It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kundalini Cobra Awakening: Ancient, Mystical, Forbidden Knowledge!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by ipsedixit

Millions of people worldwide do hatha yoga. You must be one of the rare ones who felt damaged by it.

What I was doing was a regime involving asanas, bandas and pranayama that had been prescribed for someone by an Indian guru. This regime was focused on opening the door to spiritual awakening. Most hatha yoga is done for physical benefits and innocuous mental benefits, which are certainly worthwhile, but, not the focus of hatha yoga practices done by sadhus in India

Most yoga teachers and most yoga practitioners would never approach the sort of thing I was doing. I'm not remotely trying to put yoga teachers on the hot seat with my posts.

Sadhus:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1ed23af1772c.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 5-3-2011 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Thank you for your replies and insight. I hope you understand how invaluable it is for those of us on the path (or as in my case, for those whose path chose them, willing or unwillingly). From what you said I understand more of why yogani recommends the type of mantra meditations he does even though my preference is with silent meditation. I believe kundalini awakening is possible using any discipline that works with the body and mind, and so learning how to prepare should be part of any discipline one follows. The determining factor appears to be one's past experience with it, which to most people remains an unknown.

I still wonder, what methods for preparation/purification are available, and how one chooses among those so that it is most appropriate for their own needs.

Among the most viable ones I have come across involve doing pranayama and following that with meditation. Another one I think is implied comes out of regular meditation and into everyday life, or stated otherwise, how well meditation can help deal with everyday life circumstances ranging from the most subtle to the most extremes. A final one is doing any sort asanas, especially those that involve the spine. I am completely uncertain whether parallel practices like standing like a stake or 8 brocades qualify as preparation/purification.
*edit to add: mantra meditation is in itself a means of purification
edit on 5-3-2011 by pilotx because: forgot to mention

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

I've heard that hypoglycemia is sometime's called the Chela's disease because many devotees become vegetarian and don't get enough protein.

As far as I've understood, the problem is not protein, it's vitamins like B12, which you get out of milk i.e.

When starting to practice yoga and prayanama, the body starts to rejects poisons and heavy food, such as red meat etc. It kind of forces or instructs you to live certain way. I've almost quit smoking because of yoga, simply because it makes me feel like [snip].

It's part of the detox and purification I guess. Also, I don't mind the more esoteric and powerful forms of the tradition to keep their status, because when they get mainstream, they're constantly attacked by moronic (mostly Christian) fundamentalists who have no idea what they're talking about.

Some tips that defenitely won't harm you:

- Quit drugs, alcohol and smoking
- Go vege
- Meditate

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Tryptych

Ah, yes that is true that Vit B 12 is extremely essential and harder to get for vegetarians. I got very into the health food scene when I started my yoga regimen. Back in the 70's it was really considered New Age avante garde. To this day, one of my favorite things is to go to a health food store. Whole Foods just put a new big store in my area, made me very happy. I'm like a kid in a candy store there.

And yah, I found myself getting defensive when confronted with the debunker types. But I like this thread, because for once, I'm not out of place when discussing esoteric subjects. I have a stellium of planets in my 8th house(ruled by Scorpio, deals with death, regeneration, the occult, inheritance, taxes), and Neptune in the 9th house(higher learning). This is my comfort zone.
edit on 5-3-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by pilotx
I still wonder, what methods for preparation/purification are available, and how one chooses among those so that it is most appropriate for their own needs.

If you know how to raise kundalini, it is rediculously easy to do it.

That's part of the problem. If one isn't properly prepared mentally, i.e., intellectually and philosophically, or, emotionally and devotionally, there is a risk of bringing problems into one's life, of the sort that I alluded to earlier.

Sometimes music teachers say that in learning a piece of music, "slow is fast", meaning you will learn faster if you go slow and patiently. The same is true in meditation.

Suppose there was a method of meditating that would allow you to raise kundalini safely, without a worry of bad consequences, but it would only work if you abandoned trying to raise kundalini completely. Would you be interested in doing that, or would you stick to "trying actively to raise kundalini" and accept the risks?

In these endeavours, egotism is the enemy.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Hi ips, my trip to the Ganges for the festival was truly an amazing experience. I did wander the streets a bit during the day, and some of our group visited some of the different encampments. Mostly, every one greeted all with decorum and a kind of sweetness. Then we saw the group of Naga Sadhus, and I was told they can be dangerous and put curses, and it was best to stay clear. I found a blog yesterday, where the guy describes his experience with that also, but I did not post it because there was nudity. I did stay in an ashram, as I was invited by some Hindus from Queens NY to travel with them, and I was therefore invited to stay at the ashram. There were many Sadhus who stayed there, and they slept on blankets on the ground, with just a little hay for some bedding. It was very austere. The rest of us had little private rooms constructed with metal. These Sadhus were very suspicious of me, a caucasian woman, but eventually over the week there, they began to regard me as more part of the group. But this group of Sadhus were like the regular ones, who wear the orange robes.

The Sadhus are ascetics who wander and either have no family or left their families. The story of Prince Siddhartha is interesting in that he was Royalty and left the Palace to pursue the ascetic life. He was only later called Gautama Buddha. One must remember that Buddha was Hindu Prince and steeped in all the Hindu ways. His mission was to bring compassion and freedom from the caste system, which has a heavy influence in daily life in India. Later, when Buddhism was brought to China, Tibet, Japan, and other places, the various sects of Buddhism sprang up. Also regarding Buddha, he gave up the severe asceticism, and this is how the concept of the Middle Way came about. I love the movie "Little Buddha", as it gives a nice synopsis of the life of Buddha.

I mention this, because in India, the Brahmins are allowed to leave their homes and families to pursue enlightenment. If someone does that here in the States, they would be considered runaway dads. Again, the point I am making is that there are cultural differences, like in any religion, and one must balance the inner life with the outer duties and responsibilities. This is where we are called to be practical in our spirituality. This is what I advocate, always.

The Western life does not support the system of Brahmanism and yogic life the same way it is supported by the culture in India. People who give their lives to God usually enter the monastic life in the Christian system. We have seen the destruction when in the monastic life, priests are not given real keys to the understanding of kundalini, and we have seen that some have lost their vows in the process.

I have done other things in my lifetime, not the least of which was motherhood and devotion to my family. I also have pursued the art of ballroom dance and a degree in IT as well, during which for me was a time of intense mental application. I just have a very esoteric outlook on life, but that does not mean that I don't have exoteric interests. We are meant to outpicture our mastery in all that we do.

Namaste

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

So, you are in Toronto I see. I met an Indian from Toronto, who authored a very nice travel booklet for the city of Toronto. He told me that he believed I worshiped goddess Sri Lasksmi in a past life, and indeed I have statues and pictures of her in my home. I also have an Indian friend in Ottawa who told me he felt that I had a "Hindu soul". It is easy to see how one carries elements from one lifetime to the next, as the Hindu philosophy and yoga practice came easy to me.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Tryptych

What if you really like meat though? I mean it just doesn't seem right that you have to be a vegetarian. I'am pretty sure you can get by with eating meat. Do you think that the "sickness" from doing so while meditating is all in your head. I mean if everyone told you your going to feel a certain way while doing something. Wouldnt this then make you look for that. But if you didnt know prior would you? Thats the question.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

It is easy to see how one carries elements from one lifetime to the next, as the Hindu philosophy and yoga practice came easy to me.

I'm sure you are an old soul. I enjoyed reading your posts. I hope you are able to send some of your warmth to our leaders and to the Middle East where people really need to let up on each other a little. You can do it.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I'd like to hear more experiences about this meditation. And I'm also interested in this "spiritual" world people are talking about. I've reached it a time or 2 but can't say I'm and expert in the field. Instead of going on about primitive belief systems and all that. Lets try to help eachother understand this "consciousness"
edit on 5-3-2011 by Vicarious10000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Kundalini Awakening actually means that your body returns to it naturally state. It has nothing to do with enlightenment and the spiritual search. Indeed every kind of search has to come to an end for this phenomenon to occur.

The Chakras aren't energy centers, they are the ductless glands in your body. When the process takes place those glands return to their natural functioning. In this process everything you have learned, everything that is cultural is removed from your body, so it can function in it's natural state. The "I" will vanish, together with your body consciousness. Thinking will lose it's continuity.

So the bad thing is, that's probably not what you are interested in. The good thing is as long as you are on your spiritual search it can't happen. Also the process itself is very painful and takes quite some time.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
For every chakra, there is a corresponding organ in the physical body. Crown-pineal, Third Eye-pituitary, Throat-thyroid and parathyroid, Heart-thymus, solar plexus-pancreas, Seat of the soul chakra-reproductive organs, Base-adrenal source: atmanamaste.blogspot.com...

Secondary source: www.givnology.com...

It is general knowledge that the chakras are the spiritual centers which translate energy from spirit to matter, to the physical form.

Each chakra is associated with a color. When the chakras are healthy they spin.

Kundalini is a natural energy that lies coiled like a serpent at the base of the spine, hence the term "serpent power". When Kundalini is aroused, it rises up through the chakras to the crown, and once reaching the crown, opens the petals, and one gains greater spiritual awareness.
edit on 6-3-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I have stopped eating meat and it's been about 5 months since then and I haven't had the urge to eat it again. Since then I've had more energy and felt a lot better.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Rastoka

I disagree. There is more to the body than its physical aspects. One example is the eight extraordinary vessels. Why are they called that? Because they have no direct counterpart to the physical body, yet exert a huge effect on the physical body. The meridians also do not necessarily trace the exact routes of nerves. Furthermore, forcing an endocrine gland or a brain center artificially does not result in an enhanced functioning, which would be true if the physical component was all there was to it. The body is highly interconnected, not only with itself, but also with its more subtle aspects.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rastoka
Kundalini Awakening actually means that your body returns to it naturally state.

The natural state of the physical body is to develop, mature, reproduce, handle stress along the way, and then decline and die. This is what all biological organisms do generally in one form or another. This is the typical use of the term natural. It is because we are much more than that that our possibilities are greater, and it is not a natural given but instead a potential that exists that one can either pursue or ignore. Everything is 'Nature' after all, and to reinforce the idea that a kundalini awakening is its natural state is a redundant use of the term.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicarious10000
I'd like to hear more experiences about this meditation. And I'm also interested in this "spiritual" world people are talking about. . . . Lets try to help eachother understand this "consciousness"

You will understand that truly experienced people can only go a limited way toward that goal. A proficient football player, stopping to admire his own style in mid play, will often lose the ball. A good debater entranced by the sound of his own voice will often forget his train of thought. Following a meditative discipline is like "tooling up" mentally to do a specific thing. Being a commentator is something completely different.

There are great commentators, who truly know what they are talking about from experience, but most of them point to, rather than elucidate in detail, the experiences they have had.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by pilotx

Originally posted by Rastoka
Kundalini Awakening actually means that your body returns to it naturally state.

The natural state of the physical body is to develop, mature, reproduce, handle stress along the way, and then decline and die. This is what all biological organisms do generally in one form or another. This is the typical use of the term natural. It is because we are much more than that that our possibilities are greater, and it is not a natural given but instead a potential that exists that one can either pursue or ignore. Everything is 'Nature' after all, and to reinforce the idea that a kundalini awakening is its natural state is a redundant use of the term.

On the other hand, I think kundalini should be seen as a natural force within, which when aroused can enhance our spirituality, just as the scientists say we do not use 100 % of our brain power, so we do not use all our kundalini power when it is still coiled at the base. Make sense?
We do follow natural life cycles, and it is interesting to note that biblical characters often lived very long lives, much longer than we do today. I do not know what is the reason for this. In Medievel times, the life expectancy was still shorter and women often married off at age 14 to have children while they are still healthy. Scientists tout that medical technology and intervention has increased the life expectancy, and indeed it has when compared with Medievel times. However, we have lots of chemicals and toxins to account for that were not present in earlier times, but we also have streamlined distribution of fresh foods and other items.
edit on 7-3-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicarious10000
I'd like to hear more experiences about this meditation. And I'm also interested in this "spiritual" world people are talking about. I've reached it a time or 2 but can't say I'm and expert in the field. Instead of going on about primitive belief systems and all that. Lets try to help eachother understand this "consciousness"

Western saints have also achieved exalted states. Saint John of the Cross, Padres Pio, St. Catherine of Siena, and others. The Hindu system is tried and true in terms of general practice.

Chanting is an alternative to quiet meditation, which is why I posted the Bija mantras. Pronouncing the seed syllables produces a sound vibration, and we are using our throat chrakras in this type of exercise. This is agni yoga, or the yoga of the sacred fire. Interestingly, both the Vedic scriptures and the bible have a reference to sound as the mechanism of creation.
from the Bible: "In the beginning, GOD created the heavens and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void, and darkness lay upon the faces of the deep, and the Spirit of GOD hovered over the waters and GOD said “Let there be light,” and there was light.
Genesis 1:1-3
"En arche en ho logos, kai ho logos en pros ton theon, kai theos en ho logos,
"In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God" (John 1:1).

And here is commentary on vedic scripture: "I want to point out something that is very important as it applies to Hinduism. Part of the sacred scripture in Hinduism is called the Vedas. Please notice this ancient scripture from the Vedas.

These are the very words of Veda. Prajapatir vai idam asit: In the beginning was Brahman. Tasya vag dvitya asit; with whom was the Vak or the Word... Vag vai paramam Brahma; and the word is Brahman."

Vak or Word was understood by the ancient Hindus to be the Sound which brought all things into existence - the Sound or Word - the primordial emanation of God expressing and clothing the creative Thought. Astonishingly, we see a marked similarity between John's opening verses and that of the Vedas. " source: reluctant-messenger.com...

In the Hindu system, the seed syllable Om, or AUM is the expression of the totality of creaetion. Here is a good wikipedia description of it: "The vibration of "AUM" symbolizes the manifestation of God in form ("sāguna brahman"). "AUM" is the reflection of the absolute reality, it is said to be "Adi Anadi", without beginning or the end and embracing all that exists.[4] The mantra "AUM" is the name of God, the vibration of the Supreme. When taken letter by letter, A-U-M represents the divine energy (Shakti) united in its three elementary aspects: Bhrahma Shakti (creation), Vishnu Shakti (preservation) and Shiva Shakti (liberation, and/or destruction).[4]" en.wikipedia.org...

Sometime you might try just intoning the A U M for a while. Light a candle, some incense, get into meditative spirit.
You can also chant I Am That I Am,

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Excellent teaching

www.youtube.com...

You are Shiva!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

Hi metalholic,

Your new thread came at an appropriate time in my life and I want to thank you for starting it!!! I've gone from the beginning to the current end of your thread, which is page 18, and I've found so much of it useful and enlightening. I'm fairly new to ATS, so please forgive me for any mistakes, but I've flagged your thread and starred several of your own postings. I also want to thank the several other posters to this thread - for their openness and honesty, and since I'm new, I kept my silly mouth shut and just starred the posts that I liked ;-)

It's obvious to me that you, (metalholic,) and many other posters here have awakened what so many call Kundalini Energy. I believe that I was born with It awake within me and I've always called the Energy "The Mother", and I mention this to alert you and any other readers that perhaps there are also other possibilities when it comes to defining what Kundalini Energy is all about. I also mention it up front to perhaps alert other brothers and sisters who are like me in being born awake in a western world where you don't quite fit in, and you know that you never will. I would love to talk with any of you!

I also wish to state that I in no way feel that I'm an expert when it comes to what you call Kundalini Energy, and I call The Mother's Energy, even though I've been in and out of It for my full 56 years on this planet. To the contrary, the Energy has confused me, endangered me, yet nurtured and protected me for all those years. I have eagerly read each post, searched through both positive and negative statements, all in the hope of finding more clues that will help me understand the Energy, and to help me on my Path through this life of mine. Now that I've reached the current end of this thread, I felt that it was time to stop 'lurking' and to share my thoughts. Once again, thank you metalholic for starting and maintaining this thread! Can you please share more of your personal experiences? It really helps to hear that other people like yourself has experiences that are similar. I will share too if anyone is interested. To you and the other posters, thanks for sharing so much - I've learned alot, plus it feels good to know that I'm not the only human to be energized by what I call the Mother, and you call Kundalini - if you look deeply into the Energy, It is Divine Love - Love of Life/life!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join