It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rock of Ages (Movie) out in 2012, Tom Cruise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Recently, I saw the traveling stage show of this, and it was phenomenal. Seems they are making it into a movie (musical of course), with Adam Shankman (Hairspray) producing.

So far, Tom Cruise is slated to play Stacee Jaxx (think Bret Michaels like role), and Alec Baldwin is to play Dennis (the ex-hippie club owner, where most of the story takes place). Rumored others are Gwenneth Paltrow, Anne Hathaway (my guess is the activist gal), and Taylor Swift (as Sherrie). No hints about who would play the lead...though the stage show's Constantine (from American Idol) would do a good job at it.

Basically, it's an 80's period show, where a rocker is trying to make it, falls for an aspiring actress, while a German developer is trying to revamp the city. There is a lot of 80's icon music, and (in the stage show) lots of skimpy outfits, and a lot of humor.

If you get a chance, go see the show if it's near you, it's really good. (and usually, this is more my wife's thing, but I really enjoyed the show).

new topics

join