It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw a ufo tonight that disappeared

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I went outside to start up my truck to warm up and while doing so I happened to look up at the stars. Now, I am very familiar with constellations and stuff since I love to stargaze. I noticed a bright star in the NE direction. I thought, what the hell, thats not Jupiter cause Jupiter was in the NW part of the sky. I thought maybe Venus but I wasn't sure. This star, or object, was bright! I checked it out for about 2-3 minutes (it did not move at all) So I go back into my house to grab my Ipod touch to start up the starwalk program. Its a program where you hold up your ipod to the sky and it shows the stars and stuff, i wanted to see what star it was, or planet or whatever it was... I stayed in my house for about 5 minutes before going back out, but when i did... the "star" was GONE!
I don't know what it was, it was sationary, bright like a star, it was the biggest star in the sky, bigger than jupiter. Their were no clouds, it was a completely clear sky in the evening. What the **** was it? a satellite? Do satellites stay stationary? And if they do well, ive never seen a satellite that bright. obviously not a plane nor a balloon or flare or swamp gas lol.
Just a light in space (im pretty sure this object wasn't in our atmosphere).

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Binky21

maybe look for it again tonight and try and record it or something?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
ufo or a jet airliner or bizjet descending and the light is real penetrating bright for as long as ten minutes...not likely a jet unless it's a common inbound terminal arrival route....star route(standard terminal arrival)

edit on 28-2-2011 by GBP/JPY because: Yahushua is our new King

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Binky21
I went outside to start up my truck to warm up and while doing so I happened to look up at the stars. Now, I am very familiar with constellations and stuff since I love to stargaze. I noticed a bright star in the NE direction. I thought, what the hell, thats not Jupiter cause Jupiter was in the NW part of the sky. I thought maybe Venus but I wasn't sure. This star, or object, was bright! I checked it out for about 2-3 minutes (it did not move at all) So I go back into my house to grab my Ipod touch to start up the starwalk program. Its a program where you hold up your ipod to the sky and it shows the stars and stuff, i wanted to see what star it was, or planet or whatever it was... I stayed in my house for about 5 minutes before going back out, but when i did... the "star" was GONE!
I don't know what it was, it was sationary, bright like a star, it was the biggest star in the sky, bigger than jupiter. Their were no clouds, it was a completely clear sky in the evening. What the **** was it? a satellite? Do satellites stay stationary? And if they do well, ive never seen a satellite that bright. obviously not a plane nor a balloon or flare or swamp gas lol.
Just a light in space (im pretty sure this object wasn't in our atmosphere).

Welcom to ATS
Hummm... Where are you located? and did your Ipod say anything on what it could have been?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

No matter what else you may hear I do believe your story.

When I first found ATS I remembered a sighting I had forgotton about the day it happened.

Some how reading about others experiences brought my sighting back to me.

I'm fairly sure no one believed me but it was the truth.

So, I believe you.

Thankfully, I was not treated badly and have enjoyed this site ever since.

The unbelieveable does happen.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
That sounds like something I saw about 4 years ago. Really bright star, mostly north, sort of west though, and my husband and I were looking at it, commenting on how bright the star was, and all of a sudden, it got bigger, and then disappeared. Like a flash, sort of. It had blended in with the other stars perfectly, except that it was a little bit bigger and brighter. The same blue colour.

We had definitely thought it was a star, it was completely still, and we were looking at it for a while, and I had noticed it earlier in the evening also. When I started trying to look up in the internet what might have happened to the "star", we couldn't find anything. I thought we saw something explode, but then there would be residual evidence.

We couldn't find anything out on what we saw.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I saw the exact same thing you're describing tonight. I was walking home from the grocery shop and I saw a bright light appear in the sky. Brighter than any star and perfectly still. I didn't take my eyes off of it for a second. I stared at it for about 90 seconds then a church steeple got between myself and the light and once I had walked passed the church the light was gone. It was definitely not an aircraft or a planet. It had a sort of whitish, yellow glare. I'm not saying it was a spacecraft or anything like that but it was certainly something that I had never seen before and it definitely didn't belong there. Hope I've helped!

new topics

top topics

join