It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe that dinosaurs coexisted with humans?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

The story we have all heard from movies, television, newspapers, and most magazines and textbooks is that dinosaurs “ruled the Earth” for 140 million years, died out 65 million years ago, and therefore weren’t around when Noah and company set sail on the Ark around 4,300 years ago.

Although it cannot be stated with certainty, it appears that dinosaurs are mentioned in the Bible, God tells us that He created all the land animals on the 6th day of creation, the same day that he created mankind. Man and dinosaurs lived at the same time.

So is it possible They could've been on Noah's Ark? or do you believe dinosaurs and humans NEVER existed at the same time? ..Whats your theory?

Could humans have possibly survived with these things roaming free?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Absolutely. From what I understand they rode them like horses, too.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
the two did not live together.
but more so, your mixing fables with science.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

i think cetain species of dinosaurs survived somehow be it aliens or just got lucky and this is what the stories of the bible are from. they walked together but dinosaurs were still there first

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Jesus walked with the dinosaurs!

Get a bumper sticker.

link   
No they most certainly did not co-exist. But I doubt any evidence will convince OP since I can see he/she believes in the flood/bible. Makes me wonder if this thread was created just to start an arguement..

link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1

The story we have all heard from movies, television, newspapers, and most magazines and textbooks is that dinosaurs “ruled the Earth” for 140 million years, died out 65 million years ago, and therefore weren’t around when Noah and company set sail on the Ark around 4,300 years ago.

Although it cannot be stated with certainty, it appears that dinosaurs are mentioned in the Bible, God tells us that He created all the land animals on the 6th day of creation, the same day that he created mankind. Man and dinosaurs lived at the same time.

So is it possible They could've been on Noah's Ark? or do you believe dinosaurs and humans NEVER existed at the same time? ..Whats your theory?

Sure they could co-exist together, humans might not have been at the top of the food chain back in the day like we are now, but I think pre-historic humans might've functioned in groups kinda like a wolf pack. Wolves are able to take down game much larger then themselves by using numbers and smarts and I think thats the way humans would've had the best chance for survival. Now if roaming the wild alone then humans would've been food for just about anything but in large groups it would be hard for a dinosaur to target just one individual with all the distractions. Now a Raptor on the other hand would be an extremely tough opponent since they hunted the same way as wolves and had rather large brains and sensory organs compared to other dinosaurs.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I think the story of Noah takes place long after the dinosaurs. Humanity at that time had no knowledge of the dinosaurs. "Two of every animal" probably refers to two of every known animal.

Nevertheless, as improbable as it may sound, I think it's possible that dinosaurs and a form of primitive man coexisted.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread668481/pg1#pid10682034]post by Pastafarian[

????????WTF!! kind ow answer is that??? get off your high horse and come down to the rest of us and give a proper opinion of the simple question asked by the OP, if you dont have an productive opinion then keep your ridiculous comments to yourself you are just solidifying your idiocy im sure many others have noticed about you...

lol..jk but seriously that was a bad opinion you gave. tray another one they are free on this site.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Yes, carbon dating is extremely flawed. Look it up.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I think that humans were not around when the dinosaurs were because I have yet to find an alternate plausible timeline for the earth so far...

As far as references to the bible... Give it up, it's a fictional book which has been edited multiple times over many centuries rendering it useless as a reference. Ever hear of the broken telephone game? That's the bible + add in some popes who didn't like what was in there so they changed a bunch of it...

Sheesh...

Originally posted by freedish

Yes, carbon dating is extremely flawed. Look it up.

This is an option I hadn't heard of before!!! Thanks for the info..

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
One thing that poses a problem for the traditional beliefs of dinosaurs is that the accepted hypothesis would mean that over 166 million years, not one species developed any significant level of intelligence before being wiped out. In comparison, it took about 65 million years to get where we are today. I would think with an extra 100 million years there would be some signs of civilization or society.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by warbird03

3 possible reasons... (just opinion not fact in any way)...

1. the environmental conditions were not right to develop intelligence

2. there was intelligence but it was manifested in a different way

3. external forces prevented the development of intelligence

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Saw some interesting carvings from many millennia ago of dinosaurs, I believe from somewhere in South America.

Also, some engravings of dinosaurs that are many thousands of years old themselves.

Kind of makes one curious about how the ancients knew what dinosaurs looked like.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Most certainly. Who do you think invented Brontosaurus Burgers?
I like the part where they stopped their cars with their feet.
edit on 28-2-2011 by JohnnyCanuck because: oh...just cuz

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
If our current so-called civilization isn't the first for humans on this planet - and there is evidence to show that it isn't - then anything is possible.

For reference, check out the book Dead Men's Secrets by Jonathan Gray.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pastafarian
No they most certainly did not co-exist. But I doubt any evidence will convince OP since I can see he/she believes in the flood/bible. Makes me wonder if this thread was created just to start an arguement..

I never said i believed in the flood/bible story I'm not religious at all..And NO this thread was not started for an argument i have no idea why you would even say that ...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by louieprima
Absolutely. From what I understand they rode them like horses, too.

I have to say i found that funny

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills
Jesus walked with the dinosaurs!

Get a bumper sticker.

I just might!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensdoexist

Sure they could co-exist together, humans might not have been at the top of the food chain back in the day like we are now, but I think pre-historic humans might've functioned in groups kinda like a wolf pack. Wolves are able to take down game much larger then themselves by using numbers and smarts and I think thats the way humans would've had the best chance for survival. Now if roaming the wild alone then humans would've been food for just about anything but in large groups it would be hard for a dinosaur to target just one individual with all the distractions. Now a Raptor on the other hand would be an extremely tough opponent since they hunted the same way as wolves and had rather large brains and sensory organs compared to other dinosaurs.

There are some things that make me go hmmmm, on this subject. There are accurate drawings from our ancestors that make me wonder if maybe we did. But the archaeological proof shows other wise. There have been no human remains found in the same layer of earth as that of the dinosaur fossils..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join