It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was gone, I tried to quit, now I'm back: HERE IS WHY!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I decided that ATS was not good for my mental health a few months ago, and between the extreme amount of work and medications my doctor has me on, I didn't miss it........

The fact was, that I did miss ATS, I missed all of the good (and crazy) conversations, and I have made a decision to come back on, and continue to be a part of the ATS community. I wasn't completely detatched from ATS, I was still getting the tweets. (Which by the way does not do justice to ATS at all)

I'm sure I wasn't missed at all, mostly because of my synical outlook on everything and extreme sarcasm.

A few months ago, as I was working 80+ hrs a week and extremely stressed out, I talked to my doctor about the stress I was having and my concern about all of the negative current events happening in the world . My doctor listened to my concerns, tried to dismiss my views on what is actually going on in the world and then commenced to tell me that I was suffering from depression. He perscribed me an anti-depressant and a drug for social anxiety disorder.

I did not in any way think I was "depressed", I was more pissed off at the current situation that the world is in and want other people to start to "see the big picture"

The pills did make a huge difference on how I saw the world. I stopped caring!! I stopped watching the news, I stopped ATS, I stayed away from general political and current event conversation.

I do like the medications I am on because they help me with social anxiety, which I do have. I hate them because they make me a "zombie", I don't want to be oblivious to what is going on in the world, I don't want to be one of the "sheeple" of America.

I AM BACK!!! I am back, because of the craziness happening in the Middle East. I can't stay away any longer. I can't believe that the situation in the M.E. is being overlooked by so many of the people in America. With the situation in the M.E. and the protests in Wisconsin, the world is turning, people are starting to go against the flow. In the U.S. the protests are peacful, but if this continues to happen across the U.S. the protests will eventually turn violent. It may not be tomorrow, next month, or next year, but it will eventually happen.

Thanks for having me back

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
All things in moderation.....

It is good to see you back.

I think we all go through a phase where we feel similar despair, or malaise over the things we learn....

I blame TV... it babysat me many many hours, it taught me to expect that life has commercials, the good guys always win, ugly people are evil, good people are always beautiful, no problem lasts more than 1/2 to 1 hour, our leaders are all 'heroes' and 'patriots,' stupid people deserve what they get and it's OK to laugh at their misfortune, what's important is how you look, whether you fit in, and how many people admire or envy you, etc. etc.

But whom I blame is certainly no indication of reality....

I just share it because it seems our greatest struggles in life stem from expectations we didn't develop ourselves... they were cultivated in us by others.

The Middle east is a train wreck. All sorts of story crafting is going on right now..... it's a study in "new-speak"... but let me not derail your triumphant return!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

I'm sure I wasn't missed at all, mostly because of my synical outlook on everything and extreme sarcasm.

I never thought that at all about you. You're even in the top third of my friend list

It seems there has been a few of the posters taking breaks over the winter.

Be careful of those antidepressants. If you feel like you want to stop, wean yourself off of them very very slowly, and let the doc know.. There are side effects to quitting them too suddenly.

Welcome back.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

Be careful of those antidepressants. If you feel like you want to stop, wean yourself off of them very very slowly, and let the doc know.. There are side effects to quitting them too suddenly.

TESTIFY!

This is a truth that all must heed!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Welcome back!
Every time you think your out..we pull you back in.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Yeah, I have been following every warning and watching for any signs of side effects. I completely stopped drinking because of the pills I am on and am being super careful. I am planning to get off of these very soon I just need to speak to my doctor so he can perscribe the smaller dosage pills to ween off. Thanks for everything.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Welcome back!

I was right there with ya. After ranting and raving over the BP spill all last summer I too decided to take a break from ATS, and just really returned myself about a week ago.

It was honestly easier to quit smoking than quit ATS.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

After all the BP Oil spill talk, the N. Korea/ S. Korea situation and the war with Iran talk. I really needed to take a break. Im glad to be back and will continue to participate in the insanity that is ATS.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Welcome back to the jungle, we've got fun and games
We got everything you want honey, we know the names
We are the people that can find whatever you may need...

(Guns N Roses)

Seriously. Welcome back. Its always good to have another point of view in the mix.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

First of all, welcome back. Always good to have another opinion and view on the board.

Now I'd like to ask you why you were working frigging 80 hours a week?! YOU ARE NOT A MACHINE, GOD DAMNIT.

You can't imagine how much I hate this materialistic world.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
lol you know ATS is addicting at times. Welcome back.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Kemal

Well, here in the Midwest, during harvest season the work pretty much goes non-stop to get the crops out of the field. I work construction on grain elevators and ethanol plants so getting their expansions finished up before harvest requires many hours of overtime. Unfortunately "harvest" doesn't allways start on the same day due to weather etc.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Welcome back SUICIDEHK45, I wondered where you went. I figured you must have taken a mental health time out or something like that. I'm glad to see you're back.

Some folks think that ATS is too stressful but, IMO it is just the opposite. Here at ATS, you get to vent your frustrations with the condition on the world today with a group of people who don't all think you're nuts for thinking that way. ATS is like group therapy for paranoid conspiracy freaks like you and me. I know I'm a lot more calm and less stressed than I used to be before I found ATS. Its nice to have people to talk to who share your piont of view.

new topics

top topics

join