It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

What exactly is in the name "Free Mason"?

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
The point of this post will be direct and thought provoking as I have struggled with this very question myself quite often. As I am not often duped by light hearted far fetched conspiracy theories, I do in my heart believe there is an elite group that dictates the majority of general information and knowledge the masses are allowed to consume.\

The definition of free as I understand it although not from the dictionary is; A conscious entity living there waking existence as they see fit without any control from a higher source of power within reason. IMHO a person living this life would be informed of things how they were and left to decide for themselves how to live there lives as they choose as long as it did not directly or indirectly in a significant way affect how other people choose to live there lives.

The definition of a mason as I understand it is; A construct, some one who constructs or builds dependent either on plans or by there own design. A person who shapes a structure, a molder of objects.

Weather you think the NWO or Illuminati is a group of individuals who control the highest aspects of world government controlling food production, manipulation and distribution. Operating the highest level of Ponzi schemes regarding the blatant control of world wealth or containing ancient knowledge of what our existence really is all they way down to Nibiru and reptilian slave masters you must agree on one thing that is undeniable.

The simple fact is, the very name lends itself to one word and one word only.......... Masters. Those that are truly free to act as they see fit based on knowledge they and they alone poses and are free to build society and ideas on a global level that they see fit.

Ask yourself why they are called this? Is this group based on ancient stone builders? Are they based on a free society that built itself from the ground up? Why..... Why do they call themselves this?

You can take this question as far as you like, I seen a youtube video from Luna Cogneta recently about the chevron in pretty much every space patch, logo and insignia on the planet that resembles the Masonic imagery and it reminded me to actual think about what imagery, design, suggestion and reason actual means to the human mind and I have decided when you are in control of what somebody sees, hears, thinks and believes from birth, you truly are doing no more than Shepperding sheep. It becomes all to easy, to the point no one thinks its possible.




posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
A quick summary of the history and purpose of free masonry ; All information that is perceivable is an alteration of randomnessity.

Use your mind to build the truth.



posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Free as in not a slave (if you were/are a bonded slave you were not allowed to join the club).

Mason = a stone worker, one who works with masonry (chisel & hammer user).



posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut
Free as in not a slave (if you were/are a bonded slave you were not allowed to join the club).

Mason = a stone worker, one who works with masonry (chisel & hammer user).


Free as in - To do what you wish with all available knowledge.

Mason - To shape things around you as you see fit.



posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
Ask yourself why they are called this? Is this group based on ancient stone builders? Are they based on a free society that built itself from the ground up? Why..... Why do they call themselves this?


I think it's a common belief that much of what we learn in free masonry originated from stone mason guilds in ancient times. The aprons, the working tools, the symbolism, and gestures can all be traced back to this, at least in theory. Becoming a master mason was a lifelong process and most of their waking hours were dedicated to learning the craft.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but the term 'free mason' probably indicates that the mason is a free man, in other words, not a slave.



posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Analyzing
A quick summary of the history and purpose of free masonry ; All information that is perceivable is an alteration of randomnessity.

Use your mind to build the truth.


That my friend is exactly the point. Sometimes as with all the space related imagery they put it out there for you to see but we have been bread, raised and herded to accept the troff of knowledge we have been feed from birth so when you see something that doesn't sit right with you, if it is outside of the box of mainstream thinking, you my friend are a whack job or a domestic terrorist with extreme ideas.



posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
For this Meaning you must Go back many thousands of year back

you can refer this below link for name and its meaning

Masons is not builder Free-MA-Sons
SOURCE

MA is Mother or Earth in Ancient Language

until then, how can we know how we must proceed under present conditions in which all must work together to heal the wounds inflicted upon our Ma (our mother, the Earth). By healing our Ma, our mother and our Earth, we may yet hope to share,


This Thread was started by me to explain Junkies in ATS but they will never listen

www.abovetopsecret.com...


edit on 1-3-2011 by Arcot because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Arcot
 


Interesting. I also took a look at the link you provided to a previous post, I seemed to have missed that one (sorry). I am very interested in the way the word hase been broken down and translated into the values that we hold dear. I never even considered that conection and for that, I truly thank you.
Freemasonry can be divided into 2 sperate entities, operative and speculative.

The operative speaks for itself. These are a group of craftsmen that hold the secrets of their trade. They travelled across Europe during the Middle Ages (some say thousands of years before, back to Ancient Egypt, Soloman's Temple or even beyond), cbuilding the churches and cathedrals that still stand today. In order to gain access to the site, they had to prove that they were true masons and at what level they had been trained. This was accomplished by handshakes and signs.

Speculative Masons are not true masters of the craft as such but use the symbology as a guide to a way of life. Obviously, I am not an Operative Mason, but a Speculative one.

So, to be a Freemason one has to be of adequate age, a free man, of good report, believe in a God or supreme being and a law abiding citizen.

Arcot, thank you for your unique insite to the meaning of the word.
edit on 1/3/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: Added Text



posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayTaylor
I think it's a common belief that much of what we learn in free masonry originated from stone mason guilds in ancient times. The aprons, the working tools, the symbolism, and gestures can all be traced back to this, at least in theory. Becoming a master mason was a lifelong process and most of their waking hours were dedicated to learning the craft.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but the term 'free mason' probably indicates that the mason is a free man, in other words, not a slave.
More specifically, the master stonemasons guarded their building techniques as secret, and their skills were in demand. A FREE mason was allowed to travel across borders without a writ of passage. No passport necessary, because they were welcomed by the landowners who would want to hire them.

So Free Masons were stone builders who could travel freely.



posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
The definition of free as I understand it although not from the dictionary is; A conscious entity living there waking existence as they see fit without any control from a higher source of power within reason. IMHO a person living this life would be informed of things how they were and left to decide for themselves how to live there lives as they choose as long as it did not directly or indirectly in a significant way affect how other people choose to live there lives.

The definition of a mason as I understand it is; A construct, some one who constructs or builds dependent either on plans or by there own design. A person who shapes a structure, a molder of objects.
I agree with both of those definitions. So far so good...

and then


The simple fact is, the very name lends itself to one word and one word only.......... Masters. Those that are truly free to act as they see fit based on knowledge they and they alone poses and are free to build society and ideas on a global level that they see fit.
Where, in the word Free, or in the word Mason, did you get "society" or "global level"??? It's not there. By your own definition of Free, "they were and left to decide for themselves how to live there lives as they choose as long as it did not directly or indirectly in a significant way affect how other people choose to live there lives" and that's exactly what Freemasons do. We strive to be Masters of ourselves. Nothing else.



posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton
 


Free Mason are not Stone Builder Building Temple was an 2% of the known art passed on by 9 esoteric order to brother mason specifically tune the buildings to universal consciousness so it helps people to awaken their spiritual self

If you still think Freemason are stone builder let me know what is so unique about Freemason building stone structure if you are Freemason you must know few information which can enlighten us about Freemason



posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
A mason or so Ive read has to build a certain way, a Freemason is free to build anyway he likes. I read this in the book Everything You Need To Know About Freemasonary



posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I don't have much information regarding the word "free mason" or "freemason" and I'm not sure if he's even still around here anymore but EsotericTeacher was a whiz with words and etymology.

I wish you luck on your search.



posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
OP visit this link for the interview from Master Mason if you want to know more

www.abovetopsecret.com...



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join