It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
- Sineocracy is a form of political self-rule that attempts to make the public solely responsible for itself and its actions
- Certain governmental functions (such as the Cabinet) are indispensable, and structures analogous to them are present, but they are run entirely by the free, unaffiliated public
- Each region is duly represented within those structures
- A group of citizens called the Circle oversees the monetary affairs of the public
- The public, as a whole, is responsible for just punishment of crimes
- The punishment for major crimes is severe in an effort to quell such acts
- A group of citizens called the Ædile holds the responsibilities typically allotted to a governmental Cabinet
- The same citizens that form the Ædile also comprise the Ecclesia, which filters proposed legislation (which, if approved initially, is ultimately voted on by the general public)
- All currency is virtual (computer-based), and there is a maximum amount of money that a person is allowed to possess
- There is also a maximum amount of money that a company is allowed to possess, and that amount is based on thecompany's multinational scope
- Each individual with a monetary account is given a handheld device called an ælius with which to access that account, and the use of each device is meticulously safeguarded
- The nation is defended by a regulated public-run military
- All forms of post-secondary education are either free or almost-free services, and are highly encouraged
- The collective of nearly all monetary accounts is the CORE, which is protected through numerous exhaustive security measures; the Defense Account is located in a separate facility called the Vault