Do you believe that dinosaurs coexisted with humans?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007

Originally posted by sugarcookie1

The story we have all heard from movies, television, newspapers, and most magazines and textbooks is that dinosaurs “ruled the Earth” for 140 million years, died out 65 million years ago, and therefore weren’t around when Noah and company set sail on the Ark around 4,300 years ago.

Although it cannot be stated with certainty, it appears that dinosaurs are mentioned in the Bible, God tells us that He created all the land animals on the 6th day of creation, the same day that he created mankind. Man and dinosaurs lived at the same time.

So is it possible They could've been on Noah's Ark? or do you believe dinosaurs and humans NEVER existed at the same time? ..Whats your theory?

Could humans have possibly survived with these things roaming free?

I think that humans were not around when the dinosaurs were because I have yet to find an alternate plausible timeline for the earth so far...

As far as references to the bible... Give it up, it's a fictional book which has been edited multiple times over many centuries rendering it useless as a reference. Ever hear of the broken telephone game? That's the bible + add in some popes who didn't like what was in there so they changed a bunch of it...

Sheesh...

Originally posted by freedish
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Yes, carbon dating is extremely flawed. Look it up.

This is an option I hadn't heard of before!!! Thanks for the info..

I believe the church did change around alot of what we know now to suit them there is no doubt in my mind..

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
If our current so-called civilization isn't the first for humans on this planet - and there is evidence to show that it isn't - then anything is possible.

For reference, check out the book Dead Men's Secrets by Jonathan Gray.

I will check out that book and thanks

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
If our current so-called civilization isn't the first for humans on this planet - and there is evidence to show that it isn't - then anything is possible.

For reference, check out the book Dead Men's Secrets by Jonathan Gray.

I will check out that book and thanks

Opened my eyes to some new possibilities. Send me a U2U after you check it out with your thoughts - or start a thread. Look forward to that.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007

This is an option I hadn't heard of before!!! Thanks for the info..

Please read the following before you absorb too much of that line of thought:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Carbon dating would only accurate if our current understanding of the world is correct, which I don't think is the case. It's still a relatively new technology in the grand scheme of things and I don't think we really know enough to say it's all that accurate when we get into the range of millions of years.

All just my opinion, of course.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Yes ...................yes they did and this completely accurate documentary is all the proof you need.

Sorry couldn't resist .

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ELahrairah
Yes ...................yes they did and this completely accurate documentary is all the proof you need.

Sorry couldn't resist .

LOL that was cute

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Nâh...

I mean they would have, but only the few time travelers that went back that far were not capable to settle, and/or install all required safety measures.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
Nâh...

I mean they would have, but only the few time travelers that went back that far were not capable to settle, and/or install all required safety measures.

I didn't know we had time traveler's that went back to check it all out

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Bringing carbon dating into this argument is irrelevant. Carbon Dating is only good for dating up to 50,000 years ago, way outside the realm of use for dinosaurs.

Potassium-argon dating is the best method we have for it is the only one that can span millions of years.

To the OP, I think that it is completely impossible for modern humans to have coexisted at the same time as dinosaurs. It is possible for some species of dinosaurs to have evolved overtime to more familiar organisms but that is the closest we come.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Dendro

It's only impossible according to the information fed to the general public. Who knows what discoveries and information have been kept to a select few individuals. After all, if one thing that people have been told for years is suddenly declared wrong, they could start questioning other things they've been told too.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by warbird03

Except this is my actual field of study. I've read the scientific papers behind it. So I guess I'm one of the people creating false research to perpetuate a lie. Dang it, caught me red-handed.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dendro

Bringing carbon dating into this argument is irrelevant. Carbon Dating is only good for dating up to 50,000 years ago, way outside the realm of use for dinosaurs.

Potassium-argon dating is the best method we have for it is the only one that can span millions of years.

To the OP, I think that it is completely impossible for modern humans to have coexisted at the same time as dinosaurs. It is possible for some species of dinosaurs to have evolved overtime to more familiar organisms but that is the closest we come.

I agree with Dendro that it is completely impossible for modern humans to have coexisted at the same time as dinosaurs ..But people that read the bible dont agree

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by louieprima
Absolutely. From what I understand they rode them like horses, too.
That made me smile

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Certainly not! IMO dinosaurs are not mentioned in the Bible either.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I agree with Dendro that it is completely impossible for modern humans to have coexisted at the same time as dinosaurs ..But people that read the bible dont agree

Well, I read the Bible a lot, and I agree.

The two prevailing Biblical views also agree -- the "Young Earth Creationists" believe that God created the Earth about 6,000 years ago, with everything that makes it seem older, like fossils, geomorphology, old rocks, etc, already "in place". By that thinking, there never were any dinosaurs, no live ones anyway.

The other view, and I'm not sure what term to apply to it, maybe "Intelligent Design", but I disagree with that one, as well, is that God created the laws that define reality, and then kicked off the process 14 billion years ago, which resulted in what you see today. Big Bang, evolution, primordial soup, dinosaurs, early man, etc, all processes that got us where we are today.

My personal belief is with the second, though I differ from the ID crowd, because I'm not necessarily on board with the whole "we are the intentional end point" premise. I find nothing in scripture that precludes other intelligent life in the universe, and that's what my eventual resolution would rely on.

Either way, no, Jesus never walked with the dinosaurs, and neither did any human. Those notions seem to be held by a tiny minority of Christians with an incredibly myopic view of reality, and by atheists, who like to trot out such images to make believers look like idiots.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Let's say humans in an early form started appearing 400,000 years ago. I think that's being generous.

Let's say dinosaurs in their "classic" forms (not the small birdies) died off at the end of the Cretaceous period, which is about 66 million years ago.

That's a big hurdle of time, don't you think? Even if you gave humans 10 million more years, you still have a gap of about 55.5 million years.

Of course I could be wrong. It's happened once in the past.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

“You believe the world's 12 thousand years old? "That's right." Okay I got one word to ask you, a one word question, ready? "Uh huh." Dinosaurs.

You know the world's 12 thousand years old and dinosaurs existed, they existed in that time, you'd think it would have been mentioned in the #ing Bible at some point. "And lo Jesus and the disciples walked to Nazareth. But the trail was blocked by a giant brontosaurus...with a splinter in his paw.

And O the disciples did run a shriekin': 'What a big #ing lizard, Lord!' But Jesus was unafraid and he took the splinter from the brontosaurus's paw and the big lizard became his friend.”

The Late Bill Hicks

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I would not use the Bible as a History text-book itself, but like a wonderful resource for History.

If the Bible mentions dinosaurs in some form... That grosso-modo could mean there was knowledge of dinosaurs at the time the Biblical Canon was finally produced, or it was knowledge inherited from prior sources (intriguing).

As long as we cant find human fossiles or remains datable 60 million years ago, I must answer: I dont think so.

Anyway there have been -allegedly- found ooparts that could at least support some highly speculative or imaginative theories on the subject.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Sure I do. I've always felt that humanity was on earth for at least 65 million years. Besides I have a picture of Jesus riding on one of those raptor things with a saddle and trick rig to boot.

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join