It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin Rep loses it on the floor w/video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Let me start by quoting from the former Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi " But we have to pass the bill in order for you to see it" anyone remember that famous quote from the great Health Care Bill. So much for the transparency...so let's see how Karma works in the Political world and please take note to this Rep from Oshkosh Wisconsin who happens to also be a democrat...please listen in around 2:20 as he explains how a bill should not be rushed through and how important it is for peopel to read it..."if you wanna jam through a bill you have to sit through the messy process that is democracy" and keep in mind this bill was 144 pages..Rep Ranthow big were some of the other bills that were given just days to look at.... what comes around goes around and now you know how the rest of us felt with healthcare and all the other accoutrements thought fit to shove down our throat.

Now this is not about left or right it's about their own crappy agendas that exploit the common person from one side or the other to get outraged over a seemingly legit situation. Two wrongs don't make a right but all parties should have sat at the table for this one rather than skipping out to some resort..what's worse is he threatens one of the other politicians who happens to be a women..please also keep in mind that just one week earlier, Hintz had been cited in connection to a busted prostitution ring and for violating a city sexual misconduct ordinance in Appleton.

By the looks of this website www.theblaze.com it certainly leans to the right but I thought the video of this guy losing his marbles was worth a look.
edit on 28-2-2011 by chrismarco because: sorry typo

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
This statement says it all...

Hintz said. “I apologized when I learned my comments may have been taken personally by someone.”

Notice he didn't say, "What I said was wrong and inappropriate". Instead, he insists what he said shouldn't have been taken personally. How else would his outburst have been taken?

ETA: Maybe he should give that same speech to Wisconsin's Democrat Senators who fled the state, rather than "sitting through the messy process of democracy".
edit on 28-2-2011 by WTFover because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
never mind
edit on 28-2-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Classic Neocon agenda thread against the middle class and trying to propagandize the public for a corporate oligarchy. This is why the "source" is The Blaze, Glenn Beck's private website.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Classic Neocon agenda thread against the middle class and trying to propagandize the public for a corporate oligarchy. This is why the "source" is The Blaze, Glenn Beck's private website.

Classic liberal diversionary post, trying to distract from the message by denigrating the messenger. Regardless of who presented it, the video is the same. The guy's speech is the same. The hypocrisy is the same. Did you even listen to that youtube video? Did you hear him say a week wasn't enough time for him to read a 144 page bill?

Just in case you didn't watch it, because it was embedded on The Blaze, here it is.

If you don't like that one, here's a different angle of the same speech, presented on MSNBC

edit on 1-3-2011 by WTFover because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

ok so it's not ok that the Democratic controlled congress passes a large health care reform bill that took OVER A YEAR to pass, but it's OK to pass a budget overhaul bill in 4 days?

On what Bizzaro world does that make sense?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by WTFover

ok so it's not ok that the Democratic controlled congress passes a large health care reform bill that took OVER A YEAR to pass, but it's OK to pass a budget overhaul bill in 4 days?

On what Bizzaro world does that make sense?

Wow! Who are you trying to convince of all that BS?

1) The final health care bill was 2074 pages, while the Wisconsin budget repair bill was 144 pages. And, do I really need to repost the Pelosi video? ("We have to pass the bill so you can see what's in it")

2) Where do you come up with 4 days? There are news articles, all over the web, breaking down Walker's bill at least as far back as Feb. 10th. So, the notion that the Democrat Assemblymen were denied ample opportunity to study it is simply a lie. At the minimum, there were 15 days for review.

3) As a matter of fact, it was time enough for the Democrats to compose and introduce over 100 amendments.

4) 60 hours of debate (supposedly the longest in recent history) took place before the vote, after Democrats agreed to limit debate to 10 minutes for each of only 38 amendments.

5) The budget repair bill concerned $137 million. The health care reform bill concerned $940 billion. Hmmmmm?

Do I need to go on?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

You're both spouting the classical party-line b.s

Seriously, Deny Ignorance and accept that both parties are full of # and stopped caring about Americans a long time ago.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Yeah way to go reading the post all the way through...typical response from someone who doens't read the entire post..

"Now this is not about left or right it's about their own crappy agendas that exploit the common person from one side or the other to get outraged over a seemingly legit situation. Two wrongs don't make a right but all parties should have sat at the table for this one rather than skipping out to some resort..what's worse is he threatens one of the other politicians who happens to be a women..please also keep in mind that just one week earlier, Hintz had been cited in connection to a busted prostitution ring and for violating a city sexual misconduct ordinance in Appleton.

By the looks of this website www.theblaze.com it certainly leans to the right but I thought the video of this guy losing his marbles was worth a look."

So what is my agenda????

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Well said...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I make no bones about my support for Ron Paul.....But I loved that guys passion and he sounded like a real true red white and blue American that has had it with the BS games by todays corporate bought career politicians....
I would vote for this guy on principle alone........you fools that think the D or R matter....continue your pointless fighting.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

I have said it a few times on ATS if we could just get rid of the two party line I think politicians would be held to a different standard and as silly as it may sound one would hope that people would learn to accept multiple points of view rather than hiding behind their political affiliations....yes that was one big run on sentence..

new topics

top topics

join