It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANALYSIS-After the crisis, a worldwide rise in unrest?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

ANALYSIS-After the crisis, a worldwide rise in unrest?

af.reuters.com

LONDON, Feb 28 (Reuters) - With the Middle East in turmoil, other authoritarian states jumpy and post-crisis economic pain prompting protest in western Europe and elsewhere, some suspect a systemic rise in worldwide unrest might just be beginning.

Instability in the already volatile oil-producing Middle East could produce a feedback loop where unrest pushes up energy prices, fuelling inflation and deepening discontent both in the region and around the world.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Interesting article speculating that unrest throughout the Middle East and North African (MENA) countries is likely to spread elsewhere. I think it has a lot of merit, anyone agree? We see pockets of protesting breaking out over Europe, China and the United States. I dare say, that the crap has yet to hit the fan (so to speak) with regard to feeling some real financial woes in Western countries, worse still the outlook given most of us in the West are pretty spoilt compared to those in developing countries.

Please check the link for further information. I'm keen to hear others' views and any supporting sources that anyone else may be privy to.

Cheers

af.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I don't see this as going worldwide. What do people in, say, Australia, have to protest against? I think a lot of people are hoping this is a "mass consciousness" event, whatever that means. But what it IS is people rallying against oppressive Islamic and totalitarian governments.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperZepto
What do people in, say, Australia, have to protest against?

How about this???

Legislation being proposed in Australia would criminalize most permaculturists, farmers, gardeners, nurseries and bush regenerators by banning any plant that contains '___' – a naturally-occurring hallucinogen. Five plants are currently criminalized, but the new list will include hundreds (possibly thousands) of other species that are common garden plants and include a significant number of common native plants including the national flower, the wattle. [Image: Australia's National Flower, Acacia pycnantha]

Did that answer your question??
Or was that a rhetorical question???

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
yeah I can see it going worldwide. If it's already hitting places like china and north korea then why not here. Plus with it mainly in the mid east that will raise oil prices thus make americans mad enough to want to protest. Although I hope it doesnt here I don't know how that will turn out.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
this is a no brainer
paychecks are being reduced, jobs lost, wall street is looking like a shamble ponzi scheme...people gotta survive, and in our loosely put so called civilation..were not so civilized after all are we. this is corporate americas interferrance with the balance. taking taking taking and giving only to themselves and government. since thier globalization is causing other countrys to pull and affect eachother...this is the outcome. its a no brianer..thsi si why globalization is bad* it becomes a domino efffect. thier should always be borders* a country runs things its own way without 'merging'.
so really, if choas and public uprising gets worse...thier gunna be shocked? that tellsme they have NO sense of reality except for this rich dreamworkld they live in and created. more like a nightmare actually

new topics

top topics

join