It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not born gay, it's a choice to be homosexual.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Xerxes1434

i agree it is horrible, but if you hadnt noticed life isnt exactly perfect.
btw, did you choose to be straight?
edit on 28-2-2011 by neonitus because: spelling

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I believe it comes down to attraction. I am NOT attracted to men, therefore I am attracted to women. It's not a matter of thinking to myself "hmmmmm I wonder which sex I will choose?"

It's not a choice. Think about how you are attracted to someone.

link   

End of case!

Not really.... Question for you.... If it is a choice, I would like you to go into detail and explain the time in your life when you were a child, you sat down, and thought to yourself about which sex you were going to be attracted to. Please explain the thought process you used and how you came to the decision that you did...

Oh wait, you can't? You never sat down and thought about what sex you were going to be attracted to as a child? It just happened, you say? Yeah, me to. I just happened to be attracted to women. Had my first crush at the age of 7, long before I knew anything about sex and long before I would have been able to sit down and contemplate about sex, and what gender I am attracted to...

You are no different. It is not a choice for gay people anymore that it is for straight people...

Common sense... It's a great thing.

link   
The op has stated, and once again, the question as to human nature is once brought up, to that of those who find the same sex attractive. It is stated that such is against nature, because sex is to reproduced, yet fails to take into account the number of people who choose and who choose not to have children. Is it unnatural for a couple, where one member of the relationship is unable or incapable of having children? Is it wrong for those people to not have children? What about women who are diabetic, and are advised not to have children as it is life threatening, is it suggested that they should not engaged in sex or get married? What about men who are sterile, are they not allowed to have sex? What about people who are seniors, and are past the age of child bearing, do they not count as well? And what of those in society that are not the best role models, should they be parents? These questions should at least be answered first before determining what is and is not natural in a relationship that is not only private, but between 2 consenting adults.
There is an actual science to attraction, what some may find attractive in their eyes, is always different from the others. It is a proven by science and thus being gay is as much as being born that way, as it is being straight, or bisexual. There are many arguments given against homosexuality, and equal number of responses that are out there. The reality is that it is, as the op put out a choice, however, it is a personal decision to have sex, and the choice of partner goes into the workings of the brain. As many of the medical groups have come out, homosexuality is not a disease, and the choice in partner is hardwired into the brain, it can only be concluded, that a person is born that way. It is as natural as anything else in the world. Bigotry and hatred, that is unnatural, and unfortunately compassion and understanding is becoming a rare quality these days.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xerxes1434
that is unnatural and so is homosexuality.

Homosexual behavior is widespread amongst social birds and mammals, particularly the sea mammals and the primates. Edit to add: This is just a small portion of animals from the full list.

Selected mammals from the full list:
* African Elephant
* Brown Bear
* Brown Rat
* Buffalo
* Caribou
* Cat (domestic)
* Cheetah
* Common Dolphin
* Common Marmose
* Common Raccoon
* Dog (domestic)
* European Bison
* Prea

Selected birds from the full list:
* Chicken (Domestic)
* Common Gull
* Emu
* King Penguin

Fish:
* Amazon molly
* Blackstripe topminnow
* Bluegill Sunfish
* Char
* Grayling
* European Bitterling
* Green swordtail
* Guiana leaffish
* Houting Whitefish
* Jewel Fish
* Least Darter (Microperca punctulata)
* Mouthbreeding Fish
* Salmon
* Southern platyfish
* Ten-spined stickleback
* Three-spined stickleback

Reptiles:
* Anole
* Bearded Dragon
* Broad-headed Skink
* Checkered Whiptail Lizard
* Chihuahuan Spotted Whiptail Lizard
* Common Ameiva
* Common Garter Snake
* Cuban Green Anole
* Desert Grassland Whiptail Lizard
* Desert Tortoise
* Fence Lizard
* Five-lined Skink
* Gopher (Pine) Snake
* Green Anole
* Inagua Curlytail Lizard
* Jamaican Giant Anole
* Laredo Striped Whiptail Lizard
* Largehead Anole
* Mourning Gecko
* Plateau Striped Whiptail Lizard
* Red Diamond Rattlesnake
* Red-tailed Skink
* Side-blotched Lizard
* Speckled Rattlesnake
* Water Moccasin
* Western rattlesnake (Crotalus viridis)
* Western Banded Gecko
* Whiptail Lizard spp.
* Wood Turtle

Amphibians:
* Appalachian Woodland Salamander
* Black-spotted Frog
* Mountain Dusky Salamander
* Tengger Desert Toad

Insects and other invertebrates:
* Acanthocephalan Worms
* Alfalfa Weevil
* Australian Parasitic Wasp
* Bean weevil
* Bedbug and other Bug
* Blister Beetle
* Blood-flukes (Schistosoma)
* Blowfly
* Box Crab
* Broadwinged Damselfly
* Cabbage (Small) White (Butterfly)
* Checkerspot Butterfly
* Clubtail Dragonfly
* Cockroach
* Common Skimmer Dragonfly
* Creeping Water Bug
* Cutworm
* Digger Bee
* Dragonfly
* Eastern Giant Ichneumon (wasp
* Eucalyptus Longhorned Borer
* Field Cricket
* Flour beetle
* Fruit Fly
* Glasswing Butterfly
* Grape Berry Moth
* Grape Borer
* Green Lacewing
* Harvest Spider
* Hawaiian Orb-Weaver (spider)
* Hen Flea
* House Fly
* Ichneumon wasp sp.
* Incirrate Octopus spp.
* Japanese Scarab Beetle
* Jumping spider
* Larch Bud Moth
* Large Milkweed Bug
* Large White (Pieris brassicae)
* Long-legged Fly
* Mazarine Blue
* Mediterranean Fruit Fly
* Mexican White
* Midge
* Migratory locust
* Mite
* Monarch Butterfly
* Narrow-winged Damselfly
* Parsnip Leaf Miner
* Pomace Fly
* Queen Butterfly
* Red Ant
* Red Flour Beetle
* Reindeer Warble Fly
* Rose Chafer
* Rove Beetle
* Scarab Beetle (Melolonthine)
* Screwworm Fly
* Silkworm Moth
* Sociable Weaver
* Southeastern Blueberry Bee
* Southern Green Stink Bug
* Southern Masked Chafer
* Southern One-Year Canegrub
* Spreadwinged Damselfly
* Spruce Budworm Moth
* Stable Fly
* Stag Beetle
* Tsetse Fly
* Water Boatman Bug
* Water Strider

www.sodahead.com...
edit on 28-2-2011 by TV_Nation because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deebo
Its funny how many people on here think being a homo is perfectly natural and ok. The homo gay agenda and indoctrination has worked well on them. Personally I think its freaking sick and disgusting and every other vile word out there.

Deebo

So is taking a sh!t - just because it's natural, doesn't mean you have to like it.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Of course no one makes transvestites wear clothes of the opposite gender any more than someone makes me put on make up and a pretty dress some days. But I would not be a transvestite simply because I decided to start wearing baseball caps and boxers with my jeans and t-shirt.

It is the urge that must be discussed. When you have an urge to pee, you have the choice not to. But if you don't you will experience much discomfort and maybe even pain. For homosexuals and transvestites, they have an urge (for lack of a much better term) to be attracted to members of the same sex or dress like them, respectively.

Because society tells them it is wrong they fight it, often times, and it causes them much distress and pain. If you were deprived of being able to be with someone you love, wouldn't it cause you distress and pain?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
why would you judge a man based on his sexual preference, its not a choice its who hes attracted to.

Same thing as you being attracted to one girl that i wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole...

Oh but i understand, the bible says its wrong....but it also say's you should stone a man for this and that.

Get over your frickin homophobia and love everyone equally. People like you make me sick...

link   

Originally posted by nunya13
reply to post by Deebo

Can you please state what this indoctrine and agenda is?

The homosexual agenda has been outlined in After The Ball written by a homosexual.

link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
You have obviously never spent any time with a gay person.

Who would choose that option with all that comes with it?

Besides, what somebody does in the privacy of their own home...

It's really nobody's business.

It is my business when 95% of the ones I have worked with cant stop screwing with guys who they know are straight. The looks, the whistles, the "accidental" rub on the a$$. The thing is, its not what they do in private, its the things they do in public. The flaming ones anyway. "Look at me im gay! And I will let you know about it everyday!"

Deebo
edit on 28-2-2011 by Deebo because: to add

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Saying people are born gay is rubbish. The ability to engage in sexual acts is a choice. A man can CHOOSE to have sex with a woman or he can CHOOSE to have sex with a man. As such a man can CHOOSE not to have sex at all.

Nobody forces two men to have sex with each other, they make that choice themselves. Some sick individuals also CHOOSE to have sex with animals, that is unnatural and so is homosexuality.

Homosexuality goes against nature. What is the whole purpose of sex? It's to produce offspring. Homosexuals can't naturally produce offspring making it UNnatural.

End of case!
edit on 28-2-2011 by Xerxes1434 because: (no reason given)

ok my brother is gay, he was effeminate all his life.
i feel you are trolling, being homophobic and simple minded. and i have reported this thread as offensive. i want you to know it was me that reported you.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I will post this response again, by that logic you can justify people who are attracted to kids. That's horrible and that's where that logical can lead.

Wow thats quite a nice strawman you are building there. Kudos

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

is it not a choice to be a christian? or a muslim? you are not born christian or muslim.

therefore the rules of bible or koran should not be forced on those who choose not to be religous as those rules only apply if you choose to take them up.

as far as i can see the only rules on homosexuality originates from the bible or other religious books.
therefore if you say being homosexual is a choice then remember that religon is a choice also and those who do not choose it, do not have to live by those rules and should not be condemned by those rules they choose not to follow, remember it is your religion that you choose to follow, it does not apply to those who do not wish to follow it.

the only reason it is such a political issue in america is because you have a large chritian community who cannot accept this and must force their way of life on everybody else.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I do not think there is scientific evidence to prove or disprove that being gay is inherent in one's DNA or a conscious choice that one undertakes. I would be interested to know for sure.

But my personal belief is that one is born gay. I have witnessed the ongoing discrimination and sadness suffered by a gay work colleague and I do not think that anyone would pretend to be gay for fun, or just to epxerience what it's like and endure such conflict perpetrated by narrow minded, ignorant and uncaring heterosexuals. (Yes it is heteros...you know the holier than thou religious hypocrites, or the undeducated from Redneck Central) that dish out the dirt.

I have no problem with people who have same sex partners. This of course is my opinion, which is definately diferent to yours... and I sincerely mean no offence to you.

take care all
res

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Sorry but this hate thread isn't going to be allowed.

Closed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join