It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Group Launches Scholarship For White Males Only

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to marystilltoe:

So what you are saying is, if you are white, your ancestors stole things from minorities? What if.. i know i know... a what if... What if my ancestors didn't steal from minorities and didn't own slaves. What happens to your theory then? See, my ancestors immigrated here from Europe about 200 years ago. Never owned slaves... worked their butts off for what little they did have. My family is not rich, never has been. In fact... I come from a broken home. My father left my mother when I was 2. She worked 3 jobs so that myself, my brother and my sister could have a roof over our heads, and food in our bellies. But because I am white, I am privileged? I am attending college full time. I also work full time so that I can afford to go to college. I went through the process of filling out applications for scholarships. Do you know how many scholarships are out there for white males? How about black, hispanic, indian, eskimo, asian, and other ethnicities? The only thing that I did qualify for is a Pell Grant.

p.s. your racism is showing, you might want to tuck that in.

edit on 1-3-2011 by Vizzle because: nudity

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Vizzle

Now now, no need to tell these people about your family struggles. We are white males, and as such couldnt have possibly had any hardship to endure in life.

No need to mention that my family of poor Scots-Irish immigrants came to this country with little more than the rags on their backs and the shoes on their feet, only to be treated worse than the black population and forced to subside on next to nothing.

Never mind that my own mother worked third shift in a textile factory to feed and clothe three hungry kids, with little to no outside help. never once taking a food stamp, a handout or public assistance of any kind. Never mind the fact that when I was growing up we were poorer than many of the black families and other minorities in the community.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
To firstly address the defense a couple of white males use:

Yes, your simply being white is an advantage in this society. You may not have rich immediate family and you may not be aware of your family owning any slaves, but with your skin color you have an advantage on hispanic and black males.

You can move somewhere else and reinvent yourself and rub elbows with whatever wealthy white people you want by simply shaving and investing in nice threads. This isn't something minorities can do.

You can move to N. Dakota (or some other extremely racist section of the midwest) and decide to live the rugged life without the nearest neighbors looking at you strange and declaring, "You're a long way from home boi aren't ya!" You would be free to give up the city/suburban life and live in the woods and sticks and live like Daniel Boone.

You will not be pulled over and your vehicle searched for drugs by law enforcement for simply driving a nice vehicle...unless you are exhibiting traits of what's considered black culture, ie., loud music, dreads, hat to the back, rims, etc.

You can at any time blend into what is considered the norm of our society by simply shaving and placing a suit on. Minorities can not do this.

Coming from a white family you will have SOME TYPE of connection that can give you a upper hand. I have a white customer who is fresh out of a 7 year prison sentence. He needed food stamps for 1 month before someone his family knew pulled some strings to get him a job at a Mill making $22 per hour! This was astounding to me because I dealt with convicts frequently and especially the minorities, upon release they can't find jobs for at least six months. And when they do it's something paying $9 per hour. This white guy drove up to the office two months later in an Escalade and clean cut!

As a white male in America, you have an advantage on everyone else from jump, even if you come from a poor trailer park. You always have the ability of mingling with the rest of white America and being shown HOW to make money.

With all that I've said, I have no problem with this scholarship. It's terribly ineffective (isn't it only $500) and states someone only need be 25% caucasian! Even if it was as juicy as some of the minority scholarships (allegedly) I wouldn't have a problem.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

I think your post is foolish, being white is not some club... Nobody comes around and shows me or gives me squat,the majority of your post is based upon your prejudices and assumptions. I agree to some degree with the LEO profiling, but thats about it... Gonna go drive my Bentley to my secret honkey meeting now

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Reply to Vizzle and Black Ops:

Okay, so your direct ancestors were not around 400 years ago when the natives and africans were being killed, enslaved, and discrminated against, right? So why is that even your problem?

The one thing that stands out is that your families and the majority of your ethnic group were not forced to come to America. More importantly, even when white people were discriminated against because of their ancestry it was POSSIBLE for their children to assimilate and be accepted as equals. While all Europeans do not look the same, many of them could blend in by learning the language and losing their accent and by adopting the culture. They could even change their name if required. Natives and blacks could not change their color or their features. Do you see the difference? No matter how much they learned or tried to assimilate, they still were denied opportunities based only on their skin color. My mother always taught me not to make fun of something someone can't change. Well in the same, it's the worst kind of discrimination to use someone's skin color as reason for prejudice. I know people bleach their skin and get plastic surgery now, but this wasn't an option then, and it really should never have to be an option.

Secondly, your families chose to come here because they wanted to benefit from the opportunities that the country had to offer, right? Again due to the racist rich elites, your ancestors could still surpass the colored minorities who were already in this country after only a generation or two because they did not face color based discrimination. You and your familiies intended to become prosperous in a system that was only able to flourish because of past and present wrong doing. Yet you feel, it's out of your control and simply not your problem.

Your families moved into the grand mansion of America with the minority help still confined to a shack out back. Maybe you started in the basement when you first came, but your white ancestors had every opportunity to move up to the nicer floors with hard work simply becaue they were white. The minorities were still confined to the shack out back, due to no fault of their own but instead racist discrimination.

I am not going to pretend that all minorities are hard working today, because some of them are not, but that happened after many generations of abuse by society. Of course some were fortunate, but many were not and the legacy of what was done is still there today. You may find it hard to believe but there is plenty of racism today all over the world. Simply based on skin color.

The racist rich elite knew they could use the white population to turn a blind eye by promising most of them one step up above the minorities on the pyramid scheme. The white people never realized that the pyramid would keep getting taller, but they would never move up any higher but eternally stay one step above poverty. Now all white people direct all of theis misguided anger at the 2 or 3 minorities who the elite let into the top floors. Yeah that is really logical.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright
To firstly address the defense a couple of white males use:

Yes, your simply being white is an advantage in this society. You may not have rich immediate family and you may not be aware of your family owning any slaves, but with your skin color you have an advantage on hispanic and black males.

Oh really, where do I sign up? I would like to know, because I seem to have missed the application to the club. May not be aware of my family owning slaves? you are kidding, right?

You can move somewhere else and reinvent yourself and rub elbows with whatever wealthy white people you want by simply shaving and investing in nice threads. This isn't something minorities can do.

says who? Do they not allow minorities to shave or own a suit?

You can move to N. Dakota (or some other extremely racist section of the midwest) and decide to live the rugged life without the nearest neighbors looking at you strange and declaring, "You're a long way from home boi aren't ya!" You would be free to give up the city/suburban life and live in the woods and sticks and live like Daniel Boone.

Coming from a big city, I do believe they would still say "You're a long way from home boy aren't ya". They could probably tell just by the shoes. Why the hell would I ever want to move to North Dakota anyways?

You will not be pulled over and your vehicle searched for drugs by law enforcement for simply driving a nice vehicle...unless you are exhibiting traits of what's considered black culture, ie., loud music, dreads, hat to the back, rims, etc.

lolwhat? Poor me poor me. I have been pulled over. I have had my vehicle searched for drugs.

You can at any time blend into what is considered the norm of our society by simply shaving and placing a suit on. Minorities can not do this.

Lies. Go buy a suit and shave. Wear that suit.

I bet if you walked in to a store wearing that suit and groomed, instead of wearing your pants at the back of your knees, your grill in and acting "Hyphy" and "shakin yo' dreads" you would get the same response that I would dressed the same way.

Coming from a white family you will have SOME TYPE of connection that can give you a upper hand. I have a white customer who is fresh out of a 7 year prison sentence. He needed food stamps for 1 month before someone his family knew pulled some strings to get him a job at a Mill making $22 per hour! This was astounding to me because I dealt with convicts frequently and especially the minorities, upon release they can't find jobs for at least six months. And when they do it's something paying $9 per hour. This white guy drove up to the office two months later in an Escalade and clean cut!

Friends that have jobs usually get friends that need a job said job. Just how that works. Everywhere I have ever been employed. People employed say to friend "HAY WE HAZ OPENINGS! WANTZ A JOB?!". Friend goes and applies. Thats kind of how that works. Everywhere. Have you applied at the mill yet?

Sounds like you were more jelly at the Escalade than at the fact that he got a job.

As a white male in America, you have an advantage on everyone else from jump, even if you come from a poor trailer park. You always have the ability of mingling with the rest of white America and being shown HOW to make money.

I do believe they call that "College", and it is open to all, hence the scholarship topic.

With all that I've said, I have no problem with this scholarship. It's terribly ineffective (isn't it only $500) and states someone only need be 25% caucasian! Even if it was as juicy as some of the minority scholarships (allegedly) I wouldn't have a problem.

What if you had to be 75% white?
edit on 1-3-2011 by Vizzle because: nudity

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaryStillToe

Reply to Vizzle and Black Ops:

Okay, so your direct ancestors were not around 400 years ago when the natives and africans were being killed, enslaved, and discrminated against, right? So why is that even your problem?

Your words, not ours. You made it my problem by making your baseless claims.

You may want to learn about other cultures... and how they were treated when they came to the U.S. A Start just for you. Then read about how they were put to work on the railroads, just like the (omg) blacks and chinese. learn your history before you put your other foot in your mouth.

Secondly, your families chose to come here because they wanted to benefit from the opportunities that the country had to offer, right? Again due to the racist rich elites, your ancestors could still surpass the colored minorities who were already in this country after only a generation or two because they did not face color based discrimination. You and your familiies intended to become prosperous in a system that was only able to flourish because of past and present wrong doing. Yet you feel, it's out of your control and simply not your problem.

You really need to read a history book. This last quote shows your ignorance on the topic at hand.

Also, this statement negates your opening paragraph. Which is it? Cant have it both ways.

Your families moved into the grand mansion of America with the minority help still confined to a shack out back. Maybe you started in the basement when you first came, but your white ancestors had every opportunity to move up to the nicer floors with hard work simply becaue they were white. The minorities were still confined to the shack out back, due to no fault of their own but instead racist discrimination.

then what about this guy? Frederick Douglass. Does he not count? Just curious. Kinda sounds to me like he not only escaped from slavery, which is way more than you have had to overcome, or anyone you know for that matter. To becoming not only a leading abolitionist but also a statesman. Once again, I suggest you pick up a history book.

I am not going to pretend that all minorities are hard working today, because some of them are not, but that happened after many generations of abuse by society. Of course some were fortunate, but many were not and the legacy of what was done is still there today. You may find it hard to believe but there is plenty of racism today all over the world. Simply based on skin color.

Take responsibility for yourself. Quit placing blame on others. Step up. Go to school. Get good grades. Get on with your life.

The racist rich elite knew they could use the white population to turn a blind eye by promising most of them one step up above the minorities on the pyramid scheme. The white people never realized that the pyramid would keep getting taller, but they would never move up any higher but eternally stay one step above poverty. Now all white people direct all of theis misguided anger at the 2 or 3 minorities who the elite let into the top floors. Yeah that is really logical.

MaryStillToe, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
edit on 1-3-2011 by Vizzle because: more PWNage, less filling, and only 1/3 the calories

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

I wish it would go away too. But, if it wont go away, its the only way to make things fair.

Hopefully, it will raise awareness.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I have to admit it's not my first time at the rodeo when it comes to nonprofits.

Read the article and make your own decision as to whether this is a real scholarship fund or a political statement.
My green money is on "political statement" and that's fine except this one is kinda goofy imo.

www.statesman.com...

Here is the nitty gritty when it comes to this particular thread.

Bohannan said the group is raising money — as of Monday , the group had raised $485, according to its website — and that he hopes to award scholarships by July 4. The money can be used to go to any college, not just Texas State, Bohannan said.

$485.....

I think I'll send them a few bucks so at least they can binge for a couple of weekends. $485 won't go far these days.

I think reading the article that the thread is about should be mandatory or else you should be banned for failing to "Deny Ignorance"

I would have been gone a long time ago....

edit on 1-3-2011 by whaaa because: I can't stop laughing

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red
Gonna go drive my Bentley to my secret honkey meeting now

Shhh! Does nobody read the emergency memos anymore? Ixnay on discussing the ecretsay enefitsbay!

Two issues here.
Issue 1: No tax payer funded educational assistance should be based on race in any way shape or form. You either deserve a scholarship because you have traits (grades, desire, talents) that will reap the benefits of a secondary education which you likely couldn't afford left to your own devices or you don't deserve one at all. Things like race based scholarships are simply tools used to keep groups classified and at each others' throats by leaders on both sides of the argument.
Issue 2: This is a private group's scholarship. In my opinion, any private group or individual should be allowed to set any restrictions or qualifications they wish on doling out their own money. As long as common sense laws aren't being brokjen (ie: we don't want to start seeing scholarships that require sexual favors or gang style "jump-ins" as a prequalifier ) it's really nobdy's business outside of the granting group.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

Issue 1: No tax payer funded educational assistance should be based on race in any way shape or form. You either deserve a scholarship because you have traits (grades, desire, talents) that will reap the benefits of a secondary education which you likely couldn't afford left to your own devices or you don't deserve one at all. Things like race based scholarships are simply tools used to keep groups classified and at each others' throats by leaders on both sides of the argument.

I completely agree with this. I think scholarships should be based on merit and need, not ethnicity or gender.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

I agree completely. There was a time for "affirmative action" but that time is over. Its time for people to rise and fall based on their own merit, and its time to de-incentivize "victimhood."
edit on 1-3-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
What a joke scholarships based on skin color. If it would be based on the income of the parents fine but this is really racist (in any case white OR black)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Nice to see something like this.. having been told not only by colleges but also other Government programs and benefits, why, even when I applied for my first mortgage.... I am way to white, way to rich (and if I wasn't surely I must be hiding all that money somewhere) for me to get..... anything.

White straight men.. fastest dieing race on the planet.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
There are many things like this that are exclusive to non white males so i don't see a problem.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Vizzle

That was the worst rebuttal I have ever read. You didn't make a single valid point.

Like I said in the beggining. The white families who came over and made themself successful on the backs of minorities and the white poor are living pretty nicely and have managed to pass down the wealth to many generations.

You and your ancestors were very happy with the racist status quo when you thought all white people were being taken to paradise. Now the veil has been removed and you see the elite used your ignorant white guillible ancestors like whores and everyone else. Boo hoo, you thought you were special and should be entitled to things you never worked for.

You spend your time complaining about a few hundred bucks being given to a few minorities with impoverished backgrounds because you didn't study hard enough and some white guy was awarded the Ivy League scholarship money. Federal grants are and have always been based on family income, not race, which proves you have never gone to school. Of course you have been denied entrance into all the best schools in America because they full of minorities.

Keep feeling sorry for yourself. It's the truest sign of a loser. Keep on worrying and pointing fingers at the mexicans and the blacks while the far east has let themself in the back door and will have you grabbing your ankles in no time. You think you've seen unfair yet?

Very smart. There was a reason your genetic stock didn't make it very far, actually it's quite obvious.
edit on 1-3-2011 by MaryStillToe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Yup thats us. I don't hire minorities for the simple reason I'm too old to learn how to deal with their issues. I need projects done not hours kissing the rear of somebody that can't up without crying about all their problems that they create for themselves. It's all about the $$$ The average pay is about $1500 a week come to work do your job go home. Yes we give out a lot more money than $500 a lot.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaryStillToe
reply to post by Vizzle

LOL @ your entire post. you just brought tears of laughter to my eyes. Kudos to you. wow.

Personal attacks? Check
Name calling? Check
Misinformation? Check
Blatant Racism on your part? Check
Making things up? Check
Calling my Ancestors whores. Check
Threaten Asian Sodomy. Check
Lies. Check

That was the worst rebuttal I have ever read. You didn't make a single valid point.

you should probably re-read my post, and probably follow the link provided. At least I don't have to make stuff up.

Like I said in the beggining. The white families who came over and made themself successful on the backs of minorities and the white poor are living pretty nicely and have managed to pass down the wealth to many generations.

Actually, if you would have read a book, you would know that my ancestors worked side by side with yours on the railroads. We also got off boats in new york, and were enlisted on the spot for the union army during the civil war, (I.E. My ancestors died for your freedom) you have no idea what you are talking about. It truly shows. How sad.

You and your ancestors were very happy with the racist status quo when you thought all white people were being taken to paradise. Now the veil has been removed and you see the elite used your ignorant white guillible ancestors like whores and everyone else. Boo hoo, you thought you were special and should be entitled to things you never worked for.

lol. hatred much? do you know what you are talking about? Yeah, I guess starving to death during the great famine in Ireland would lead my ancestors who came here to believe that this was a paradise.. hell, there was food here. speaking of thinking you are special and entitled to things that you have never worked for....

You spend your time complaining about a few hundred bucks being given to a few minorities with impoverished backgrounds because you didn't study hard enough and some white guy was awarded the Ivy League scholarship money. Federal grants are and have always been based on family income, not race, which proves you have never gone to school. Of course you have been denied entrance into all the best schools in America because they full of minorities.

I didn't complain about money being given to minorities with impoverished backgrounds. Do not put words in my mouth. I did however, say that there were not any scholarships available to me. Are you on drugs? What proved that I have never gone to school? I am currently in school. I even said "All i got was a pell grant". Come back when you aren't high. I never said I was denied entrance to the best schools, once again, stop making stuff up. As a student in the Univ. California school system, I think my school is fairly decent. Thanks.

Keep feeling sorry for yourself. It's the truest sign of a loser.

Did you just call yourself a loser?

Keep on worrying and pointing fingers at the mexicans and the blacks while the far east has let themself in the back door and will have you grabbing your ankles in no time. You think you've seen unfair yet?

I have not pointed fingers at anyone. All I have said is don't judge me by my skin color, which you continue to do. Hell, if you want a quote from an earlier post, hows about this one:

"I completely agree with this. I think scholarships should be based on merit and need, not ethnicity or gender. "

Very smart. There was a reason your genetic stock didn't make it very far, actually it's quite obvious.
edit on 1-3-2011 by MaryStillToe because: (no reason given)

Pot, meet kettle.

Your racism is showing again dear. you may really want to take care of that. I haz duct tape if needed. you realize you seriously just lost all credibility in this argument. You should do yourself a favor and delete your account at this point.

edit on 1-3-2011 by Vizzle because: Asian Sodomy

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

if we go on numbers the whites are actually a minority as far as the latest census goes. I believe it not a product of race but what each person wants to do with said education. Affirmative action is wrong and holding all of us back and I am not saying just one race but all of them

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
By the title, one could assume this to be racist. However, I encourage everyone to visit all the links to get the complete view of what the Former Majority Association for Equality (FMAE) is trying to achieve. IMO, they are doing the same thing LULAC and the NAACP are doing. The FMAE state that they will not accept money from racist organizations such as the KKK.

Colby Bohannan said that when he first applied to college, his family didn't have a huge stockpile of money set aside to pay for school. He found many scholarships for women and minorities, but none aimed at people like him: white men. "I felt excluded," said Bohannan, a Texas State University student. "If everyone else can find scholarships, why are we left out?"

www.statesman.com...

CNN interview with President of FMAE.

CNN Video

If you wish to fill out the application below, you have to meet the following requirement.

Male- No less than 25% Caucasian

Currently enrolled in College/university or a High School Senior. If enrolled in Higher education must have 3.0 GPA.

Provide full and accurate information on application.

Application for Scholarship

FMAE Mission

We have a very simple mission: to fill in the gap in the scholarships offered to prospective students. There are scholarships offered for almost any demographic imaginable. In a country that proclaims equality for all, we provide monetary aid to those that have found the scholarship application process difficult because they do not fit into certain categories or any ethnic group.

FMAE website

Did a search but it didn't come up. Hope I put it in the right forum.

This should not be a problem at all the United Negro College Fund is morally accepted in America and segrigates race so why can't whites have the same. Al Sharpton will be all over this one I imagine. If everyone wants equal rights get rid of things like United Negro College Fund, NAACP, BET. Can't be treated as everyones equal if you differentiate yourself from others based on color. Equal rights is Equal rights not Equal for me but not for you.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join