It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have to go to church to be a Christian?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Thanks for correcting me

I should have said that Jesus did most of his teaching at places other than synagogues.

No worries, it's not about "correct" points.
Also, just read this today. When Jesus was standing trial before the high priest He said that He spoke at synagoges and the temple quite often and to ask anyone who heard Him teach what He said. See: John 18:20-21

"Jesus answered him, I spake openly to the world; I ever taught in the synagogue, and in the temple, whither the Jews always resort; and in secret have I said nothing. Why askest thou me? ask them which heard me, what I have said unto them: behold, they know what I said." KJB

"Jesus replied, “Everyone knows what I teach. I have preached regularly in the synagogues and the Temple, where the people gather. I have not spoken in secret. Why are you asking me this question? Ask those who heard me. They know what I said.” NLT

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchIlluminatus
Do you have to go to a church to be a true Christian. I've heard a pastor say before that people that don't go to church aren't really Christians.

No. A careful examination of the people and stories in the Bible proves Mr. Pastor was wrong in this case. Mr. Pastor may have good intentions but it's entirely up to you to seek out Jesus. You seek him with every fiber in your being. With all your heart, with all your mind, with all your soul and with all your strength. In three different places in the Bible it states that 'his reward is with him and his recompense accompanies him.' Jesus' promises are like cashing a check backed by the biggest and best gold reserves known to man. In this case you will reap what you sow. Remember when you were in school and had to study for an exam? If you hardly studied you either failed or got a low grade, or if you crammed really hard, you could ace it. It's really no different here. Jesus expalined it 2000 years ago, with a parable that the people of that age could relate to called 'The Parable of the Sower' (Mark 4). Dependant on the type of soil used to plant seed, determines the amount of crop your harvest would yield. You have the potential of receiving a reward of 30x, 60x or even 100x!

God's Holy Spirit is often likened to water. God's gift to you is 'living water'. Your body is the vessel that receives this gift. King David said 'you anoint my head with oil, my cup overflows'. Strive to get the 100 fold return from Jesus, so your cup overflows.

God knows all. He knows your heart. He knows how difficult it is in this day an age to work, run a household, all the stresses and worries that come along with just living our day to day lives. Every last one of us are bound to have some really difficult times in our lifetime. It's in difficult times, that most reach out to Him, whether it's because of an affair/cheating, a hurtful divorce, the death of a parent, grandparent, sibbling, spouse or even your child. When you are ready and you reach, He will be there. To bridge the gap between you and Him, He sent His Son to fix brokenhearts and comfort those who mourn. And if you were the only person in the entire world, He still would have sent His Son to die for you, to bridge that gap from earth to heaven.

That's how important you are to Him.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join