It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Technical glitch hits Commonwealth Bank

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Technical glitch hits Commonwealth Bank

www.abc.net.au

ome Commonwealth Bank customers have been unable to use online banking, ATMs and EFTPOS services due to a technical glitch.

A Commonwealth spokesman says the problems arose during overnight maintenance, but the bank expects full service to resume by this afternoon.

The bank has urged any customers needing to make transactions to go to their local branch.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
search.twitter.com
www.smh.com.au
edit on 28-2-2011 by lavenlaar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
News coming through via MSM now and twitter is that the Commonwealth Bank experienced some problems this morning, but now the ATMs are apparently dispensing thousands of dollars that people do not have in their accounts.

Be warned that ATms keep track of who and when and what people withdraw.

Is this a plight on modern society and the cost of living expenses in Australia currently? Good to hear some people walking back into the bank to re-deposit. Maybe they should withdraw as much as you can and walk back in to stop others. I am not their customer, but these people are BLATANT THIEVES ! and should be prosecuted.

via twitter - search.twitter.com
www.abc.net.au

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
been having trouble with BoA's site all day.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
i used to work in the CBA call centre, its news like this that makes me glad i dont now!!!

ps to the guy who was complaining about his issues with BoA? how is bank of america issues related to commonwealth bank of australia??

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
You know if an ATM gave me money I hadn't asked for, I would consider it a gift, end of story.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

my first thought was "is it an attack on the banks" this morning, never had this much trouble before.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaleshchand
You know if an ATM gave me money I hadn't asked for, I would consider it a gift, end of story.

you kidding me .. read your fine print. It's illegal & fraudulant.

This just over, the bank announced that the ATMs are in 'offline' mode, where customers are able to take out their daily limit (avg $500).

Just had 1 guy come in with wads of 50's and asked he went to the commonwealth and he did. I did state that it was HIS MONEY, accounts in overdraft, and not to spend it otherwise when the bank comes back online later, their accounts will be in the negative and therefore pay overdraft fee $27 and any other fees associated.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by lavenlaar

Yes, they were still out an hour ago when I went shopping..
Though I'm known in my shop so I just signed the docket..

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Yes multiple banks and financial institutions are being attaked by a Rook coming down the center file:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Really? I went shopping for clothes this afternoon and used EFTPOS with no problems, maybe 2 and half hours ago. Didn't know there was a problem with the Commonwealth Bank until I logged on here. But I'll be watching very closely that my pay goes in tomorrow!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by heffo7

Really? I went shopping for clothes this afternoon and used EFTPOS with no problems, maybe 2 and half hours ago. Didn't know there was a problem with the Commonwealth Bank until I logged on here. But I'll be watching very closely that my pay goes in tomorrow!

Yep, I used coles..Had to sign the docket rather than enter my pin..

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Sometimes when I shop at Coles the transaction goes through okay, but then doesn't appear on my bank statement for up to a week later. Almost been caught short a couple of times. Not saying that Coles is the problem, but I don't understand why the transaction gets approved, but the money isn't taken out straight away. But this is one of those occasions where I'd be happy if they take a week!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
my Commonwealth Eftpos and paypass is working fine

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
A technical glitch might hit Ralph Norris with any luck.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by lavenlaar

News coming through via MSM now and twitter is that the Commonwealth Bank experienced some problems this morning, but now the ATMs are apparently dispensing thousands of dollars that people do not have in their accounts.

Be warned that ATms keep track of who and when and what people withdraw.

Is this a plight on modern society and the cost of living expenses in Australia currently? Good to hear some people walking back into the bank to re-deposit. Maybe they should withdraw as much as you can and walk back in to stop others. I am not their customer, but these people are BLATANT THIEVES ! and should be prosecuted.

via twitter - search.twitter.com
www.abc.net.au

Why are these people BLATANT THIEVES?!!!

These people are at worst opportunists - this scenario is just the same as if the bank opened the window and threw the money out into the public domain.

I personally suspect the bank does NOT know who got how much - if they did, why not send the customer a letter, or retrieve the money from the account (or put it into overdraft)?

Why do they instead use tax-payers money by involving the police and getting them to do their dirty work?

No sir, it is the BANK who is the thief in this situation, and, in my experience, many others.

new topics

top topics

join