It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Patent 6506148 – Nervous system manipulation by electromagnetic fields from monitors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I thought that sitting in front of the computer or TV all day would just make you fat and fill your head with heaps of nonsense but this patent makes me think there could be a whole different host of problems considering having a healthy functioning nervous system is vital to a healthy life.

The TV and your computer monitor can be used to manipulate your nervous system. Here is the proof. Read it and weep:

Nervous system manipulation by electromagnetic fields from monitors US Patent #6,506,148

SUMMARY: Computer monitors and TV monitors can be made to emit weak low-frequency electromagnetic fields merely by pulsing the intensity of displayed images.

Experiments have shown that the 1/2 Hz sensory resonance can be excited in this manner in a subject near the monitor. The 2.4 Hz sensory resonance can also be excited in this fashion.

Hence, a TV monitor or computer monitor can be used to manipulate the nervous system of nearby people. “It is thus apparent that the human nervous system can be manipulated by screen emissions from subliminal TV image pulses.” The human nervous system controls everything from breathing and producing digestive enzymes, to memory and intelligence.

Here is a link the patent that has more information if you are interested.
patft.uspto.gov... 6148&RS=PN%2F6506148

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
There is some validity to this. But I would be more concerned with the flicker rate, layered subliminals, monaural beats, and isochronic tones. As well as the quick flashes from scene to scene that are consistent these days. This technology could work as an enhancement I suppose, but it would be weak. TV especially, is a near perfect medium for bypassing the analytical part of your brain by altering your brainwaves from beta to upper alpha. Which is a light form of hypnosis. Which allows most of what is seen and heard to flood your subconscious without hindrance.

I watch a movie occasionally, but I haven't turned on a tv for a very long time.

ETA: I should add that beats and tones are embedded into music to disguise them, because they have to be heard to work. So they aren't as prevalent as subliminals, silent subliminals, and NLP are.

edit on 28-2-2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2011 by Klassified because: corrections

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I thank you OP for this thread.

I have had a few issues in life (there is no need to go into specifics), and I have an over reactive nervous system.
My condition worsened when I commenced fulltime work in a control room for a security company. In the tiny room nicknamed "the bunker" with reinforced walls etc. etc. I am surrounded by monitors and wall to wall receivers and computers.
I am looking at ways to try and protect myself at work and possibly others in the future in such workplaces from EMS.
---> Lets not forget the harm being done from just having the computer/tv/microwave plugged into the wall.

A nice cure/fix for being submitted to harmful frequencies etc. during the day is to listen to ANCIENT MUSIC SCALES. Help your body re tune before sleep. My life changed for the better the day I discovered binary beats and the like. I also find having a cat lay on your chest seems to balance me before sleep.
I thank ATS for bringing to my attention these subject matters, for they had never captured my attention prior to joining.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
It has long been stated and common knowledge that epilepsy can be triggered by a particular type of oscillation. Em field manipulation of the body is a growing field and if we do not educate ourselves we will be open to manipulation. Even the pharmaceutical based medical industry is beginning to see these applications.

Anyone who saw fight club may have noticed some very basic frame inserts these were in keeping with the story line however the ability and progress of this tech is beyond most peoples assumptions.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by moonpie86

I am surrounded by monitors and wall to wall receivers and computers.

Wow. You really are getting a dose of this. In your case, it would not be weak as I said above. Too bad you can't get away from that. Definitely not good for you.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Please add any comments to the existing thread found here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join