It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe that dinosaurs coexisted with humans?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Dendro

g. As SOON as they discovered Radio-Carbon Dating they also realized that it was flawed. Not years later... IMMEDIATELY.

Is that why they are still teaching it in schools as the preferred and most accurate way to date things?

So even by your "standards" of 4,000 years being the cap of viability, it still wouldn't work for dinosaurs that are millions of years old.

You're still assuming that radiometric and other types of dating are accurate.
And if were going by the carbon dating method, it it reasonable to assume that Dinosaurs could have existed right up until the great flood. Which we think was sometime around 4-5,000 BC. This would also explain why they are buried so deep under sediment.

I would like to see your studies though.

just type in flaws of carbon dating into google.
edit on 1-3-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1

Maybe he loaded baby dinosaurs on the arc that way there would be room

ahhh never thought of that one! but maybe God didn't bring them to the Ark because He knew they would eventually grow to be too big!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedish

Originally posted by sugarcookie1

Maybe he loaded baby dinosaurs on the arc that way there would be room

ahhh never thought of that one! but maybe God didn't bring them to the Ark because He knew they would eventually grow to be too big!

You know I'm just being silly! But i never thought of that idea until i had my 13 year old cousin came over for dinner and we talking about this subject and he came up with that idea..I got a chuckle out of that he came up with something that easy without even thinking about it ..

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I have really enjoyed this thread and giggled.

It made me think of the biblical Leviathan and Behemoth (can't spell it) . I haven't got a bible with me but Leviathan sounds somehow huge or was it huge to the size of their boats at that time.

In England our patron saint is St George who fought the dragon. Now a dragon can only surely be a type of dinosaur - so i rest my case for the Yes they did side.

However, on the No they didn't side, I happily live on the south coast (now called the Jurassic) and out of the cliffs we have numerous skeletons on these monsters periodically coming into view. Our physical size today compared with the size of their jaws and teeeeth is terrifying. Again a biblical thing but in Genesis it refers to giants, however even if we were huge those creatures would have been hell to deal with, despite the fact they had small brains.

It does bother me however that God took an awfully long time and one hell of a lot of experimentation eg: Gorgonopsis, the dinosaurs then and only then US - one wonders if he has finished yet!

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lynda101
I have really enjoyed this thread and giggled.

It made me think of the biblical Leviathan and Behemoth (can't spell it) . I haven't got a bible with me but Leviathan sounds somehow huge or was it huge to the size of their boats at that time.

In England our patron saint is St George who fought the dragon. Now a dragon can only surely be a type of dinosaur - so i rest my case for the Yes they did side.

However, on the No they didn't side, I happily live on the south coast (now called the Jurassic) and out of the cliffs we have numerous skeletons on these monsters periodically coming into view. Our physical size today compared with the size of their jaws and teeeeth is terrifying. Again a biblical thing but in Genesis it refers to giants, however even if we were huge those creatures would have been hell to deal with, despite the fact they had small brains.

It does bother me however that God took an awfully long time and one hell of a lot of experimentation eg: Gorgonopsis, the dinosaurs then and only then US - one wonders if he has finished yet!

Hi Lynda101

Thank you so much for the reply..I try to keep the threads i start to be light with a touch of humor no sense getting mad over a theory
And i agree the dragon was a type of dinosaur so i see your side of it there
and i agree i would not have wanted to walk with the dinosaurs i don't care how big i was they were HUGE and there teeth omg we would have been a midnight snack for sure!I never thought about the (wonder if he has finished yet) that was a good thought..

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join