It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to leave The United States of America, I've had it.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Google "expat __________" and learn a whole bunch about countries you intend to migrate to. The best sites allow comments, and you can find out how much of the site itself is lifted from travel brochures instead of reality.

I suggest backing up from the "I'm leaving---and never coming back" hotheaded stance, and saying "I'm going to investigate living an international life of adventure," and see where it leads.

Funny, before I got to travel world-wide, I was extremely anarchist/left-liberal. My journey to conservatism began by discovering how many of my cherished hopes and dreams were just hogwash.

I learned that a lot of anti-government posturing is basically simple misanthropy (a hatred of one's fellow humans).

After I got out of college and went to work for a living, I learned to respect common, hard-living people. Folks with little education and little prospects. Whoever posted the "drunk redneck patriot" and "Jesus camp" videos: it's only funny when it's your own people. Nobody wants to see Arabs saying the exact same smack about us, because it disrupts our national self-loathing, our "look how bad our idiots suck" world-view. take a look at "Chav" on youtube or google images and learn how America is in no way unique with the jersey shore. Then you can move on to "folk devil" and "moral panic" for the anthropological drives to belittle the underclass.

I came to realize that the "sheep" I once looked down upon were actually God's children who are getting by the best they can, and who are by and large men of goodwill unless provoked. That is true in Kentucky as much as in the West Bank.

One of the things that had always disturbed me about leftism is the "loathe your own roots" that it requires; loathing your upbringing, your own people, your own nation. There is a root concept in liberalism that the act of critiquing something means that you are more enlightened or civilized than the thing you critique. Another founding concept is that a nuanced answer is better than a simple answer. I have learned that these two ideas, which I was taught to cherish, are simply part of a liberal world-view that contributes to personal unhappiness. This is a philosophical post I guess, and I won't put any more of it here.

Until I had traveled overseas, I had never personally watched someone get arrested without a warrant or for their politics; I had never seen dead bodies lying unburied in the street. I had never seen people literally starving to death in the road in front of a mansion.

I know those are not the places you are thinking of moving to; but I think witnessing those non-American realities has made me more thoughtful and more appreciative of common everyday people, both here and there) who don't have college degrees and will never be part of the intellectual elite. Helping them can be the most important thing you could ever do with your life. Or you can turn your back on them because they are ignorant? You may never convert them to your political stance, but you could ease their suffering. Which is more important?

Blessed are the Meek.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Hi there,
I don't know you and, judging from you attitude, I don't think I would care too.

As for a place for you to go; I have hear the fishing was good in Mongolia.

I hope you find a place more to your liking, but I believe you have got a lot of searching ahead of you.

I would however hope you don't let the door knob hit you on the way out.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by St-Patrick
reply to post by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO

IMHO Europeans are much more civilized, free, down to earth and consciously awaken than us North Americans.

Clearly this is proven by Europeans history of the crusades, 2 world wars, imperialism and the rape murder and theft of all peoples of color..This is all in the past you say though of course because Bosnia and Serbia never happened. You are aware of course because you are probably a 20 year old highschool dropout that the United States was founded specifically because of European dictatorship and intolerance, intolerance which exists to this day I know a few Germans why don't you ask them about their opinions of all the Middle Easterners moving into their country, or try asking a West Londoner about Pakis. Your ignorance is actually amusing.

PS: Since your leaving because no one will listen to your psychotic delusions about conspiracy theories regarding 9/11 I truly do recommend Europe, you wont be missed here and you'll fit in perfectly there.
edit on 2-3-2011 by Liberterius because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by sylvie

Unless you go to an English-speaking country with a mostly white population and a similar mentality to the US (or only hang out with other expats), you will always be an outsider. No matter how friendly your Thai buddies may be, ultimately they'll always view you as a foreigner; you'll never REALLY be one of them. And when TSHTF, you want to be among people that form a support group around you; people you know and trust; people who don't view you as "the rich white guy from outside the village." (And most places where you'd go, you'd be known as the rich white guy, even if you're just scraping by on a lower-middle-class income here in the US.)

And even in countries where you're not sticking out like a sore thumb, you'll likely still be viewed as "not one of us." Take the rich people I know that are all moving to Argentina now: let's say for the sake of argument that TSHTF for real; total economic collapse, major natural disasters, whatever. Let's say paper money becomes worthless.

How long do you think will it be before the super-friendly natives will develop a major grudge against the rich maggots living it up while they have nothing? How long before the devoted maid, housekeeper, cook, and tutor are giving you the finger (or worse, cut your throat) and tell you to take care of your own #?

Let's say the place where you reside experiences a major earthquake and lives are lost. How many natives will remember that you may need help too; how many will risk their life for you; how many will include you in their little clans when they huddle down together to provide food, warmth and shelter?

I'd rather tough it out here, with people I know and who will work together with me and my family to provide the basics in the event of a catastrophe. That's just me, but in a crisis you want to stick to those near and dear.

You articulated perfectly what I've been beating the bush around. Thank you for saying it so well. I don't need to say anything else; I'll just read your posts from here on out.

way to go.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by St-Patrick

Originally posted by St-Patrick
IMHO Europeans are much more civilized, free, down to earth and consciously awaken than us North Americans.

As someone who knows both places very well, I'd say you'd be pretty wrong about that.

edit on 1-3-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

As someone who knows both places very well, I'd say you'd be pretty wrong about that.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

I moved abroad 8 years ago to the Philippines after a US government debacle (topic for different thread) that greatly affected me and my family, and see many others doing the same (mostly retired) and I've never felt more free after doing so.

There's a place here called Tagaytay www.tagaytay.com...

I no-longer live there but will return one day spending awhile in Baguio City, also nice but not clean and has water & population problems, (the wife wanted to put the kids in school there) Tagaytay is worth a look if your serious about moving overseas and could not be further from US.

Also most everything is in English TV, Radio, street signs, most locals speak it.

Also has a nice Expat community that meets every 2nd Wednesday.

This is a huge decision so take some time to weigh all your options, also it takes money unless your living off a pension like most retirees or have an alternate income like myself, because there are no jobs there for you unless you start your own business, which is risky at best.

Good luck on your endeavor whatever path you take.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I love my country with all of its' flaws and I am sorry to hear you have given up on America OP.

That being said, I think alot of these "I'm leaving_____" posts are just drama that take away from reality.

What date are you committed to leaving by?
Will you provide proof you have left and established a residence in another country?

Otherwise, this is a bunch of cowardly trolling bravado.

I will applaud when you have the stones to actually leave.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne

To each his own.

I have a foot planted squarely in each continent, and think otherwise.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
So you plan to leave because people don't agree with you about 911? That is a foolish reason to leave a country that many are trying to migrate to. What if they are right and you are wrong?

Another thing you might want to consider is what you have to offer the country you plan to move to and why they should let you stay for more than 90 days. If you are skilled in something they want, you will have a job but one of their citizens will not. You must have a skill that is in short supply for a work permit. What languages are you fluent in? How about assimilating into their culture? Try buying a house or apartment in Europe and you may find that you have bought a 99 year lease....for $500,000 US. Many people in the US whine about taxes but Europe will show you what taxation is really about. The Europeans have perfected the bleeding of their citizens' wallets and are masters of taxation.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by allourep
Im taking action by starting a farm and Im not going to ever earn a dollar again. Self sustain.

I wonder if your internet provider will accept tomatos as payment.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I don't want to pay taxes to fund this military, and I don't want any American corporation to make one more dollar from me so long as the official story of 9/11 is supported by the masses.

I have felt these things as well. Once I woke up in fall 2004 about 9/11 and the agenda for perpetual war, I tried to wake up some of my "friends". Yeah, good beer drinkin' buddies, but not too keen on anything but T-bars, Hooters (restaurant) and sports. Family is just as bad, especially the wife.

Then I came the closest in almost 30 yrs to kicking someone's a$$. They said well "if you don't like it, then leave!" That was after a debate about torture being done in our names, to supposedly keep us safer!?? I was so PO'd I literally drew a line in the sand. My other friend luckily had the smarts to diffuse the situation.

So I decided, I ain't leaving. I will find one little thing at a time that I can do, while still surviving in this Oasis of Ignorance. Something will change to make it better, hopefully before I die. I have looked at other countries, and lived in Mexico, and they all suck.

Even though my ancestors on paternal and maternal sides were Texians (ca 1836), and I feel I have frontiersman in my blood, I think it's like Don Henley and the Eagles said in "The Last Resort": There is no more new frontier, we have got to make it here...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Take a deep breath and stop thinking so much. I know that sounds like bad advice but all things will fall into place. If you run to another country you will most likely end up feeling the same way about that country.I remember when I was a younger man and I would have the heated debates with friends about god/science and everything we could think of. I even had come close to blows with some of my friends!.

I eventually decided to stop trying to make them see my point of view and relax my brain for a few decades. I can still debate topics like a naked sumo on acid but, I don't see much logic in making my Friends try to "wake up".

Logic and wisdom are my driving force now. for example..If 9/11 was an inside job the facts will be revealed. If UFOs are really aliens they will land. if obama is a Manchurian candidate he will activate. if I got an alien implant in my head the x-ray will find it. if Nibiru is real? then it will show up. If the moon has secret bases or is hollow we will know someday. There is nothing hidden that the light wont reveal in time. making people try to see your view could be the reason they spout crazy opinions to maybe freak you out.

I would stick around because all the good action gonna go down here.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc
They are and never wil be a better country in this world or galaxy than the United States Of America! All you people who wanna cry and try and trash my great nation can go straight to hell!

I think it may be time to remove the term 'United' from the name of your once great nation. There seems to be very little 'United' about your states.

The U in USA could still remain...Ununited States of America

res

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Feel free to leave, I know you wont though. Complainers are never doers

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by raceway40

Australia mate.

We are the USAs "Mini Me"

res

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Yeah mate, leave the USA its a really TERRIBLE place to live. I have set out a list of places that you would find more appropriate with your blind eyes and bigoted mind.

1. Chad
2. Iran
3. China
4. Nth Korea
5. Libya
6. Afganistan
7. Pakistan
8. Ethiopia
9. Siberia
10. Nth Sentinel Island
11. Yemen
12. Haiti

and the list goes on...

If you truly are an American, born there with grandparents that were Americans, I think it is time to leave befoe you polute the rest of the population with your attitude.

Your worst enemy is actually within yourself.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Actually, you know what the real problem is? You'd rather moan that do anything. Why don't you just sell up if you own anything an go now, anywhere, somewhere, and then write us again and tell us you've actually done it.

Meanwhile we can carry on a few years without a comment. You see you're all moan and no action. Grow up and just do it.

Of course, you'd rather stay and keep replying to us all becasue it's easier, which means you'd be lazy as well as chicken.

Get the message. Don't say anything, just leave and see what the real world is like becuase the US is so insulated you'll die in the real world!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I've watched this thread since it started, not knowing exactly if I can contribute anything to your thought process here and trying to come up with something that you may or may not find helpful in your journey. And to be honest I still don't know if this will be helpful nor not.... but here goes.

No one is going to stop you if this is something you really want to do. You mentioned you would be leaving unless someone came up with a good arguement against you doing so. That alone tells me that you don't really want to leave. You would have done so without seeking approval from folks you don't even know if the desire to leave was that great. Let me relate this quick personal story to you, because like you I am frustrated.

We have a very very close knit circle of 9 friends. Of those 9 about 5 of us are fairly well convinced that some kind of SHTF scenerio is on the horizon. What that is, is anyone's guess and I'm not going to butt heads with them over it and lose their friendship over it. But I am preparing the best I can with what I can. Now, with that said if it all dropped in the pot tomorrow and those who have not believed in the possibility of a meltdown of some sort showed up on our doorstep with nothing I would welcome them with open arms and none of the 'See, I told you so...." mentality. But I would show them where their sleeping bags were and would make them a cup of their favorite tea that I've been stocking up on because they like it.

My point here is this... don't leave just because you are frustrated that someone or some people choose not to believe your point of view on what YOU feel is an important topic. Let them believe as they will just as YOU are free to believe what you will. Instead of trying to use your knowledge like a club to beat them over their head, be a soft place for them to land when/if they start to see what you see.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Enjoy your journey.

You should probably keep your US passport though.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029
I use to post here at ATS all the time... and then I realized there are so many good posters here that I just became a lurker. This is the greatest forum on the internet... there is no doubt about that.

Anyway, recently I got in a argument about 9/11 with a family member and suddenly it dawned on me... There is no hope for this country. Yes, people are waking up, but not the right people. I don't care if somebody like Charlie Sheen is awake... I need somebody like Michael Jordan to be awake.... somebody with some credibility.

The 9/11 truth movement lost... We failed.

And because we failed, I'm going to do what somebody suggested and leave this country, and when I leave, I don't want to come back, and I don't want to move somewhere close to this place like Canada or Mexico. I want to go to somewhere far like Germany or Australia... just get me out of this nation filled with sheep.

I don't want to pay taxes to fund this military, and I don't want any American corporation to make one more dollar from me so long as the official story of 9/11 is supported by the masses.

This county just flat out sucks... the other day I was watching the Oscars and I was literally sick to my stomach.
We are a nation that does nothing but worship idols. Look, i can go on and on and on... I'm sure this nothing new to ATS... I just need a place to vent right now.

Again... thank you ATS for letting me know that not everybody in this country is blind... but the truth is all we are doing is talking, we aren't doing any action... Well for me personally it's time for some action. Enough Talk already... and unless somebody can convince me otherwise, the only logical action to take right now is to pack my bags and leave this country for good.

thanks for reading.
edit on 1-3-2011 by Doomsday 2029 because: (no reason given)

Good! One less person to worry about.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join