It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USS Enterprise on its way to Libya as America and Britain ramp up threats to enforce no-fly zone abo

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

USS Enterprise on its way to Libya as America and Britain ramp up threats to enforce no-fly zone above Gaddafi

www .dailymail.co.uk

The U.S. Navy was repositioning its heavy-hitting warships around North Africa tonight as America and Britain dramatically increased pressure on Libyan leader Moammar Gaddafi.

The aircraft carrier USS Enterprise, which had been had been on pirate-hunting duty off the coast of Somalia, has now steamed to the mouth of the Suez Canal in the Red Sea.

The deadly strike force aboard the nuclear-powered carrier is already within flying distance of Libya but the Enterprise is said to be heading closer
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.thelocal.de
au.news.yahoo.com

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I just heard this very same thing on the news. I couldn't believe it really. I waited a while and didn't hear anything else about it so I looked it up here and no one apparently heard this here either.

It looks like they will set up a no fly zone over Lybia and begin bombing runs on Gaddafi. I've also read that thirty billion in assets have been frozen and that Clinton has called Gaddafi delusional. They also threatened his inner circle of support by telling them that they too will be held accountable.

British Prime Minister David Cameron has publicly said that he is working with allies to set up a no fly zone and that his message to Gaddafi is, "Go Now". He even threatened Gaddafi with military action. With the U.S. repositioning warships, amphibious landing craft and carriers, the threats are very real.

I just have to wonder how much it costs to move all of this hardware and keep it operational. Further, our commanders have signaled that the repositioning is for a possible humanitarian mission. An aircraft carrier? Amphibious landing craft? I can only guess what is in store for Lybia now.

www .dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 28-2-2011 by jackflap because: Beyond my control!

+23 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

I hope they don't save the people of Libya like they did to the people of Iraq or Afghanistan..

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
With all of our financial problems and two wars going on – how are 'we the people' supposed to take this?

Why can't we just stay out of the affairs of other nations and let them iron out their own differences. The USA props up too many dictators as it is, and now with this carrier battle group going to enforce the no fly zone – it will once again look like the USA is propping up a false government.

It seems TPTB want to stir up the American people into revolution. Unbelievable

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Very true my friend. I cannot help but think that occupation is on the agenda.

If Libyan strongman Moammar Gadhafi falls, his nation's ability to return to normal will depend in no small part on who controls its production of oil, which is synonymous with the Libyan economy. Oil accounts for anywhere from 70 percent to 90 percent of Libya's earnings from exports, and the shutdown of oil deliveries amid a widening conflict has sent global prices soaring. Though it has Africa's largest reserves, Libya isn't a major oil producer. It exports only about 1.2 million barrels a day, largely to Europe, while daily world demand totals about 88 million barrels a day, according to the International Energy Agency.

www.mcclatchydc.com...

Another little known fact is that over the summer there have been significant discoveries of huge oil reserves on land and in the ocean that Lybia controls.

Edited to say that I meant Egypt controls the new discoveries. Not Lybia, I am so confused.
edit on 1-3-2011 by jackflap because: Correction

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by kroms33

Why can't we just stay out of the affairs of other nations and let them iron out their own differences. The USA props up too many dictators as it is, and now with this carrier battle group going to enforce the no fly zone – it will once again look like the USA is propping up a false government.

Isn't that how it's supposed to work? You mean you haven't been conditioned properly? Just kidding. I am of the opinion that this was predicted a while ago. There are no surprises to those who are pulling the strings.

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

I hope they don't save the people of Libya like they did to the people of Iraq or Afghanistan..

Libya has the largest oil reserves in Africa.

That's exactly what's happening.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Another little known fact is that over the summer there have been significant discoveries of huge oil reserves on land and in the ocean that Lybia controls.

Doesn't that remind you of Afghanistan?
They suddenly found all them extra resources..I think a $trillion was mentioned..
But hey, we're only there to help the people..

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
One thing I know for sure ... when OTHER people want democracy and freedom for YOU ... you're pretty much screwed.

Or so says history anyway.

link   
Part of me says to stay the hell out of it, but the other part of me feels that the world should always be responding to ruthless dictators this way. Hopefully they stick to limited airstrikes and target only gadhafi and his thugs who are murdering their own people. The only time wars should be fought is to defend inocent lives from people like this. But part of me also has a concern about going into another oil producing country. As much as believe Suddam was a ruthless dictator I also feel that we didn't go there to free the people of Iraq. Would be nice if the U.N would be the banner that any military action is performed, but I doubt the have the guts to do anything but debate.

link   
One bad airstrike and all of this could backfire on the US.

I think the US should protect the skies to prevent Gaddafi from using his jets to commit mass murder, but that is as far as I go. Let the Libyans fight it out on the ground.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Egypt: no oil = no problem.

Libya: oil = big problem

Funny how that works. How about "Operation Independent Libya" or O.I.L. I think that has a nice ring to it!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by area6

Well, Ill be darned, yep I had to look it up to confirm and you are right:
www.eia.doe.gov...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Lets also keep in mind that Libya is one of those 5 evil countries without a Rothschild controlled central bank..

Meaning they're screwed....

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

Operation Independent Libya

I would prefer something like Operation Lybian Freedom. Or Operation African Storm. Or Operation Enduring Lybians.

Call me old fashioned but hey, they all hold a spot in my heart.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by area6

Originally posted by backinblack

Libya has the largest oil reserves in Africa.

That's exactly what's happening.

correct you are by the way have you or did you notice in the so called Libya interactive riots map on some news sites that much of these protests centers around Libyans oil faculties and oil headquarters, the protests dont happen in towns but rather outside near the oil areas.

And i still think when the media showed the protests and protester sign Oil for the west doesn't that ring a bell?
if you are protesting agaisnt your goverment why would a protester have a sign that says Oil For The West that really doesn't make any sense.
edit on 1-3-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I have a super bad feeling something big is going to happen. The Enterprise is the world's first nuclear powered aircraft carrier, the world's longest air craft carrier and it is the oldest air craft carrier in the U.S. fleet. Its been in service for 50 years! And its going to be retired in 2013. If theres a ship we could go without it would be the Enterprise.

Now I know we constantly have fleets in the Middle East rotating in and out and they haven't been attacked in forever, but what are the odds of the Iranian Navy finally getting warships in the Mediterranean and our oldest supercarrier being in the same place at the same time? What are the odds of Gadhafi launching one last attack in desperation to cling to power on our least-valued supercarrier that starts a full out war?

We also just started taking down Middle Eastern dictators like dominos and we have frozen at least $100 billion worth of assets with protests and international media pressure. Each dictator is going to be knocked down one by one unless they all ban together, which is exactly what we want them to do so we have a valid reason to annihilate them all at once.

Something has been planned and it sounds like the start of WW3. I hope Im wrong.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
my thoughts are that Mr Qaddafi will fall with style. we are going to find out what he has stashed in his arsenal when the right time comes and it looks to me soon.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

The aircraft carrier USS Enterprise, which had been had been on pirate-hunting duty off the coast of Somalia, has now steamed to the mouth of the Suez Canal in the Red Sea.

That is the funniest thing I have ever read.

If the BIG E was a huntin' pi-rates, they's all daid. All daid, all of 'em, no more problem.

edit on 1-3-2011 by Chakotay because: Tried to Outsail E On A Reach, But Got Keelhauled... Arrrgh... I Got A Star From A Plankholder... Arrgh...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

Though I don't deny some truth in your theory I'd draw the line at ONE Iranian warship with a supply ship taking on the USS Enterprise carrier group..

Some think Iran silly but c'mon..That's suicidal...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join