It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kremlin Rolls Out Card That Does All

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Kremlin Rolls Out Card That Does All

www.themoscowtimes.com

Imagine a piece of plastic that gets you a doctor's appointment, pays your bills, allows you to rent a car or buy a plane ticket and even get Moscow registration faster than the sham ads in the Moscow metro.

President Dmitry Medvedev promised Monday that three years from now all Russians will have this magic card.

He gave the government till May to make final calculations of the funds necessary to introduce the universal electronic card, or UEC, for all citizens and urged banks to not take advantage of card users at the meeting of the commission on modernization and technological devel
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Say hello to the UEC. Its the new one stop card for all of your card carrying needs.

It's your ID.
It's your bank card.
It's your driver's liscense.
It's your insurance.
And much more.

Russian banks are paying the multibillion dollar bill to implement the cards over the next three years. This gives one an idea who is really pushing the system.

In a sense, Russia will be a test bed for the system. Once its tweaked and improved, expect UEC style cards to begin appearing in a country near you.

www.themoscowtimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 1/3/11 by MikeboydUS because: ''

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
This is just the way of the future.. And the idea is nothing new, cards with a multitude of tasks have been available for some time..
It's when they want to put a chip in you to do all the stuff mentioned.. That's when you need to start worrying..

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a piece of plastic that gets you a doctors appointment, pays your bills, allows you to rent a car, and buy a plane ticket?

sounds suspiciously like things we already have. and we carry around like, six of them in our wallets. i'm fine with an all-in-one drivers license/ID/credit card/debit card. what's so bad about that?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

It's when they want to put a chip in you to do all the stuff mentioned.. That's when you need to start worrying..

No, then its too late to worry.

The above mentioned card is the absolute nightmare already, it is an essential fundament for the implementation of an effective police state. People should be worried about it NOW, not when it is too late.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

But when is it too late?
Once the population accepts this UEC, it will become the 'norm'...
Almost like credit cards now.

I know people who still get made fun of, for not having credit cards.
As if it's some kind of sick joke.

A single device to do all is inevitable:
Plastic breaks, magnetic strips wear out, cards can be stolen.

But a biometric ID, well now it's more 'secure'.

There's more than 100 discussions about the new way of identification.
The way that they will be presented will either be by want or force.
By saying you can't travel without one...
Or by making it attractive to the youth...
Saying that there's no other way to pay...

These ideas are already being engrained in our thoughts, from the TV, now.
Just look around.

You are being prepared.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by WilliamRikeronaSegway

Gee, if you have to ask, you are probably incapable of understanding the answer.

Move along, nothing to see here.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

With the way biometrics technology is moving, I don't know.

Biometrics and automated sensor networks will soon give us the ability to use the person as the card. A person's biometric signature could replace the need for any card or chip. Networks of smart scanners and sensors would be able to recognize people by a variety of data, including voice, retina, dna, skeleton, teeth, and even brain wave patterns.

We may see communications technology being implanted though, where the smartphone is no longer needed and instead neurophotonic interfaced devices are used.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ganjoa
reply to post by WilliamRikeronaSegway

Gee, if you have to ask, you are probably incapable of understanding the answer.

Move along, nothing to see here.

Well isn't that quite the insult for someone simply asking a question!

The idea of a national ID card, or a single card to do all these things seems like a consolidation of power to me, which is rarely a good thing.

That being said, I can't really see how this would be any more nefarious than having an ID, credit card, passport, etc. I too would be really interested in an explanation, but if you feel I would be incapable of understanding feel free to not answer, wouldn't want you to waste your time.

Condescending much?
edit on 1-3-2011 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
And if "They" don't like you for whatever reason...

"They" de-activate your card.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ganjoa

i'm sorry? it's a piece of plastic, not embedded underneath your skin, mind you, that you can carry around and does the job of every piece of plastic you already have. plus, the norm is a wallet full of plastic in the first place. there's a big leap of faith from "a piece of plastic you carry around that does all of this" to "putting a chip inside of your skin that can do all of this" unless you dream of paranoid fantasies like that anyways, so...

like i asked, what's so bad about this?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthOccupant
And if "They" don't like you for whatever reason...

"They" de-activate your card.

Yes,
how about this huh,
Arron Russo said this was coming back in early 2000
see the docudrama called "Freedom to Fascism"

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Wait, everybody it's the holy Russia here, oh how blessed Russia is! Whatever Russia does, even if they are implementing if they do impliment Nazi style identification cards, well it must be good! Oh ignore all that stuff about Putin being tied to the Mafia and and all that junk about hundreds of his political opponents mysteriously getting killed. PRAISE RUSSIA THE LAND OF THE FREE!!!! COMMUNISM IS FREEDOOOOMMM!!!!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by WilliamRikeronaSegway
reply to post by ganjoa

i'm sorry? it's a piece of plastic, not embedded underneath your skin, mind you, that you can carry around and does the job of every piece of plastic you already have. plus, the norm is a wallet full of plastic in the first place. there's a big leap of faith from "a piece of plastic you carry around that does all of this" to "putting a chip inside of your skin that can do all of this" unless you dream of paranoid fantasies like that anyways, so...

like i asked, what's so bad about this?

the bad thing is that this is how these people work...incrementalism.

this is just how pedophiles "groom" their child sexual assault victims. first, they promise you a lot of things, tell you how cool and fun it will be, promise how it will change your life for the better.

they introduce these ideas and concepts a little at a time, slowly, slowly, until you're pretty much desensitized to the idea of consenting to something perverse, which is the ultimate goal of both the pedophile and the"progressive" politician.

before you know it, you got somebody (or a bunch of somebodies) sticking all kinds of stuff into you.

edit on 1-3-2011 by MMPI2 because:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
VERE ARE YOUR PAPERS?!?!?!

Its gonna be an identity thiefs wet dream thats for damn sure

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

They thought of this a while ago.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
This is just the way of the future.. And the idea is nothing new, cards with a multitude of tasks have been available for some time..

Yeah...

Whats the matter with everybody?
All the cool kids are doing it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d7c4f2983f9e.gif[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0c1f54db515c.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6c84b4e38260.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

like i said before, this is a HUGE leap of faith from small piece of plastic to really small metal chip, unless they dream of paranoia like this in the first place. people worrying about it the way they do now kind of proves people know the difference between "debit or credit?" and "RFID?"

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by prof7

I definitely agree!!!!! 1000%!!! They can keep it. I dont want it!!

top topics

join