It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Biggest Military Redeployment in a Decade

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by shanti23Show the world the proof.

read the 911 commission report when its out, im sure theres enough proof if they said that. plus they arent complying with inspections of their nuclear program according to the UN, they are up to something.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhat
Maybe they're pulling the troops out so they're not in the way of any possible attack from either side using nuclear or biological weapons.

It's possible that maybe the US is planning a strike on N Korea, and is removing the front line troops to an area out of reach of N Korea's likely response (i.e. heavy bombardment and missile attacks).

Although I have to say thats not very likely, but still....

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Alot of things are possible, but the most logical is Iran. Not cooperating with the UN, can easily be presented to us as a terrorist state, they are already starting to say they have cooperated with Al Queda, anybody else feel deja-vu? Bush is gearing up for the next chapter in axis-of-evil regime change. If Iran is doing all they are accused of, then it seems like they are up to something also. Iranian agents are all over Iraq, with the US camped right next door they have to at least be a lttle nervous. But it also seems they want an extension of their regime to take hold of Iraq.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Most likely Iran is the reason to move troops fron S.Korea.
After Soviet Union collapsed N.Korea have no support with weapon, troops and military advisory.There is no back-up from Russia,..US can nuke them in case of N.Korea 's
missile attack, using Navy and Air Force without strategic missile system.
Now,..Iran is looking for trouble with nuklear program, after Saddam regime is
no longer in power there is no status quo in middle east.
So in my opinion We moving troops to Iraq because of another battle this time with Iran._javascript:icon('
')
_javascript:icon('
')

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Check the news leaking out of North Korea, and you can see which way the wind is blowing.

After Kim Jong-Il gets finished purging everyone that might actually be considered a threat to him from the government, he will be summarily removed himself. Apparently, he thinks the massive explosion that occurred in Ryongchon shortly after his train passed through wasn't an "unfortunate accident". Go figure.

North Korea is about to hang out the "Under New Management" banner. Once this unpleasant "Dear Leader" business is attended to, Korea can get to work reunifying.

The removal of some of the U.S. troops from South Korea probably follows confirmation that NK's armed forces have been "secured".

I'm not sure if this will be Bush's "October Surprise" (I'm betting on a bin Laden capture, myself), but to think nothing is changing in North Korea is to be gravely mistaken.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Perhaps it could be a way to relieve some of the NG troops who have been in Iraq for too long. Lets see if thousands of them come home when these from Korea get settled in.

I honestly don't think Dubya would even consider moving on Iran if he has ANY desire to get re-elected. Maybe after, but not before the election.

[edit on 7/19/2004 by Montana]

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The U.S. can bully on two fronts with this one move. First N. Korea will be worried that the pullout of troops is a signal that the U.S. is willing to go to war with them as soon as they remove thier assests. This war would undoubtedly start with missile exchanges. Troops in S. Korea would be sitting ducks, so moving them out shows the U.S. is willing to have a missile war.

Iran will be worried about the troop buildup in Iraq. The U.S. already has 150,000 troops in the theatre, and now they are adding more. This looks to be a preparedness for an invasion, or retaliation. If Israel attacks Iran's reactor, then Iran could would have to launch missiles, over the heads of the U.S. forces, which wouldn't go over very well. This would really put a show stopper on Iran sending an invading force to Israel. I seriously doubt that a single Iranian warplane would make it across Iraqi airspace.

[edit on 19-7-2004 by dbates]

<< 1   >>

join