It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USS Enterprise on its way to Libya as America and Britain ramp up threats to enforce no-fly zone abo

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Don't be pathetic.

I stopped reading your long post after the first three words..

If you only wish to insult someone for having an opinion well that's fine..
But if you wish them to read your post then maybe insult at the end..

I merely found the first sentence PATHETIC and stopped there..

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
The hypocrisy of the vocal nations as they talk about sanctioning Libya!

How can a western elitist sit there, openly admit as a government they have been supporting the rebel factions within Libya (with arms and aid), and then preach how people need to remain united.

How can these people then say we are not dividing up Libya yet are applying the 'Iraq' model to this place (and promoting sectarian violence)?

How can these same people sit there and talk about capturing the assets of Libya (oil, gas etc) and then at the same time say they will support the people of Libya?

How can they put sanctions on the Libyan government without causing even more hardship on the people of Libya, and then wonder why there are so many refugees?

Hippocratic Regimes are far worse than Tyrannical ones...

edit on 1-3-2011 by old_god because: Keyboard Warrior skills not yet perfected

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by old_god
The hypocrisy of the vocal nations as they talk about sanctioning Libya!

How can a western elitist sit there, openly admit as a government they have been supporting the rebel factions within Libya (with arms and aid), and then preach how people need to remain united.

How can these people then say we are not dividing up Libya yet are applying the 'Iraq' model to this place (and promoting sectarian violence)?

How can these same people sit there and talk about capturing the assets of Libya (oil, gas etc) and then at the same time say they will support the people of Libya?

How can they put sanctions on the Libyan government without causing even more hardship on the people of Libya, and then wonder why there are so many refugees?

Hippocratic Regimes are far worse than Tyrannical ones...

edit on 1-3-2011 by old_god because: Keyboard Warrior skills not yet perfected

of course they would say no foreign intervention, these groups are seeking power and credit. What must be done is send troops to take gadhafi out or make him yield. Most libyans citizens are caught up between all that mess and leaving the situation resolve itself is inhumane when international gov can easily do something. Whats with all the crisis relativism all of a sudden?
edit on 1-3-2011 by DuneKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

No worries. ATS is full of loonies these days who come up with the most ridiculous conspiracy theories possible. Theories that are all but plausible and without any solid argumentation. That's exactly the reason why we, the conspiracy community are considered to be nut jobs. Saying that the Rothschilds are involved in this because they have no control of Libya is an example of that, in my opinion.

edit on 1-3-2011 by Mdv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
saudi arabia is sending in the tanks.........
en.rian.ru...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Does Britain have any projection with their military anymore? No carriers, so any aircraft would need a runway. What's the political implications of Britain projecting from a nearby nation's airfields? Oh, yeah...Saudi Arabia. They are beyond any questions on human rights etc. They are the good guys -- at least until they are not.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

edit on 1-3-2011 by Badgered1 because: Double post

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Saudi tanks are sent to bahrain, why ????

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Badgered1
Does Britain have any projection with their military anymore? No carriers, so any aircraft would need a runway.

Or Britain uses her aircraft carrier HMS Illustrious, last I heard it was still in service.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
You've got to love us Brits haven't you!

David Cameron travels the middle east selling arms to tyrants and then sends our aircraft carriers (the ones which still have airplanes on them!) into the disputed area to possibly be shot down by the very weapons we just sold them!
You couldn't make it up...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
They are just talking about the possibility of a no fly zone by the way........

Meanwhile the cabinet has discussed Libya, including the possibility of a military no-fly zone over the country.

Not actually discussing doing it, yet......

The prime minister's spokesman said: "Clearly there are certain sets of circumstances where a no-fly zone may be appropriate, but we are not at that stage."

And Cameron hasn't told him to get out, he is putting pressure on..........

Prime Minister David Cameron said Britain needed to "plan for every eventuality" and to continue to pressurise and isolate the regime.

also in the news.....

Asked whether the UK would arm Gaddafi's opponents, Mr Cameron said contact was being made with them. "I don't think we should go beyond that for now," he added.

Libya unrest: UK prepared for humanitarian aid effort

edit on 1/3/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
so Britain's David Cameron is the new voice of world freedom? Obama was busy watching the oscars?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DuneKnight
so Britain's David Cameron is the new voice of world freedom? Obama was busy watching the oscars?

Only when it comes to other countries people!
I think he's trying to steal Tony Blairs title of being the most sycaphantic Prime Minister in the history of this once great nation...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by CholmondleyWarner

I think he's trying to steal Tony Blairs title of being the most sycaphantic Prime Minister in the history of this once great nation...

Im not british so i dont know. I like hes assertive and direct talk, he makes obama look really bad. I dont expect obama to get re-elected, the guy took like two weeks to make a decision whether to increase troops in afgan and took two weeks to side with egyptian people. And he did the same for Libya.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
War for oil battle cry doesn't fly here. We import .005 of our oil from Libya. Hell we bring in more from Belgium. I could probably go find a couple thousand barrels floating around the gulf to make up the difference.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans
War for oil battle cry doesn't fly here. We import .005 of our oil from Libya. Hell we bring in more from Belgium. I could probably go find a couple thousand barrels floating around the gulf to make up the difference.

i will let you in on a little secret: thats not how it works. Oil is not a commodity, its a currency.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
A killing vessel loaded with murderers is on it's way to kill more people. Some how, I'm not surprised.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by CholmondleyWarner

Im not british so i dont know. I like hes assertive and direct talk, he makes obama look really bad. I dont expect obama to get re-elected, the guy took like two weeks to make a decision whether to increase troops in afgan and took two weeks to side with egyptian people. And he did the same for Libya.

Actually, Obama makes Obama look bad. I don't think one can take 2 or 3 different positions on many issues and appear anything but weak morally and politically. Some Americans may be paying attention but many in other countries are.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills
I have a super bad feeling something big is going to happen. The Enterprise is the world's first nuclear powered aircraft carrier, the world's longest air craft carrier and it is the oldest air craft carrier in the U.S. fleet. Its been in service for 50 years! And its going to be retired in 2013. If theres a ship we could go without it would be the Enterprise.

I hope you are wrong, that ship has over three thousand crew on it! I am afraid it makes a lot of sense though and would be a cornerstone of furthering the decline of the United States which seems to be a clear goal of everyone involved in shaping the future right now.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

Me Too. Is'nt this like nostradomas stuff.

Some one was saying a guy dressed with a head scarf was going to start a world war.

Well this is the guy.

He has been sitting waiting to get his revenge for the us missle attack which took out his family early in the 80's I think that is what happened.

Pretty sure that if we go sticking our nose in thi one it may be the expense of one us air craft carrier.

He has the missle capability to launce about 4 or five at theair craft carrier.

I know they have pretty good defenses against the skud type missles but it is the silkworm and sunburstsunburn I forget the name. but those are the ones I worry about.

Guys on the boats stay alert stay alive.
get ready because this may get r]very bad in a split second.

This may be a green lite for china to make is move on Tiawan or Nrth korea to make a move on the south.

This is bad.... Very bad in deed.

I know for certian something is going to happen this year.
And I really see it happened just before us spring time to ease the suffering on the american people. As the winter would kill millions vs spring and summer.

Be prepared people.

Just noticed the other day that the one major supply that I was not i possion of was antibiotics. I would like to get some Cipro and z paks.

Anyone know of a legal wasy to obtain them.

I spoke with my doc and he would not give them out for this reason.

What the F.

I bet he has his own supply though. it is not fair.

Anyone here know how to legally obtain antibiotics for emergency prepardness kit. Checking with HSecurity web site .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join