It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Financial terrorism suspected in 2008 economic crash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
“In order to save the planet, the group: Isn’t the only
hope for the planet that the industrialized civilizations collapse? Isn’t it our responsibility to bring this about? This group of world leaders forms a secret society to bring about an economic collapse.”

Maurice Strong -

Financial terrorism suspected in 2008 economic crash
Pentagon study sees element

Evidence outlined in a Pentagon contractor report suggests that financial subversion carried out by unknown parties, such as terrorists or hostile nations, contributed to the 2008 economic crash by covertly using vulnerabilities in the U.S. financial system.
www.washingtontimes.com...
The unclassified 2009 report “Economic Warfare: Risks and Responses” by financial analyst Kevin D. Freeman, a copy of which was obtained by The Washington Times, states that “a three-phased attack was planned and is in the process against the United States economy

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Got disinformation?

Need your daily fix – of tabloid half-truths, mainstream media garbage, Wall Street hypocrisy, lies from our trustworthy banking “elite,” or some fresh government propaganda?

EXTRA! … EXTRA! ... READ ALL ABOUT IT …“FINANCIAL TERRORISM SUSPECTED in 2008 ECONOMIC CRASH! "

F.T.G.

edit on 1-3-2011 by seasoul because: BOYCOTT BANKS

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by seasoul
Got disinformation?

Need your daily fix – of tabloid half-truths, mainstream media garbage, Wall Street hypocrisy, lies from our trustworthy banking “elite,” or some fresh government propaganda?

EXTRA! … EXTRA! ... READ ALL ABOUT IT …“FINANCIAL TERRORISM SUSPECTED in 2008 ECONOMIC CRASH! "

F.T.G.

edit on 1-3-2011 by seasoul because: BOYCOTT BANKS

excuse me?

You sure were quick to respond, which means you didn't read it, and leaves me suspicious.
edit on 093131p://bTuesday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by seasoul

So you don't think this sort of thing happens, or that Maurice Strong or George Soros manipulate markets?

Soros is the man who broke the bank of England,

That Marice Strong quote was something he said himself.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
This is actually an excellent article.

It summarizes what many of us here on ATS have suspected for a long time - that the west's economic structure is not invulnerable to "asymmetric" attacks by hostile forces, and that the economy is a ripe target for our enemies.

To further punctuate an important part of the article:

Also, the report lists as suspects advocates of Islamic law, who have publicly called for opposition to capitalism as a way to promote what they regard as the superiority of Islam.

Further Pentagon Low Intensity Conflict office research into possible economic warfare or financial terrorism being behind the economic collapse by the Pentagon’s Special Operations and was blocked (emphasis mine), Mr. Freeman said.

What is obviously between the lines here is that there are potentially internal forces that have aided and abetted the collapse of the US/Western economies.

We need to assume a multi-pronged assault by the usual (and some unusual) suspects:

1) islamic / arab nations with a vested interest in destroying a nation based in Christian principles.
2) communist/"progressive" forces actually within the country with a vested interest in destroying a nation based in Christian/capitalist principles, and...
3) communist/"progressive" forces actually highly placed in the federal govt. with a vested interest in destroying a nation based in Christian/capitalist principles.

i believe that there are people that we would not otherwise suspect that want America to fall.

edit on 1-3-2011 by MMPI2 because:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

many of us here on ATS have suspected for a long time

Thank you MMP12, and that is why I quoted the Marice Strong's quote, many of us did suspect this was coming and that it was exactly what happened in 2008, I had topics regarding the situation myself, this was sort of validation.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Is it all connected?

Oil climbs despite Saudi output pledge
news.yahoo.com...

China's holdings of US debt larger than reported
news.yahoo.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Don’t Be Evil? 10 Ways In Which Google Runs The World
www.infowars.com...

Medvedev sees `fires for decades' in Arab world
news.yahoo.com...

In an interview with the Wall Street Journal, top ranking Russian official Igor Sechin, the country's deputy prime minister and "energy czar," pinpointed Google for what he viewed as the company's role in catalyzing the protests that rocked Egypt and led to the ousting of President Hosni Mubarak.

Russia blames google
www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
econimic depressions are normal, this is akin to blaming witches for crop failure.

When somthing bad happens blame it on the enemy, classic tactic of a wounded government.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by monkofmimir
econimic depressions are normal, this is akin to blaming witches for crop failure.

When somthing bad happens blame it on the enemy, classic tactic of a wounded government.

I think it is more complicated then that, only because some of us, many of us saw it coming.

I believe there are many layers to the onion , and there is no excuse for the role our own government played in the incident.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I guess if anyone is interested they could read through some of the post on this topic from,2009.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Stop making excuses for the rich elites or attempt to deflect blame upon others.

The lunatic Gaddafi tried and the world knew better. So do we all know what happened.

The banks encouraged spending, for debt is how one gains power and control, lending money for everything under the sun to everyone easily. China opened its market and slave labour, then corporations fled there, taking away jobs from the world and squeezed the chinese farmer boy and girl dry.

Massive layoffs happened, and housing loans could not be serviced, led to banks 'in trouble'. But bankers were way ahead in the game, they repackaged their loans into derivatives, making others took the 'exhauberant' risks the bankers long knew was unconscionable, which the middle classes foolishly dumped their savings in it while bankers got back all their money.

With the middle classes and the poor out of jobs and money, the collapse came when not enough money was circulated in the economy, and many other manufacturing and service industries closing down as the banks were no longer offering loans, creating more stress to the economy.

The solution was to pump more money in public services and projects to jumpstart and restart the economy. But no, it was not allowed to happened. The money instead went to bailout the gov's masters - bankers and corporations, which only use the money to balance their deposit accounts lossed from their derivatives and property credit gambles, as well as to hoard it up.

And to add insult to injury, instead of loaning the money to let the economy survive through the original plan of social infrastructure rebuilding, the bankers and corporations rejected the notion and made the govs around the world tighten their belts, curtailingeven further circulation of money, driving the masses into illiteracy and poverty.

And the result of what the corporations and bankers had done is what you see going on in the world today.

There certainly are terrorists that is causing the doom we have now in this world. Send the bankers and corporation CEOs to gitmo bay please. No wait...they own even that.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

I am not making excuses.

And the result of what the corporations and bankers had done is what you see going on in the world today.

Not denying that at all.

but isn't it possible that a group of individuals took advantage of an already volatile situation?
edit on 103131p://bTuesday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
According to the article we are entering phase three,

The first phase,

The first phase of the economic attack, the report said, was the escalation of oil prices by speculators from 2007 to mid-2008 that coincided with the housing finance crisis.

The timing of this was suspect in many minds.

In the second phase

In the second phase, the stock market collapsed by what the report called a “bear raid” from unidentified sources on Bear Stearns, Lehman Brothers and other Wall Street firms.

“This produced a complete collapse in credit availability and almost started a global depression,” Mr. Freeman said.

The third phase

The third phase is what Mr. Freeman states in the report was the main source of the economic system’s vulnerability. “We have taken on massive public debt as the government was the only party who could access capital markets in late 2008 and early 2009,” he said, placing the U.S. dollar’s global reserve currency status at grave risk.

“This is the ‘end game’ if the goal is to destroy America,” Mr. Freeman said, noting that in his view China’s military “has been advocating the potential for an economic attack on the U.S. for 12 years or longer as evidenced by the publication of the book Unrestricted Warfare in 1999.”

Unrestricted Warfare
en.wikipedia.org...

“The reality of the situation today is that foreign-based hedge funds perpetrating bear raid strategies could do so virtually unmonitored and unregulated on behalf of enemies of the United States,”

www.washingtontimes.com...

You have to ask yourselves, is there a grain of truth here?

Or are you going to reject all the information because it is a government report?

You need to look at the situations we are facing from every angle.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I got bent out of shape when I read this …

“Evidence outlined in a Pentagon contractor report suggests that financial subversion carried out by unknown parties, such as terrorists or hostile nations, contributed to the 2008 economic crash by covertly using vulnerabilities in the U.S. financial system … “

… and didn’t read further, until now.

The fact that American taxpayers have to foot the bill for bogus studies conducted by costly contractors, just to have some government official come along after the fact, and state that “the Pentagon was not the appropriate agency to assess economic warfare and financial terrorism risks,” was bad enough.

The report has some truths, but in many ways it is nothing more than a “red herring.”

We need to get back to basics, and reexamine the 9/11 Commission and its report.

Who really engineered and ultimately initiated America’s economic collapse?

edit on 1-3-2011 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Suspects include financial enemies in Middle Eastern states, Islamic terrorists, hostile members of the Chinese military, or government and organized crime groups in Russia, Venezuela or Iran. Chinese military officials publicly have suggested using economic warfare against the U.S.

Okay, lets just list all of our enemies that we might want to go to war with. Never mind things like the movie "Inside Job", which indicates that it was greed and lack of ethics on the part of the American banking institutions. Oh, the crash was an act of terrorism all right of the moneyed elites against middle and lower classes.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by seasoul

Although the report has some truth to it

Thank you seasoul, I understand why you would be suspicious, I look for pieces of the puzzle where I can find them,

remember that saying, don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

All we can do is continue to glean bits and pieces of information until a clear picture begins to emerge, and I think is is becoming clearer.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet

Suspects include financial enemies in Middle Eastern states, Islamic terrorists, hostile members of the Chinese military, or government and organized crime groups in Russia, Venezuela or Iran. Chinese military officials publicly have suggested using economic warfare against the U.S.

Okay, lets just list all of our enemies that we might want to go to war with. Never mind things like the movie "Inside Job", which indicates that it was greed and lack of ethics on the part of the American banking institutions. Oh, the crash was an act of terrorism all right of the moneyed elites against middle and lower classes.

I am sure there were those on the inside as well.

but,

We would be foolish to think we don't have enemies, and there is no such thing as financial terrorism.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
“Economic Warfare: Risks and Responses” by financial analyst Kevin D. Freeman,

www.scribd.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
From the article:

The first phase of the economic attack, the report said, was the escalation of oil prices by speculators from 2007 to mid-2008 that coincided with the housing finance crisis.

In the second phase, the stock market collapsed by what the report called a “bear raid” from unidentified sources on Bear Stearns, Lehman Brothers and other Wall Street firms. “This produced a complete collapse in credit availability and almost started a global depression,” Mr. Freeman said.

The third phase is what Mr. Freeman states in the report was the main source of the economic system’s vulnerability. “We have taken on massive public debt as the government was the only party who could access capital markets in late 2008 and early 2009,” he said, placing the U.S. dollar’s global reserve currency status at grave risk.

So, the Pentagon has figured out that Oil Speculators from Wall Street Firms, and the U.S Government acted as financial terrorists. And it only took them 3 years to figure this out?

Way to go Pentagon.

Maybe now we can arrest the Wall Street thugs, and members of our government that were responsible for the bailouts. It's about time!

On a more serious note, how dare the Russians and Chinese decide to use their own currencies to buy oil, who the hell do they think they are!? And there were people using corporate loopholes created by congress to make money trading derivatives that didn't really exist, imploding the system while the CEO's made off with millions? Terrorists all of them!

Ok, I have to go now and drink a few glasses of fluoridated water before I go to the Walmart and get my vaccines and flu shot. The TSA Viper team has set up a checkpoint on the way where I'll submit to a full body cavity search. But it's OK, because the Pentagon has found the financial terrorists!!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Really surprised at the responses on this topic, I never thought it would get this reaction.

new topics

top topics

join