It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook to share user phone numbers, home addresses with third parties

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
What are the laws dealing with Facebook sharing info with 3rd parties without permission? I'm thinking of suing them so I can get a couple of millions of dollar out of them and retire with ease.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Best advice... stay away from Facebook.

You know what else is a face book? A book of mug shots.

Facebook needs to go!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Why would you put your real info into there anyway. You get what you deserve

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by lewman

it was that you could only deactivate but i went on last week to do so and it now has an actual delete option. Cnt remember how to do it but im sure if you search it in the help centre you will find it

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Sorry to say this ATS, but something is going on, on this website too. I was on Overstock.com and was going to purchase a chair and left it in the shopping cart and came to ATS. And to my disbelief an ad was in a forum that displayed the exact chair I was going to buy, when viewing the website..hmmmmm

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by lewman

yeah its pretty whack! you literaly cant permantly delete it it just gets "deactivaded" litterlay just go back and log in and evrything is still right ther.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by greenfox83

3rd party cookies...

That is what is going on. It will happen all over the 'net if you have them activated in your browser settings and do not clear your history/cache when you exit a site.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jplaysguitar

Yes, you can delete a FB account. It's just a little harder to find that option (of course, FB doesn't want you to do that)...

how to permanently delete FB

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I will keep on proudly posting my face on Facebook. I have deleted all my personal information a long time ago, but I won't delete my account. Why? Facebook is MY favorite tool at waking up the masses. This is where I publish controversial articles, like the ones posted in Breaking Alternative News. People don't come on ATS, but they do visit my Facebook page, so why not using it the very same way the government uses it to dumb us? I guess the number of people constantly reading my wall must be above 500...I get a lot of commentaries, so my "shares" always get to appear in the "Recent News" page of my friends (and friends of friends of friends). This is now exponential! With so much people looking at my articles, and commenting them, they, without knowing it, are participating in the waking up of the mass.

So, yes! I will proudly keep my face on Facebook, because I am so happy to actively doing something for humanity. The day I get shot down because I was being associated to something revolutionary by TPTB, my mission will be accomplished and I will die in peace. I will have awaken enough people to get "noticed" by the PTB. I hope that day comes, I want to do my share for the world.

Facebook could be a success, as well as a big big mistake for the PTB is enough people do like I do!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

3rd party cookies...

That is what is going on. It will happen all over the 'net if you have them activated in your browser settings and do not clear your history/cache when you exit a site.

Thanks for the clarification. Never saw that before.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Lol... well hey, gotta do what you can, even if it isn't going to be enough, in the end...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Who in the world is stupid enough to give FB or any other site their address and phone number.

How many times do I have to tell you Johnny to never give out your address and phone number - you were suppose to learn this in 1st grade

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Who in the world is stupid enough to give FB or any other site their address and phone number.

How many times do I have to tell you Johnny to never give out your address and phone number - you were suppose to learn this in 1st grade

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

I feel kind of the same. Through facebook I have made connections with free thinkers and even helped to awaken some old school chums to the way things really are and I dont regret it. My information can be mined in so many different ways and honestly....you dont need a single computer. People were being stalked long before the digital age and should decide that they want to come for me....well....IIWII....and part of me wants to have to defend whats mine. I have some issues to work out and what a fine way! I could be attacked by a rouge cop, angry pedestrian, man in black, crackhead with a bat or low flying pigeon, but Im not gonna live in fear or jump at shadows. My credit is already #....take it, lol. I didnt volunteer my number but rarely answer the phone for people I know so Im not worried.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Haha very nice hypothetical scenario.So then they will have to send a robot back in time to the party where i slept with the hot chic and try to assassinate me because I am the commander of the resistance..sounds like something Ive heard before..

Yea they are using the facial recognition software, I was aware of that, but its only limited to facebook. Its not like that information is going to some government database.

Plus I could get other peoples facebook information by going to a local starbucks in center city (the biggest most busiest one) and set my computer up and do an ARP poisoning and hijak the router and intercept all data from peoples laptops and use someone else's account if I got blamed for something I did not do.
edit on 1-3-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

How would they know your personal information from this site unless they hacked ATS servers, and retrieved the IP address. Even if they hacked they couldnt get the IP address logs because they are protected by a key that only Springer knows..or whoever runs the thing...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I disliked Facebook from the start. I never signed up. (I have a lame, old, unused MySpace page with very little info, and found it rather pointless.)

Now I am glad I did not!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by lewman
coincedental thing is i deleted my facebook account earlier(i never had my address or phonenumber and had an old email address on there) and it said please sign in with your log in details to re-open your account.
wtf, you cant even delete it. is there not a law against this.

Deactivate your account and do not sign in for 3weeks. Thats how i deleted mine properly.
I wish facebook fad would stop.

Why cant 'anon' break this lol

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I was pretty shocked to see that when I clicked on the link that showed the city I live in, that a map came up showing exactly where I lived on my street. I never gave them my exact address and I have moved quite often. Just goes to show. I quickly deleted that info from my profile. I also deactivated my profile to be allowed updated via SMS because my phone number was on display for all to see.

It is amazing how some people just do not care. I told my friends and one of them said "I have nothing to worry about. I don't care." But one friend was very glad I told her. She has been very vigilant then entire 17 years I've known her to keep herself and her information hard to obtain from her abusive father. Her, her sisters and mom fled from him years ago because he was a very violent man. He has tried to kill her mother and attempted to strangle her to death once when she was a kid. And in public non the less!!!! So you can understand why she wants to keep her whereabouts on the downlow.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join