It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drones Set to Invade National, State Parks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Drones Set to Invade National, State Parks

www.wired.com

The proposal to begin training missions there is part of a bigger push to build a drone infrastructure for flying missions throughout the United States. So new drone bases are being built. The FAA is setting aside airspace for drone flights. And you can even get an accredited college degree in roboplane repair or operations.

Federal education and stimulus money is being used to create nonmilitary drone education programs.

we can probably expect that the other 42 states not already
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Isn't that great, stimulus money being used for "non-military" military drone education programs, isn't life great? LOL

I like one of the comments in that page
Someone in the comments section said

Goddammit, the government is making it harder and harder not to believe in conspiracy theories...

HA

Nice, so while the media is making Charlie Sheen seem crazy people are waking up, because after all you cannot deny reality!

Catching criminals and spying on people for security is important now isn't it?
Well let's see, listen to the last line of the below clip

What's the use when you think about it like that?
The real criminals are in power!!!!

www.wired.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
It wouldn't surprise me if the DEA started using them.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
What nonmilitary applications are there for UAVs, anyway? Fast parcel delivery? Maybe a cheaper alternative to traffic copters for local TV news stations?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
This is ridiculous. I hope anyone who reads this decides to pass this information along. And also engage in the arguably pointless act of emailing your senator's office. I'm sure as hell going to let people know. I've seen a couple of drone crafts (I think) flying around here in Grand Rapids, MI. I don't like it.

Obviously there is something wrong when a technology that was developed to spy on our enemies, in order to gain tactical advantages, is now going to be introduced to it's own people. This is hogwash, and "non-military" is really comforting.

I still don't remember reading anything in that article about WHY we're trying to get drones placed in our lands.

But I'm not liking that at all. Especially because people may very well flee to the hills, so to speak, when the national guard starts ushering us all into fema camps. Those of us who wish to live off of the land in the hills somewhere will need camouflage from above as well.

Having already seen some drone planes around here (they weren't the popular reaper drones I've seen), I'll say that it's already begun, which I'm sure most of us know, we're always being watched.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

They'd better be equipped with lasers and face recognition to better protect us...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by colbyforce
They'd better be equipped with lasers and face recognition to better protect us...

HA, that's funny~

I have a few contacts at IBM & Cisco and some people were telling me that DHS is also using funding to keep schools "safe", they select a vendor/reseller to come to a school and install IP Surveillance equipment that gives live video streaming to local police departments.

Get em while they are young as they say!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
They have been up there for quite a while now. They are just now coming clean.

Welcome to America.....Land of the Free !!!

Now smile as we x-ray, sniff, profile, and use computers to measure your face and gait.

We just watch as the last of our remaining "Rights" are being taken.

Sad

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Drones and blue devil blimps for FULL SURVEILLANCE of EVERYTHING!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Anyone that isn't a complete moron can see the trend in governments to exercise total control anyway they can.

This was my solution...

I bought stock in the hottest surveillance co's, video camera mfg'ers, monitor makers etc; it's a growth industry; we know we can't beatem. Profit off of em and retire to a third world country with a beautiful beach where privacy is respected and live off the residuals. Who wants to live in a country that hates its citizens?

edit on 1-3-2011 by whaaa because: s;l./

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I don't live far from the Adirondacks, I'll keep my eyes open next time I'm hiking or even in my neighborhood.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Not only are they set to monitor parks as your article suggests, but i came across this article a few weeks ago (if it hasn't already been posted here): Aerial Drones: Coming to a Police Department Near you

Get all your crime done before 2013, which is when the FAA plans to implement laws that will allow police departments to routinely fly unmanned drones around U.S. cities. It's gonna be a lot harder to get away.

Some government agencies are already using drones for domestic purposes, like patrolling the Mexico-U.S. border. But as of 2013, police departments will have a green light to use drones to bust drug houses and chase down fleeing criminals:

From the Washington Post

By 2013, the FAA expects to have formulated new rules that would allow police across the country to routinely fly lightweight, unarmed drones up to 400 feet above the ground - high enough for them to be largely invisible eyes in the sky.

Hello Police State. *waves*

Eyes in the sky, surveillance everywhere.

Just thought I'd add this to the thread, since it involves domestic drones.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I envision something sinister, as in the omega code project, after a die off, and controlled "earth change" scenario, they are hording the diminished regressed slaves into certain areas only, with the whole continent manned by murderous drones like in some sci fi movie.

According to the omega project this:
here

means NWO, and its an AFTER SHFT, stage, meaning the next era or new world. They always kill anyone with knowledge, books and learning from all the other eras, according to this:

part 1 of 13 OLD WORLD SECRETS THE OMEGA PROJECT CODES

part one, the first one is alot like the beginning of the Terra Papers, sort of their distorted chaos beliefs creation, unlike what deep thinking on the holographic universe model and infinity leads to.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Well its about time. I'm sick of the illegal immigrants setting up pot farms in our national forests. This does nothing but put legitimate American pot farmers out of business.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Flying at 400 ft above the ground they shouldnt be hard to shoot down, and i wouldnt feel to bad as they are unmaned

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
With the proper Sun directions emps can shut it all down....

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by colbyforce

HA, that's funny~

I have a few contacts at IBM & Cisco and some people were telling me that DHS is also using funding to keep schools "safe", they select a vendor/reseller to come to a school and install IP Surveillance equipment that gives live video streaming to local police departments.

Get em while they are young as they say!

Yeah like cameras in the kids changing rooms right ? Two fed's were jailed for this last year .Save us from ourselves or them ?

I hope readers here are aware that National Parks around the world no matter where you are don't belong to your country .They are the property of the UN under Herritage Listings. Park and Wildlife officers aren't aware that their pay checks come from a second party.Ever wonder why Park and Wildlife Officers have more powers than law enforcement and as much powers as the Fed's ????
edit on 1-3-2011 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by skylightsintheillions

The first thought I had after reading this article was, great klnow when I run for the hills they will probably find me. Then in your reply you mentioned camoflauge for above, tell you this, you helped me here to know start considering how to campflauge me...thanks

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
Well its about time. I'm sick of the illegal immigrants setting up pot farms in our national forests. This does nothing but put legitimate American pot farmers out of business.

I do not at all undertand what you mean
what are you trying to say?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by allisit

Your welcome. I've been thinking about it, perhaps this should be in another thread, but for a quick comment, I'd say that perhaps something can be done with a series of mirrors or diversions which will scramble and confuse a computer that is trained to seek certain patterns of pixels.

If anyone has ever used a digital camera and noticed the auto-focus function and how sometimes it doesn't quite get what you want, something of the same sort might work.

Wait, maybe...yes maybe.... actual smoke & mirrors

new topics

top topics

join