It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

I've come with an offering...

page: 1
5
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
First, I want to thank all ATS members who have enabled me to expand my horizons, and quench my insatiable appetite for "buried" or "overlooked" news. My, favorite forum would probably be "fragile earth", and hopefully some of the things that interest me, also interest others here. I feel a bit like a "parasite", having lurked for so long, without contributing. You all have kept me extremely busy with all the fantastic information, you so kindly submitted.
With all the dispicable acts and doom and gloom lately, I would like to share a you tube video, that I feel genuinly typifies the way the U.S. and State governments are designed, in an effort to create "cushhy" jobs for their friends and family. I have searched, so I know Rude goldberg has been discussed here before, but I hope that this video is something you havent seen yet, and enjoy. One problem...I need help if this doesnt come up as a "link", can someone please assist? I thankyou ahead of time for your patience, consideration, "constructive" criticism, and generosity.
For your viewing pleasure...I present "The Best Rube Goldgerg Ever" www.youtube.com...




posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by flashcube
 


Welcome to ATS - enjoyed the vid - I can't even get a slinky
to go down carpeted stairs.



posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

edit on 28-2-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

edit on 28-2-2011 by crazydaisy because: Hey but I'm great at triple postings



posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
OK that was brilliant! Thank You, and welcome to ATS)



posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Best laugh I've had in a while thanks and welcome to ATS.



posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by flashcube
 


Welcome to ATS!
I can only imagine how long it took to set that up.... Imbedded your video link here for you.






edit on 2/28/2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by flashcube
First, I want to thank all ATS members who have enabled me to expand my horizons, and quench my insatiable appetite for "buried" or "overlooked" news. My, favorite forum would probably be "fragile earth", and hopefully some of the things that interest me, also interest others here. I feel a bit like a "parasite", having lurked for so long, without contributing. You all have kept me extremely busy with all the fantastic information, you so kindly submitted.

High there and welcome to the boards and you are welcome! I don't think I necessarily belong to those members here that have enabled you to expand your horizons, but you are welcome nonetheless.

Originally posted by flashcube
With all the dispicable acts and doom and gloom lately, I would like to share a you tube video, that I feel genuinly typifies the way the U.S. and State governments are designed, in an effort to create "cushhy" jobs for their friends and family. I have searched, so I know Rude goldberg has been discussed here before, but I hope that this video is something you havent seen yet, and enjoy. One problem...I need help if this doesnt come up as a "link", can someone please assist? I thankyou ahead of time for your patience, consideration, "constructive" criticism, and generosity.
For your viewing pleasure...I present "The Best Rube Goldgerg Ever" www.youtube.com...

Sure thing, here you go: P.S.: damn I was too late. Got to typer faster next time. Ok, what you do if want to embed a youtube video is you only copy the code after the = sign, so in your case RouXygRcRC4 and then you click on the VID: YOUTUBE button and paste the code in there and voilal!

Although, it would have been better if you had just limited yourself to introduce yourself and keep the video topic for your first thread. I am just saying this, because I have seen many people abuse the introduction forum and the introduction thread to talk about anything they want. And at least one mod agrees with me on this, i.e. that it is bad form to post a proper topic in the introduction thread which is supposed to be for you to introduce yourself and tell us some things about you. Don't sweat it though, because what's done is done ...
edit on 28/2/2011 by WalterRatlos because: to remove embedded video and add PS on how to imbed youtube videos



posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
My wife would have killed me.

Bill



posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Ok, now I have seen the video and it is really brilliant and you made my morning
, so thanks for that and sorry
for being a bit harsh there about the purpose of the introduction thread and/or forum.



posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
[
Sure thing, here you go:

Although, it would have been better if you had just limited yourself to introduce yourself and keep the video topic for your first thread. I am just saying this, because I have seen many people abuse the introduction forum and the introduction thread to talk about anything they want. And at least one mod agrees with me on this, i.e. that it is bad form to post a proper topic in the introduction thread which is supposed to be for you to introduce yourself and tell us some things about you. Don't sweat it though, because what's done is done ...

Thankyou for uploading the material for me, that was a very nice gesture. I now understand it was not the best form, and you were very elloquint in the way you advised me, and I thank you for that. I thought It was kinda like when the white man came with "peace offerings", to let the injuns know they were "friendly and meant no animosity". (JK) Appreciate all the warm welcomes!!
edit on 28-2-2011 by flashcube because: eliminate redundancies



posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by WalterRatlos
Ok, now I have seen the video and it is really brilliant and you made my morning
, so thanks for that and sorry
for being a bit harsh there about the purpose of the introduction thread and/or forum.


No harm. no foul. In fact I dont feel what you said was "out of line" nor offensive.



posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by flashcube
Thankyou for uploading the material for me, that was a very nice gesture. I now understand it was not the best form, and you were very elloquint in the way you advised me, and I thank you for that. I thought It was kinda like when the white man came with "peace offerings", to let the injuns know they were "friendly and meant no animosity". (JK) Appreciate all the warm welcomes!!

Hey, you are welcome, although I was a tad bit too late as another member did before me. Yeah, I totally misunderstood really, because I had not seen the video yet. Note to self: next time watch video first, stupid.
Another friendly advice: when quoting only quote the absolute necessary part and delete the redundant parts. Some mods (hopefully all, but hey they are human too and can't really moderate everything, plus sometimes they let things slide for reasons of their own and I don't really blame them, because I know what it is like to be a mod (not here but elsewhere) and I also sometimes just let things slide or trust one of my colleges will do the work for me. Usually, they do, but as I said sometimes things just slip through ... it's in the nature of the beast. So, if you can still edit your reply to me just trim it down. Also, as my own personal rule of thumb for videos, one embedded video is enough; no need to repeat it in quotes all the time.



posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by WalterRatlos
 


You are so nice, thankyou, and it was "easy".



posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by flashcube
 


I dunno I think mines pretty good to lol
www.youtube.com...
edit on 1-3-2011 by joeyd55 because: bad link



posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by joeyd55
 


Welcome my fellow newbie! Yes, thats great and its submissions like this that provide a well needed break, from all this bad "k" (if you believe in Karma), going on in the world these days,
I bumped into another Y.T. video, that is more in the same vein as my first one, from honda (not spamming), I liked this alot. I like to
save" science related and inspiriational videos, and each time the kids beg to get on the computer I make them sit through videos, that might spark an interest that intices them to do better, learn more or whine less. This is only 2 minutes, and real cool, I think. www.youtube.com...
edit on 1-3-2011 by flashcube because: sp. and grammar



posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Welcome, I accept your offering and enjoyed it thoroughly. Granted flowers or chocolates would have been better but this shall suffice. Oh and do not accept the Twinkies.



posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Golithion
 


I am "ever so humbled" by your acceptance. Thankyou for your reply, and I am glad you enjoyed it!



posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS I hope you enjoy the topics and people here as much as I do.



posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by pez1975
Welcome to ATS I hope you enjoy the topics and people here as much as I do.


Great vid, the inventor spirit in all of us. Welcome to ATS.




top topics



 
5
<<   2 >>

log in

join