It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Rosemary’s Baby” and the Dark Side of Hollywood

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Isn't it very strange that so many Hollywood productions whether it's made for television movies or feature films in theaters seem to have a way that relates to real life. Of course there's the based on true event or life stories, but the science fiction, or occult ones, their the real interesting ones that seem to be coming to life. Seem to be like, "hey we want you to know something, or here's a little something that maybe you should know, or hint, hint." Or it's just the way they desensitize everyone for what's to come.

Roman Polanski’s “Rosemary’s Baby” and the Dark Side of Hollywood By VC | February 26th, 2011 | Category: Featured Posts, Movies and TV | 166 comments The 1968 movie “Rosemary’s Baby” is one of Roman Polanski’s most chilling and acclaimed productions. The film describes the manipulation of a young woman by a high-society occult coven for ritualistic purposes. The movie’s unsettling quality does not rely on blood and gore but on its realistic premise, which forces the viewers to ponder on the likelihood of the existence of elite secret societies. Even more unsettling are the eerie real life events that surrounded the movie involving ritualistic killings and MK Ultra. We will look at the symbolic meaning of “Rosemary’s Baby” and the stranger-than-fiction events that followed its release.

vigilantcitizen.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

Although articles on the Vigilant Citizen usually pertain to new releases, a look at the past is often necessary to better understand the present. The state of today’s Illuminati pop culture is not a spontaneous trend that sprung out of nowhere. Rather, it is the result of years of occult influence on the entertainment industry and the gradual conditioning of the masses to certain messages and symbols. Although pop culture has always been tainted by the elite’s agenda to shape and mold young minds, it is during the 60s and the 70s that MK-Ultra stooges and dark secret societies became visible parts of the mix. The need to quell the anti-war and anti-establishment movements of the 60′s forced the elite to infiltrate and disrupt the culture. A series of destabilizing events occurred to shock idealistic minds and heroes became enemies. The “Peace and Love” of the 60s became Charles Manson and '___' in the 70s

Roman Polanski’s Rosemary’s Baby and its story about the manipulation of a young woman by an elite witch coven to carry and give birth to the Anti-Christ captured the mindset of this era and became symbolic of the irreversible shift that happened in the late 60s. However, it is the real life events surrounding the movie that truly defined this era: Less than a year after the release of Rosemary’s Baby, Roman Polanski’s pregnant wife was ritualistically murdered by members of the Charles Manson family. This horrific event brought a brutal end to the “good vibrations” of the 60s and is viewed by many historians as pivotal moment in American history. We will look at the symbolic meaning of Rosemary’s Baby and analyze the strange events surrounding it, which involve occult secret societies, mind control and ritualistic murders.

Roman’s Polanski’s 1968 movie is a faithful adaption of Ira Levin’s best-selling novel that appeared only a year before. Although it contains no blood or gore, Rosemary’s Baby is considered to be one of the scariest movies of all time. Why? The creepy nature of the film is not in its special effects, but in its realistic premise. The story takes place in a real apartment building (the Dakota) that has a real reputation of attracting eccentric elements of New York’s high society. The evil coven is not composed of stereotypical, pointy-nose witches but of friendly neighbors, prestigious doctors and distinguished individuals. They are elegant, rational and intelligent and are connected to important people. The realism of the movie forces the viewers to ponder on the existence of such groups, to a point that some feared that the movie, after its release would cause an all-out witch hunt. Rosemary’s manipulation is also extremely realistic, causing the viewers to think: “It could happen to me”.

vigilantcitizen.com...
edit on 28-2-2011 by hawaii50th because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
No, it isn't strange when art imitates life or vice-versa. Movies, stamps, comic books and music often reflect the subject matter, styles and mores of their day.

Expect to see many more movies which parallel popular subjects. Data gathering and compilation of demographic targets is nothing new. Bots monitor posts and the hot buzz is next months film production script.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
That's because Hollywood is run by Satanists that promote promiscuity, drunkenness, drug use, and homosexuality as normal. They are seeking to destroy the family.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

I see more to it than that, it's like they say, "a real magical world in Hollywood" and they are talking in terms of real magic of the occult kind. There is a dark side to what goes on behind the scenes that most people don't even realize exist. It's just brushed off like in the way you just explained it, but little does people know and understand the significance of where the inspiration and ideas materialize from. Yes it's from the mind, but how did it get there in the first place. Where did the notion come from to strike up the imagination to put these forms up on the big screen? They come to be realized from in the shadows of the dark side that exist in Hollywood and from far beyond that.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawaii50th

I see more to it than that, it's like they say, "a real magical world in Hollywood" and they are talking in terms of real magic of the occult kind. There is a dark side to what goes on behind the scenes that most people don't even realize exist. It's just brushed off like in the way you just explained it, but little does people know and understand the significance of where the inspiration and ideas materialize from. Yes it's from the mind, but how did it get there in the first place. Where did the notion come from to strike up the imagination to put these forms up on the big screen? They come to be realized from in the shadows of the dark side that exist in Hollywood and from far beyond that.

The last paragraph in your first post stated Rosemary's Baby was adapted to screenplay from a book written by Ira Levin. Best-selling novels being adapted to the silver screen is nothing new. Popular comic book stories are often adapted to movies. Take a look at the authors of these best-sellers. One title may have come from a long-time best-selling author in New Hampshire, another might have been written by a first time published house wife in Pismo Beach. I highly doubt either of these writers are satanists. And I doubt that Ira Levin or Roman Polanski are into devil worship as well.
I realize it's popular on ATS to see the world through paranoid conspiracy Ray-Bans. If you took the time to think with logic and rationalize a bit you may see reality. But since "only thinking makes it so" I've no doubt your opinion will be the majority in this thread.
The entertainment world is like any other business in America. Money and power corrupt. Those with the power to hand out high-paying roles and make or break an actors career sadly may wield that influence to put the hopeful actor into compromising positions. Artistic types - whether writer, actor, musician, artist - are often 'flakes', very sensitive, and more prone to trying things on the fringe culture of life. This behavior is not societies norm and is looked down upon by many. Recreational drug use, alcohol abuse or sex beyond the missionary position does not make one a satanist.
I do think that major films have an incredible impact on American audiences. Far too many people seem to take their cues from behavior, dialogue and styles they see in movies or on television. That does not mean the writer, actor and union workers that are involved in a project are satanists. It is just evidence that we have too many people in America that are easily swayed by things they see, and they probably aren't strong thinkers.
Going through life believing conspiracies exist around every corner is self-defeating. You can talk yourself into or out of anything you want in life, but that doesn't mean you are correct. Unproven conspiracy theory just means you are scared, paranoid and semi-delusional. You has no proof of what you are writing, and there is a big difference between fact and suspicion.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

That part about recreational drug use, alcohol, and sex is where you failed to be truthful about that by watering it down to make it sound as though these are just everyday things not to be worried about or considered to be serious break downs in society.
You live in a box, you don't like looking out of the box. You just contradicted yourself by admitting to...

The entertainment world is like any other business in America. Money and power corrupt. Those with the power to hand out high-paying roles and make or break an actors career sadly may wield that influence to put the hopeful actor into compromising positions. Artistic types - whether writer, actor, musician, artist - are often 'flakes', very sensitive, and more prone to trying things on the fringe culture of life. This behavior is not societies norm and is looked down upon by many. Recreational drug use, alcohol abuse or sex beyond the missionary position does not make one a satanist. I do think that major films have an incredible impact on American audiences. Far too many people seem to take their cues from behavior, dialogue and styles they see in movies or on television.

You miss the most important aspect and usefulness of the media when it comes to corrupt people with evil intentions. The most useful to the rich and powerful are those in the media world, everything from news reporters, actors and actresses, directors, producers, and on and on, and lets not forget, politicians.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawaii50th

That part about recreational drug use, alcohol, and sex is where you failed to be truthful about that by watering it down to make it sound as though these are just everyday things not to be worried about or considered to be serious break downs in society.
You live in a box, you don't like looking out of the box. You just contradicted yourself by admitting to...

The entertainment world is like any other business in America. Money and power corrupt. Those with the power to hand out high-paying roles and make or break an actors career sadly may wield that influence to put the hopeful actor into compromising positions. Artistic types - whether writer, actor, musician, artist - are often 'flakes', very sensitive, and more prone to trying things on the fringe culture of life. This behavior is not societies norm and is looked down upon by many. Recreational drug use, alcohol abuse or sex beyond the missionary position does not make one a satanist. I do think that major films have an incredible impact on American audiences. Far too many people seem to take their cues from behavior, dialogue and styles they see in movies or on television.

You miss the most important aspect and usefulness of the media when it comes to corrupt people with evil intentions. The most useful to the rich and powerful are those in the media world, everything from news reporters, actors and actresses, directors, producers, and on and on, and lets not forget, politicians.

Recreational drug use, alcohol and sex -are- everyday occurrences and no, they are not the breakdown of society. When the land we call USA was inhabited by the natives we call Indians there was drug use. Marijuana, psilocybin mushroom and peyote are all natural gifts of nature that our government choses to label as drugs and declared them illegal. Indians in America used these substances in rituals. There was drug use of other sort in other countries long before the USA came to be. Opium dens of the Orient flourished before america existed. Peasants in areas like Bolivia have been chewing coca leaves for the longest time. Mankind experimenting and using drugs is not only normal, it is natural and healthy. It is part of mankinds life experience. We are inquisitive and experimental by nature.
Likewise, alcohol was being fermented, distilled and consumed long before the USA existed. You know this, and you know people have been enjoying sex for a few years too. I've had sex, and aside from being useful for procreation, it can be a thrilling and exhilarating experience.
This indicates that you, dear OP, may be the person living in a box.
Furthermore, your statement "You miss the most important aspect and usefulness of the media when it comes to corrupt people with evil intentions." is completely incorrect. I am well aware that manipulation of minds through media exists, it is the entire reason it exists! Even in a pure & innocent children's Disney cartoon there is manipulation as the viewer is drawn into the story and entertained.
Yes, we are all aware that media has been a slanted propaganda tool of manipulation at many levels by many people the world over. I did not state this does not exist.
I can't help but notice you have abandoned your original post statements focusing on black magic in Hollywood ( I do apologize for not remembering your exact words ). Again I state that you have no proof of what you were making claims of in your original post. Your reply does support your statement.
Feel free to think I am a person in a closed box. Anyone reading our entire thread will see you have not supported your viewpoint, you twice failed to give a speck of legitimacy to your original claim, and it is you that has lead the closed box life. Perhaps you should be able to back up what you are stating online. You offer me no further input to support or explain your original statement. When you are unable to provide intelligent statements with which to sway my opinion you choose the cheap way out with (again) an opinion, that I live in a box and don't like looking out of my box.
Please share with us all these facts you have that inspired your original post. You've got nothing, your realization of this frustrates you, so you resort to the living in a box crack. Thank you for sharing.

top topics

join