It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Is The Page Index Only At The Top?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Just curious as to why the page index is only at the top on the "recent post" page and NOT the bottom.

When you reach the bottom it would be a (IMHO) a much smoother browsing experience to have the next pages in sequence as an option at the bottom as well.

Once you are in a thread however, the page index IS on the bottom AND at the top. Just an odd thing to note being a web designer.

If your gonna flame me, now would be your chance, I just doused my self in kerosene.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
it is at both the top an bottom of a page..

kx

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
it is at both the top an bottom of a page..

kx

It's not on the bottom of the "recent posts" page. Or is my computer not rendering that?!

Weird..

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The index to click to the next page in a thread is at the top and bottom of the screen, for me.
Using Firefox...

ETA: Ah, your screen shot indicates that you aren't in a thread. Perhaps that index is only top/bottom within the threads and not the forums...

edit on 28-2-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
The index to click to the next page in a thread is at the top and bottom of the screen, for me.
Using Firefox...

ETA: Ah, your screen shot indicates that you aren't in a thread. Perhaps that index is only top/bottom within the threads and not the forums...

Yup..In threads, I see it at the top and bottom, but not on the "recent post" page.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
ETA: Disregard. You are correct, the index is not there. Doh...

Sorry, I was editing. I also have the index on pages like Recent Posts, as well. It's very tiny, right in the middle of the screen, at the bottom.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by cluckerspud

Sorry, I was editing. I also have the index on pages like Recent Posts, as well. It's very tiny, right in the middle of the screen, at the bottom.

No worries. Weird. I wonder if the Chemtrails are hiding it.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I too have also wondered that. A a result I never click on the second page of recent posts and surf elsewhere if nothing on the first page grabs my attention.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

Same here, I'm a lazy cluck.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I ask myself every single time I reach the both of the Resent posts page! It would be a nice addition.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Good idea
It would be great to have the pages at the bottom too. Too much scrolling back to the top otherwise, which means I hardly ever get to page 2
What would be nice too is to be able to choose to see a longer list of threads on page 1..kinda like when you shop online (show 50, show 100). It's getting harder and harder to find something you glimpsed for a second on the Recent Posts page anymore.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Good idea
It would be great to have the pages at the bottom too. Too much scrolling back to the top otherwise, which means I hardly ever get to page 2
What would be nice too is to be able to choose to see a longer list of threads on page 1..kinda like when you shop online (show 50, show 100). It's getting harder and harder to find something you glimpsed for a second on the Recent Posts page anymore.

Not a bad idea as well.

new topics

top topics

join