It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Group Launches Scholarship For White Males Only

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vizzle

Actually, if you would have read a book, you would know that my ancestors worked side by side with yours on the railroads. We also got off boats in new york, and were enlisted on the spot for the union army during the civil war, (I.E. My ancestors died for your freedom) you have no idea what you are talking about. It truly shows. How sad.

I didn't complain about money being given to minorities with impoverished backgrounds. Do not put words in my mouth. I did however, say that there were not any scholarships available to me. Are you on drugs? What proved that I have never gone to school? I am currently in school. I even said "All i got was a pell grant". Come back when you aren't high. I never said I was denied entrance to the best schools, once again, stop making stuff up. As a student in the Univ. California school system, I think my school is fairly decent. Thanks.

I have not pointed fingers at anyone. All I have said is don't judge me by my skin color, which you continue to do.

First of all, you have no idea who my ancestors are or where they come from. Don't deceive yourself into believing I am a minority because I was raised to look at things crtically and logically from multiple points of view.

I made it very clear, if you read my earlier post that I have never singled out white men and tried to make them feel guilty for what SOME of their ancestors might have or might not have done because every human being has an ancestor that harmed or did evil to someone at some point in time.

Don't put words in my mouth and don't be a liar because your statement about not being able to find scholarships for white males is a total lie. There are literally tons of scholarships for white males and the rest pf the world that are based on merit and financial need. You clearly did not qualify for those and tried to point out all the other scholarships as way to victimize yourself and it was totally transparent.

It comes down to being a decent human and being honest with yourself. You most likely did not work very hard academically to qualify for a full scholarship and now you want to balk, well I am not buying it.

If I live in a good neighborhood and go to a good school and if I end up at the end of high school with 95 average and some school decides to give a scholarship or accepta candidate with an 80 average because their family and ancestors have been oppressed for centuries I would happily accept that fact. It wouldn't matter where in the world that candidate is from or what colore he/she was. Do you know why? I know I am good enough and smart enough that there are 10 other universities or scholarships waiting or me. No need to begrudge someone whose effort to achieve what they did in their environment was probably way greater than the effort I put forth to achieve what I did in my environment. It's like comparing apples to oranges.

I have seen recruiters for top companies turn away 4.0 candidates for people with 3.0 because the 4.0 lived on campus and just went to school and never worked and the 3.0 managed to finish school while working full-time. It doesn't matter what the number says, it's all relative to effort based on circumstance.

Yeah if put yourself through school and work, it's respectable. If you complain about someone else's circumstances that you know nothing about and are bitter or angry at the next person it just makes you seem like a loser.

edit on 1-3-2011 by MaryStillToe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Back for more white man hatred I see. I also see that you have nothing to say about your inaccuracies, lies, name calling and the rest of the garbage. This should be fun.

Originally posted by MaryStillToe
First of all, you have no idea who my ancestors are or where they come from. Don't deceive yourself into believing I am a minority because I was raised to look at things crtically and logically from multiple points of view.

So you are just full of your self? Then why do you keep saying "You" and "Your Ancestors" instead of "My" or "Our Ancestors"? Or do your ancestors not count? Of course not.

I made it very clear, if you read my earlier post that I have never singled out white men and tried to make them feel guilty for what SOME of their ancestors might have or might not have done because every human being has an ancestor that harmed or did evil to someone at some point in time.

I've read your earlier posts. See above ^^

Don't put words in my mouth and don't be a liar because your statement about not being able to find scholarships for white males is a total lie. There are literally tons of scholarships for white males and the rest pf the world that are based on merit and financial need. You clearly did not qualify for those and tried to point out all the other scholarships as way to victimize yourself and it was totally transparent.

Source this please, I could use a scholarship =) And if you link to fastweb, I will literally die of laughter. I have a great GPA, and am a white male. Scholarship me plz. No source means once again, you are blowing hot air.

edit to add: You said it yourself right here-

There are literally tons of scholarships for white males and the rest pf the world that are based on merit and financial need

but none specifically for white males, which is the whole idea of the thread. You might have missed that in all of your hate

It comes down to being a decent human and being honest with yourself. You most likely did not work very hard academically to qualify for a full scholarship and now you want to balk, well I am not buying it.

No, I ended up having to help support my family, and am now able to go to school. LOL @ work hard. Yah thats it *rolls eyes*

If I live in a good neighborhood and go to a good school and if I end up at the end of high school with 95 average and some school decides to give a scholarship or accepta candidate with an 80 average because their family and ancestors have been oppressed for centuries I would happily accept that fact. It wouldn't matter where in the world that candidate is from or what colore he/she was. Do you know why? I know I am good enough and smart enough that there are 10 other universities or scholarships waiting or me. No need to begrudge someone whose effort to achieve what they did in their environment was probably way greater than the effort I put forth to achieve what I did in my environment. It's like comparing apples to oranges.

Objection, relevance.

I have seen recruiters for top companies turn away 4.0 candidates for people with 3.0 because the 4.0 lived on campus and just went to school and never worked and the 3.0 managed to finish school while working full-time. It doesn't matter what the number says, it's all relative to effort based on circumstance.

Objection, Relevance?

Yeah if put yourself through school and work, it's respectable. If you complain about someone else's circumstances that you know nothing about and are bitter or angry at the next person it just makes you seem like a loser.

So basically once again, you are calling yourself a loser, seeing as you are complaining and accusing me of things you have no idea about. You really do enjoy the taste of feet don't you?

edit on 1-3-2011 by Vizzle because: Nudity

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

The advantage is that poor whites still had and have the advantage of undeserved favor from RACIST RICH ELITES. When racist business owners would not employ minorities who were equally or more qualified than their white counterparts. Did white people step aside and say, this isn't fair for me to get the job just because I'm white. NO, they happily took the job and enjoyed the UNDESERVED benefit in terms of income and the opportunity for economic advancement for their families.

You think the rich elites care about poor white people? You are sadly mistaken if you do.

As I've said before, I've always worked labor jobs. Forklift driver, Shipping lead, etc. You want to know something about the business I was in? Tons of immigrants. And guess what, EVERY job I had, an immigrant was MY BOSS. So your point falls apart, because I have no doubt a lot of high end jobs do discriminate against minorities, fact of the matter is poor white people are not applying or working at high end jobs. They are working labor jobs just like minorities. Like I said before, this is class discrimination, not racial discrimination.

And it's funny you talk about someone getting a job over someone of a different race, even if they are more qualified. That's what happens with affirmative action, EXCEPT this discrimination is being administered by the GOVERNMENT and not some bigoted business owner.
edit on 1-3-2011 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright
Coming from a white family you will have SOME TYPE of connection that can give you a upper hand.

That is complete and utter BS, sorry. Every job I've had, I've had because I applied for, and demonstrated my skills for the position. I started working while in high school, minimum wage jobs. Then continued working building up my experience in my field. Not once ever have I got a position, or any sort of advantage through a connection of mine. Nice try, though.

you can move to N. Dakota (or some other extremely racist section of the midwest) and decide to live the rugged life without the nearest neighbors looking at you strange and declaring, "You're a long way from home boi aren't ya!" You would be free to give up the city/suburban life and live in the woods and sticks and live like Daniel Boone.

Yeah, and as a white man there are minority dominant areas that I can't go to without neighbors looking at me strange and declaring "Yuz a long way from home whiite boi"
It goes both ways.

As a white male in America, you have an advantage on everyone else from jump, even if you come from a poor trailer park. You always have the ability of mingling with the rest of white America and being shown HOW to make money.

You show time and time again your lack of realization of the real world. You really think high society types are going to welcome their white trailer park brethren with open arms? NO! Wealth is wealth, and race is race. While it may be true more whites are wealthy than minorities, this DOES NOT effect the poor people who also lack wealth. Being white won't get you into a country club and big business connections. Your POCKETBOOK does.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Boo hoo, you thought you were special and should be entitled to things you never worked for.

The volume of unsubstantiated statements being made has exceeded my capacity to count them. I'm just going to save this one as the most sparkly of the unsubstantiated. A shining example. It glitters for all to behold.

I have often wondered why people tend to see in the world what they see in themselves.

David Grouchy
edit on 1-3-2011 by davidgrouchy because: spelling

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red
reply to post by DZAG Wright

I think your post is foolish, being white is not some club... Nobody comes around and shows me or gives me squat,the majority of your post is based upon your prejudices and assumptions. I agree to some degree with the LEO profiling, but thats about it... Gonna go drive my Bentley to my secret honkey meeting now

I'd have to agree 100%

BTW, are you bringing the beer to the meeting, or am I?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Reply to Vizzle and Black Ops:

Okay, so your direct ancestors were not around 400 years ago when the natives and africans were being killed, enslaved, and discrminated against, right? So why is that even your problem?

The one thing that stands out is that your families and the majority of your ethnic group were not forced to come to America. More importantly, even when white people were discriminated against because of their ancestry it was POSSIBLE for their children to assimilate and be accepted as equals. While all Europeans do not look the same, many of them could blend in by learning the language and losing their accent and by adopting the culture. They could even change their name if required. Natives and blacks could not change their color or their features. Do you see the difference? No matter how much they learned or tried to assimilate, they still were denied opportunities based only on their skin color. My mother always taught me not to make fun of something someone can't change. Well in the same, it's the worst kind of discrimination to use someone's skin color as reason for prejudice. I know people bleach their skin and get plastic surgery now, but this wasn't an option then, and it really should never have to be an option.

Secondly, your families chose to come here because they wanted to benefit from the opportunities that the country had to offer, right? Again due to the racist rich elites, your ancestors could still surpass the colored minorities who were already in this country after only a generation or two because they did not face color based discrimination. You and your familiies intended to become prosperous in a system that was only able to flourish because of past and present wrong doing. Yet you feel, it's out of your control and simply not your problem.

Your families moved into the grand mansion of America with the minority help still confined to a shack out back. Maybe you started in the basement when you first came, but your white ancestors had every opportunity to move up to the nicer floors with hard work simply becaue they were white. The minorities were still confined to the shack out back, due to no fault of their own but instead racist discrimination.

I am not going to pretend that all minorities are hard working today, because some of them are not, but that happened after many generations of abuse by society. Of course some were fortunate, but many were not and the legacy of what was done is still there today. You may find it hard to believe but there is plenty of racism today all over the world. Simply based on skin color.

The racist rich elite knew they could use the white population to turn a blind eye by promising most of them one step up above the minorities on the pyramid scheme. The white people never realized that the pyramid would keep getting taller, but they would never move up any higher but eternally stay one step above poverty. Now all white people direct all of theis misguided anger at the 2 or 3 minorities who the elite let into the top floors. Yeah that is really logical.

This is such a simplistic view of things, and all it does it combine everyone of a similar race together, and judge and condemn them for the actions of others. My family has barely been in this country for 100 years. My great grandfathers on both sides were immigrants.

The only thing I will agree with, is that some police are racist bigots. They are people, this is going to happen. It's sad but true. But it is not POLICY that is racist, or discriminatory. Where as POLICY is discriminatory against whites. That's the difference that I see.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I see no issue with it. I just found out from my 4ft10, 16yr old daughter that there are midget scholarships.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

reply to post by Vizzle

Like I said in the beggining. The white families who came over and made themself successful on the backs of minorities and the white poor are living pretty nicely and have managed to pass down the wealth to many generations.

You and your ancestors were very happy with the racist status quo when you thought all white people were being taken to paradise. Now the veil has been removed and you see the elite used your ignorant white guillible ancestors like whores and everyone else. Boo hoo, you thought you were special and should be entitled to things you never worked for.

LOL you just don't want to stop stereotyping white people do you? Have fun with that though!

It is very true minorities were taken advantage of by the rich, then became richer. I won't argue that. BUT what you again miss out on, is that WHITE minorities were also being held down and taken advantage of by WHITE rich elites. Irish, italians, they weren't treated much better if any than other immigrants.

And that still does NOT relate WHATSOEVER to me, or other white poor working class people, does it? I have no reaped any rewards of the advantages taken of minorities. The people that have, are rich people. And they care the same about all poor folks regardless of race.

You are getting more and more insulting and emotional with your posts. My ancestors are gullible whores... ok whatever man. You have a skewed, racist idea of the history of white people in this country. The history of white PEOPLE is varied. Some were racists, some were not. Some were rich, some were not. Some had power, some did not. Some took advantage of other, some GOT taken advantage of.

You speak with nothing to back it up. You call our ancestors racist without knowing any of us, or our ancestors. My ancestors are not responsible for slavery, the genocide of native Americans, absolutely none of it. Nor were my ancestors racist.

Entitled to things not worked for? You have no idea how ironic you sound. Because that is exactly what affirmative action and other minority exclusive support mediums are. It's them being given things they didn't work for. And my family has always worked for everything we had, thank you very much.

Yet you are perfectly within your right to continue spreading lies and attacking us and our ancestors simply for being white. But in doing so you are just as bad as the racist white folks you rally against so hard. You are keeping awful company.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Bachrk

She just barely made the cutoff =) Unlike Godzilla, at school size does not matter! Best of luck to her!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

LOL! We have no idea who your ancestors are, very true! Just like YOU have no idea who our ancestors are, YET you insult them and blame them for things they haven't even done. Quite a double standard!

Do you actually believe your own BS?

THIS is from your previous post:

reply to post by Vizzle

The white families who came over and made themself successful on the backs of minorities and the white poor are living pretty nicely and have managed to pass down the wealth to many generations.

You and your ancestors were very happy with the racist status quo when you thought all white people were being taken to paradise. Now the veil has been removed and you see the elite used your ignorant white guillible ancestors like whores and everyone else. Boo hoo, you thought you were special and should be entitled to things you never worked for.

Yeah we don't have to put words into your mouth, because they are right there on the page. You blamed us for what OTHER people's ancestors have done. Then claim that you're not doing that? Unbelievable!

If you complain about someone else's circumstances that you know nothing about and are bitter or angry at the next person it just makes you seem like a loser.

You keep describing yourself buddy. You are complaining about someone else's circumstance (us white people, with all of our privilege) who you know nothing about and seem pretty bitter and angry to be calling our ancestors whores. Take your own advice.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

So you are just full of your self? Then why do you keep saying "You" and "Your Ancestors" instead of "My" or "Our Ancestors"? Or do your ancestors not count? Of course not.

Unlike you I am not racist and I know that fair complexioned people from the European continent are all very different. When I said your ancestors, I meant YOUR ancestors, that is all. We likely do not likely come from the same bloodline unless you trace my DNA back over 10,000 years.

Plus how could you call me a liar. Do you have a journal that documents the belief system of your great grandfather or grandmother? Do you have a 200 year old diary that recounts that they lived a life shunning racist discrimination? Prove me to be a liar and tell me they that they rejected Jim Crow laws and segregation and fought for equal rights.

Source this please, I could use a scholarship =) And if you link to fastweb, I will literally die of laughter. I have a 3.72 gpa, and am a white male. Scholarship me plz. No source means once again, you are blowing hot air.

First off, I don't know what is your field of study or what school you to go because that plays a big part, Second off, it's not my job to find you scholarships that's your job. Practically EVERY school has a list of scholarships that all students qualify for.

Race is not an issue for most scholarships. However many of them are only available to high school students unless it has to do with specific field of study and then they offer scholarships depending on your field study. Please stop acting foolish.

www.freemason.org...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Do you have a 200 year old diary that recounts that they lived a life shunning racist discrimination? Prove me to be a liar and tell me they that they rejected Jim Crow laws and segregation and fought for equal rights.

A lot of our families werent even here 200 years ago. Besides the burden of proof should lay upon the person making the accusation.

You prove they were.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

If you really think about it, there are already plenty of scholarships for smart white men whether poor or rich to help educate themselves. These scholarships will likely be aimed at helping giving an edge to more low achieving white males, which is bad for the economy and is a waste of resources.

If a bunch of people want to get together and try to help low achieving white males get an extra helping hand it's their right to do so. However, this type of mindset is what ruined our country and economy in the first place.

I believe I've found a truly ignorant person here on ATS.
Sad to say.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Is this any different than the American Negro College fund?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
Is this any different than the American Negro College fund?

No.... except for the fact that the Negro College Fund actually gets funded lol

And that it's seen as righteous by most people, where as this is probably seen as racist my many.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I want to say thanks for all of the replies.

I also wish scholarships or admissions for that fact wasn't based on race. But the truth is that many are. We could sit here all day and debate what happened in the past, who has the advantage, or why such scholarships shouldn't exist. In the end, it doesn't resolve anything.

Organizations like LULAC and NAACP aren't going to change their method of awarding scholarships. They will still take care of their own. And if they can take care of their own then why shouldn't whites be given the same opportunity?

IMO, this has nothing to do with slaves, how whites had the power years ago, or any other logic along those lines. This is about giving an opportunity to a fellow American. The more we educate the better off we are.

The scholarship may be just $500 but it still helps.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Unlike you I am not racist and I know that fair complexioned people from the European continent are all very different. When I said your ancestors, I meant YOUR ancestors, that is all. We likely do not likely come from the same bloodline unless you trace my DNA back over 10,000 years.

Uhm, you do realize that this entire thread you have been spouting off white man hatred and racism, right? Do I need to go back and quote your hate? Seriously? You have spent a majority of your time in this thread race baiting. And I hope we don't share common ancestry.. I have this thing about racist people. We don't get a long.

Plus how could you call me a liar. Do you have a journal that documents the belief system of your great grandfather or grandmother? Do you have a 200 year old diary that recounts that they lived a life shunning racist discrimination? Prove me to be a liar and tell me they that they rejected Jim Crow laws and segregation and fought for equal rights.

If it walks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck,... it must be a duck. Burden of proof is actually your responsibility, since you are making the accusations.

First off, I don't know what is your field of study or what school you to go because that plays a big part, Second off, it's not my job to find you scholarships that's your job. Practically EVERY school has a list of scholarships that all students qualify for.

It is fairly apparent that you major in "Hatred for the White Man". I major in TRIFORCE.

Race is not an issue for most scholarships. However many of them are only available to high school students unless it has to do with specific field of study and then they offer scholarships depending on your field study.

race or gender define quite a bit of the scholarships that I have seen. which is why i said that "I completely agree with this. I think scholarships should be based on merit and need, not ethnicity or gender." you can actually read this on page 3 of this thread.

Please stop acting foolish.

I was just about to say the same thing.

BTW; your link to a scholarship = hot air. I do not fit the qualifications. Although, I will give you credit, it is not race based =)

edit on 1-3-2011 by Vizzle because: triforce

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Hi I am new here. I hope you don't mind my adding my two cents into this dicussion... but I couldn't help wondering about this white boy club.... is it open only to US citizens because I don't think anyone from my family got the memo.

My grandfathers were both immigrants one very white Danish man who died of emphazema from working both fields and mines under poor conditions while trying to support a family in a house that today would be condemned by the SPCA if you tried housing animals in it and the other a Scandinavian second generation American (that is his father came off the boat and settled in the states he grew up and moved to Canada) died young as well from cancer from working in the mines under poor conditions trying to feed his own kids. I'm sure either of them would have mentioned it to my father or uncles who had to work their very priveleged behinds off to pay for colledge if they were fortunate enough to go.

Come to think of it my own brother tried to become an RCMP officer and was told point blank that even though he was over qualified and they were crying for new recruits they couldn't take him because he wasn't a female or minority.

Darn if only we had known! Do your sponsors have any Canadian links we can check out? I'm tired of my husband working 12-18 hours a day trying to give us the very elite luxuries of life like food shelter clothing from the thrift stores...

a bentley would be very nice! very nice indeed!

As for the white scolarship I think it is great but I prefer the idea of no scolarships for anything but grades and financial status. But then what do I know I am supposed to be part of the elite white.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Do you have a 200 year old diary that recounts that they lived a life shunning racist discrimination? Prove me to be a liar and tell me they that they rejected Jim Crow laws and segregation and fought for equal rights.

A lot of our families werent even here 200 years ago. Besides the burden of proof should lay upon the person making the accusation.

You prove they were.

reply to marystilltoe:
See, my ancestors immigrated here from Europe about 200 years ago.
edit on 1-3-2011 by Vizzle because: nudity

Since you like to come in half way in the discussion and make stupid comments, I'll point you to the fact that the original poster made the claim that his ancestors were here for 200 years.. read please!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join