It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cold Fusion About To Go Commercial

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Here's the link a friend sent to me, after I had told him over the years that cold fusion was NOT dead:

www.technewsworld.com...

It seems it is getting a new name, rather like the new name, "climate change" that has been slapped over the untenable "global warming."

So what do you think will happen? I predicted to my friend that the two developers will end up dead and/or their factory burned down. Back in the day, the PTB merely made sure the results were made suspect, and so it died for some years. Now, there is way too much money at stake, and with commercial units promised in a short time, the gloves will have to come off. If you have the money, buy a unit while you can.

Laz

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
TPTB and the oil companies will never let any free energy device onto the market!

Countless times starting back with Tesla people have been finding ways to create free energy!

So why are will still using gas and oil, combustion plants to power all our technology?

Money, the fat cats would lose out on too much profit!

S&F
edit on 1-3-2011 by RandalFlagg because: spelling mistake

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
again we see news about amazing technology which are going to "change the world" and this will be the last time we hear them. And i don't believe there is some kind of higher power suppressing these inventions but they are just BS.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
These guys will get an offer they can't refuse if they take this too far. Let us hope their moral fortitude is unusually high for the times we are living in.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Well our energy resource is going to have to change sometime. But at what cost? I hate to be a pessimist, but these oil companies are true evil and they will do anything they can to keep putting fat stacks in their pockets.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Its not the oil companies or TPTB, it is the laws of physics that prevent these devices from functioning.

If such free energy devices could be built they would exist already and there would be no way TPTB could prevent the knowledge about it to be spread across the world. So far no working device has ever been built.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

they should GIVE IT AWAY to as many people as possible AND QUIETLY , after wich all those people START PRODUCING A LOT OF THESE!
Soon the criminals that RULE US will not be able to do anything if EVERYBODY HAS ONE!

GOVERNMENT CAN'T STEP DOWN ON SOMEONES PROPERTY!
I think...

" A handful of intrepid scientists are reigniting interest in work that was dismissed as junk science more than 20 years ago, claiming to have found a way to create more energy from less. The most recent excitement was generated by Italians Sergio Focardi and Andrea Rossi, who demonstrated a device that turned 400 watts of heat power into 12,400 watts. If their results are reproducible, the implications could be monumental. "
YES, MONUMENTAL INDEED:
HUMANITY FREE FROM THEIR CHAINS , FREE TO DO ANYTHING!
THAT WILL BE THE DAY!

edit on 1-3-2011 by leaualorin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by prof7

You overestimate the Laws of Physics, and underestimate the PTB. I think our understanding of both is badly skewed.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by leaualorin

they should GIVE IT AWAY to as many people as possible AND QUIETLY , after wich all those people START PRODUCING A LOT OF THESE!
Soon the criminals that RULE US will not be able to do anything if EVERYBODY HAS ONE!

GOVERNMENT CAN'T STEP DOWN ON SOMEONES PROPERTY!
I think...

" A handful of intrepid scientists are reigniting interest in work that was dismissed as junk science more than 20 years ago, claiming to have found a way to create more energy from less. The most recent excitement was generated by Italians Sergio Focardi and Andrea Rossi, who demonstrated a device that turned 400 watts of heat power into 12,400 watts. If their results are reproducible, the implications could be monumental. "
YES, MONUMENTAL INDEED:
HUMANITY FREE FROM THEIR CHAINS , FREE TO DO ANYTHING!
THAT WILL BE THE DAY!

edit on 1-3-2011 by leaualorin because: (no reason given)

That will by the day, ay, ay that I die!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I hate to be a pessimist, but these oil companies are true evil and they will do anything they can to keep putting fat stacks in their pockets.

Exxon Mobile has increased their dividend for 28 consecutive years. You too could have put a share of those ‘stacks’ in your own pocket, but chose not to buy Exxon stock.

Why is it that not one of the last centuries greatest physicists has mentioned the possibility of over unity devices being built? Wouldn’t you think that Einstein, Oppenheimer or Fermi would have thought along those lines if it were possible? But here comes a couple of unknowns from Italy.

I predict it will be shown their device doesn’t produce more than it uses. They will slink back into their labs in embarrassment never to be heard from again.
Others will believe that big oil has bought up the rights to the device and shelve it.

Think of it from Exxon’s point of view for a minute, assuming it works. They could buy the rights for a few billion and then start production of full scale power plants. No pollution, no radiation, just profit. What community would complain about a power plant like that? I for one spend far more on electricity than I do gasoline. In fact they would still be in the oil business because that is what our cars run on.
They could produce the next generation of power plants for our Navy’s subs and carriers. Container ships would love to have such a device powering their vessels.

Now explain again why they would suppress cold fusion?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by samkent

Now explain again why they would suppress cold fusion?

Because people wouldn't accept only the industrial/military uses you have listed. It would only be a matter of time before a techie or maintenace person built a small scale home version using $100 worth of hardware store components.

Remember, the computer you are sitting in front of used to be the size of an office building.

Once the technology becomes smaller then it can be used in both your home and car. At that point oil becomes a lubricant again and there isn't a trillion dollar market for lubricants.

ETA...

Why is it that not one of the last centuries greatest physicists has mentioned the possibility of over unity devices being built? Wouldn’t you think that Einstein, Oppenheimer or Fermi would have thought along those lines if it were possible? But here comes a couple of unknowns from Italy.

Don't bite the hand that feeds?

Perhaps they did, but based on the materials and manufacturing techniques of the day it wasn't possible to build a workable version. Leonardo (or one of his students) designed the modern double-diamond bicycle in the 16th century but it wasn't until the 19-20th century that it could actually be built.

Remember also that Einstien (and another physicist) developed a refridgerator that used sound to cool instead of chemicals/Freon.

Why didn't/hasn't that been produced?

Could it be because it has no moving parts other than the doors and therefore will NEVER break down? Or could it be something larger, like the persistent rumours about the ancients and the things they might have accomplished using sound/vibration.

It's not just what a technology is today that has to be considered, but also what it can become or what may spin off it.

edit on 1-3-2011 by [davinci] because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I’m sorry but 20 years patent protection will build a lot of power plants with a steady income stream for the next 100 years. 20 years of ship power plants will make you the lead supplier for the Navy as well as the entire maritime fleet.

All of this income added to the existing oil revenue will make you the premiere energy company of the century.
Merely buying the design patent and sitting on it would get you 14 more years of oil sales. And you would still have the competition of all the other oil companies.

But building a power plant gets you a utility patent which gets you 20 years of NO competition.

The idea of buying and sitting on a patent for cold fusion is just plain silly.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by samkent

You cannot apply logic to greed on this scale

Once the blueprint becomes available big oil is out of business and after 20 years it becomes public domain. Assuming a company was able to keep the design secret, there would be millions of people waiting for the patent to expire.

I understand what you are saying, but these companies don't want 20 years of patent protected profits.

They want protected profits until the end of time.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
www.technewsworld.com...

It seems it is getting a new name, rather like the new name, "climate change" that has been slapped over the untenable "global warming."

So what do you think will happen?
Yes they now call it LENR instead of cold fusion.

Commercial reactors that would make energy for less than one US cent per kilowatt hour -- far cheaper than competing sources -- will ship in three months, Focardi and Rossi said.

My prediction is that it won't ship in 3 months and that it has more to do with lack of function, than with suppression. I usually expect I'm right, but this is one case where it would be nice to be wrong, I'd be happy if they ARE shipping reactors in 3 months. But I don't think it will happen.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandalFlagg
TPTB and the oil companies will never let any free energy device onto the market!

The Government seems to support costly investment and subsidy in questionable "renewable" energy in their frantic attempts to move to a "greener" energy base. Similarly, there are vast sums being spent on the sciences which push projects like the Joint European Torus as we seek the Holy Grail of potential limitless energy production – or at least in theory.

I suspect the Government would be more than happy to see oil be replaced. They would still tax the replacement, so no worries there.

I don’t think these stories about people inventing “free” energy systems hold much water. The reason that my car does not run on grass or pond water is not because Professor MakeItUpAsYouGoAlong is being silenced by the oil business / Government; it is because it the inventions are not worth the paper they are written on.

It is easy to make a video and publish it on YouTube saying that you have invented a perpetual motion machine, but it is somewhat more difficult having that same machine pass the scrutiny of review and critical assessment.

Regards

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandalFlagg

Countless times starting back with Tesla people have been finding ways to create free energy!

So why are will still using gas and oil, combustion plants to power all our technology?

Money, the fat cats would lose out on too much profit!

S&F
edit on 1-3-2011 by RandalFlagg because: spelling mistake

WOW the same old cliches never expected to see oil companies and TPTB mentioned on a thread like this your correct you wont see it becuase it wont work its that simple we will never get more energy out than was put in.

These claims have been made many times and it NEVER HAPPENS!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by prof7
Its not the oil companies or TPTB, it is the laws of physics that prevent these devices from functioning.

If such free energy devices could be built they would exist already and there would be no way TPTB could prevent the knowledge about it to be spread across the world. So far no working device has ever been built.

You are completely wrong on every count. Cold fuson exists - it is a consequence of the vacuum NOT being empty - ie the foundation of modern physics is completely wrong - but anyone who goes there becomes a pariah.

The scientific process and institutions are totally controlled - wake up.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon

Originally posted by prof7

You are completely wrong on every count. Cold fuson exists - it is a consequence of the vacuum NOT being empty - ie the foundation of modern physics is completely wrong - but anyone who goes there becomes a pariah.

The scientific process and institutions are totally controlled - wake up.

GET A LIFE everyone else is controlled not you what a laugh !

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

That would be nice, a "Mr. Fusion" in every home. Just imagine.

Good Post! S&F

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Too bad there is no stock to buy into

top topics

<<   2 >>

join