat’s feces could cause toxoplasmosis.

A pregnant woman might not show any symptoms of toxoplasmosis, but it is very well possible that the fetus becomes infected with the parasite too.

This could result in miscarriage, early delivery, poor growth or stillbirth
source

peace

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
another piece of the puzzle falls into place...crazy cat lady wasnt always crazy....
edit on 2-3-2011 by gmac10001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I'm already crazy so my cat stays....

seriously though this is just common sense for any and all animals that you have in your home. Cleanliness and common sense people! If someone is a cat owner (or any other animal owner) and doesn't have the sense to care for them properly, and a clean environment is essential for proper care, then if they get sick from thier animals dropping and what not it's their own damn fault!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Ok,nice bit of scaremongering,as your own source states,don't handle or ingest feline faeces and toxoplasmosis will not be a problem.I personally have been around cats all my life and currently have 3 without any problem,actually toxoplasmosis may become an issue if HUMANS do not care for their cats properly ie not cleaning litter trays regularly,not cleaning up any episodes of cat diahrea immediately(rubber gloves and very weak disinfectant) and I sincerely hope that everyone treats this ignorant rant as the misinformed nonsense that it is.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

Airborne...well crud, I probably already have it.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
When your cat uses the litter box it buries it's poo and your cats feet touch the poo. With this in mind when your cat jumps on the counter. Ask yourself, where was your cats feet been? hmmm, touching and covering up it's poo. Now think where all the places your cat went today or licked today. Oh my god, the germ is everywhere. Now you know why FRED FLINSTONE always throws out the cat. I am not saying to throw out your cat, i have a cat myself and he knows where he is not to go. Think about it, with this in mind. Your cat has been all over the house, tracking this germ and licking you maybe. Maybe your friends or someone has a cat, that cat too has been all over the house and so has everyone else's cat. If this germ is in all poo, then, No wonder i'm INSANE.
GOD, help us all.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I know exactly how you feel! I have two cats that are not allowed outside, but everyone else in my town lets their cats run free. I feed birds year round and am always so distressed when I find them dead in my yard. It would be different if the cats were feral and had nothing else to eat, but they do eat at home and just torture the birds until they die-then leave them.
We have a couple of hawks fly in once or twice a week to grab a mourning dove for a meal, but that is different to me because that is the way the food chain works. Domestic cats don't need the meal and should be kept corraled on their ownner's property.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Good to hear you got to the doctor in time! Glad you didn't lose your eye. Do you still have to have it checked out on a regular basis or is it no longer a problem for you?
Take care, Nana

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by NANAinINDIANA

Well, your feeding the birds is interfering with the food chain too, and is likely to increase the bird population to levels that the surrounding environment alone could not sustain.

Predation can make for a healthier flock. When my cat is outside, the Mockingbirds and Jays just toy with him. They arent afraid of him at all, nor is there a snowballs chance in hell my cat will catch one.

Stupid birds, sick birds, injured birds, these birds are in real danger. But thats what predators do, they pick off the old, injured, sick, weak, and stupid. It helps contain the spread of disease which is another thing bird feeding facilitates, as it is unnatural for masses of birds to flock together for a meal.

In other words, I sure wouldnt tell you to stop feeding the birds, but dont be too judgmental about what the neighbor kitties are up to. It all serves natures end.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by NANAinINDIANA

Cats should not be kept indoors. That's just wrong. But yes, cats are responsible for a big kill off of our wildlife. They are natural killers. And so many people can't control their cats so they walk all over the kitchen work surfaces etc.
One of my neighbours has 4 cats. When they come stalking birds or digging toilets in my garden, I set the dog on them. And if I could get a kick up one of their furry behinds, I would. I don't see why I should put up with other peoples pets fouling my land or making it into a kill zone. Cat owners throw up their hands and say that cats are meant to be a wild creature and there's nothing they can do about it. The answer mate is, don't get a b* cat!
Cats are just a resource for the lazy pet owner and the rest of us have to suffer. Frankly they are becoming a vermin in our society (the cats too). Time for a cull.
edit on 2-3-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I see your point! I never thought of it that way. But I would still be happier if the cats would at least take the dead ones away so I don't have to do it! I really love watching the birds at the feeders, especially in the winter as it adds some color to the dreary landscape, but I don't want to be interfering with the food chain, either! Now I don't know what to do!?!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
IT IS PEOPLE WHO: hoard animals.
IT IS PEOPLE WHO: become severely uncleanly.
IT IS PEOPLE WHO: force 130 cats to live in their own waste.
IT IS PEOPLE WHO: allow cats to roam and kill songbirds.
IT IS PEOPLE WHO: are full of hatred and superstitions. Animals are innocent.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
If I were The-Supreme-Ruler-In-Chief with Absolute Power, I'd make it a FELONY for people to get a cat and let it roam around outside.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ancientthunder
Thanks for the information it shows how our simple habits can effect our lives in such an impacting way. If you put this one along with another ten unusual habits and make a cocktail, what will you end up with?
A lot of it happens when we're little kids. We get our hands on everything and then our suck our fingers and even sometimes suck on the objects we're holding. That's how a lot of things spread, like bacteria, and then infect us inside and years later we get something that's not well understood because there's so much unknown as yet. This is supposedly how the bacteria spreads that causes ulcers and stomach cancer. When we're children!

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join