It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Can NASA Be Taken Seriously, When You Can Access This From Their Website ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Hi Everybody this is my first thread I have ever posted, so please be patient with me, I have only been a member a short time, not sure if this is posted in the right section, I hope so

I thought that I was destined to sit on the sidelines of ATS, commenting on threads created by other members, how wrong I was, I came across the following after having decided to search for info on Comet Elenin, so naturally I gravitated towards the NASA website, and typed into their search box "Comet Elenin." To my surprise instead being directed to some sort of fact file page concerning the afforementioned search, I was greeted with a list of links.....

search.nasa.gov...

So, I clicked the first link, and it brought up this....

buzzroom.nasa.gov...

Are we to assume that NASA Buzz, and NASA are on and the same thing ?

If so, why would they allow a video like this to appear on their pages?

I apologise if anyone has already found these before and put them up on another thread, but I just felt it would be interesting to debate the reason "Why ?" NASA would be happy to have this kind of information linked to them, or is this a case of sloppy housekeeping ???

Really interested to hear your thoughts

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

how can a reasonable MAN believe N-ever A S-traight A-nswer ?!
impossible...
they know a lot , they lied since day 1 , they are a military agency ...
And that's it...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
How about a nice little summary for those of us at work and unable to view those ever so dangerous streaming videos? I am curious to know what it is that is not to be taken seriously, other than the obivous NASA bologna...What is it that may be the result of some missed house keeping?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Its a video showing the path of the comet over the year, whats wrong with that? I dont get what are trying to say...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
double post
edit on 1-3-2011 by roughycannon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by leaualorin

I never said I believe in them, just figured for how they portray themselves, how would they leave themselves open to having vids like this on their site, For me, NASA is good for info but I take it with an ocean sized pinch of salt .

I appreciate what your saying though

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
E xtinction
L evel
E vent
N ibiru
I s
N ear

NASA TV = SATAN V
edit on 1-3-2011 by Signals because: classified

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BREWSE

Sorry, forgot some people would be working (can't believe I missed this piece of info out of my thread lol)

The video is about Comet Elenin coming, and basically saying it is on a collision course with Earth, or certainly that is how I interpreted it, Obviously I would question its validity in how it made its simulation, and in fact how they arrived at the conclusion given that the simulation doesn't really show too much, its basically a scaremongering you tube vid on NASA buzz

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

The disterbing message here is that there is no certianty that the comet will miss earth as stated at the end of the video.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

What I was trying to say is its on NASA buzz, you would think they would be the first in the qeue to remove it from being associated with their site, as what I saw when I watched it was a vid that looked like scaremongering, obviously I could be wrong, and your interpretation is different to mine, I just remember when I watched it I was surprised to see it there, youtube yeah expect it there, I just thought it looked a little out of place, and just wondered if any of you guys knew much about how Buzz works

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockstrongo37

Thanks, I thought I did see something scaremongering on it

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Thanks! I did go ahead and follow one of the links below the video and thought it was pretty funny the author mentions ATS and how unreliable this website is, yet declares wikipedia as a reliable source!

astrobiology.nasa.gov...

"Unfortunately there are a few popular websites that are known for suggesting multiple catastrophes, including popularizing the 2012 hoax. Two that show up in any search for “Comet Elenin” are godlikeproductions and abovetopsecret, both of which predict either a very close pass by Earth or a collision. If instead you consult dependable websites like wikipedia and skyandtelescope you will find that Comet Elenin will come nowhere near the Earth."

I know that when I was still in college we were never permitted to use Wikipedia as a source, as most are aware, anyone can submit anything to wikipedia! How is that any more reliable than ATS?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Comet Elenin isn't hitting us, right

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by BREWSE

Asolutely couldn't agree more, and yeah I remember the thread about the NASA guy claiming ATS to be unreliable, and Wiki to be where to get your info from, and yet like you said they have on their website this vid show up, crazy that something so inaccurate, and potentially flammable has been allowed to remain on their search engine, especially as I thought that by now they would have made their own page dedicated to Elenin, and you wuld be immeadiately directed there, maybe they have, I just haven't seen it lol

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Skate

As far as I'm aware no its not hitting us, but just goes to show you, that even NASA can link you to mis info

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
BUZZROOM That's not for Buzz Aldrin isnt it? It's a re-post video from a YT video. Well it's a buzz room

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveTheTrees

Yeah it does look to be a kind of "public volunteer your info " kind of place, but I'm sure that like ATS can remove threads that break T and C, I'm pretty sure whoever oversees that part of their site, can filter out anything which could be potentialy volatile, and "grubby " the NASA lable

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I was thinking the same thing. It's supposed to be a place for more open discussion. Funny, though, because most of the discussion I see below that video includes comments about how NASA isn't the best place for openness and honesty. lol

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
OP, looks like you're not alone. I enjoyed this most recent comment:

Wow!!!! A dot gov nasa site that is finally "somewhat " warning us that comet Elenin may pass to close for comfort!!! I'm shocked to say the least!!!!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Cool find, S&F for you and welcome to ATS.

My opinion on that person's claims that Wikipedia is reliable and "the 2012 hoax" (in his words) are this:

We've just entered March 2011. How the hell can ANYONE be sure that 2012 is a hoax so far away? Personally the only time I'd be saying "2012 is a hoax for sure" is mid January 2013 when the previous year has long gone with a little spare change just in case.

That's like the infamous line about the Titanic being "an unsinkable ship" in the months before it said hello to the bottom of the Atlantic.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join