It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walker responds to Obama

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Reply to post by Annee

Still in Middle East wars - check

Still in deep debt - check

Patriot Act still in place - check

More financial burdens - check

Borders still wide open - check

The Constitution is just a damned piece if paper - check

The truth indeed.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aristophrenia
Further - the workers all agreed to the variations in pay and benefits - all of them - the strikes have absolutely nothing what so ever to do with the budget or benefits or wages - they are only about the right to collectively negotiate - what a furphy.

For anyone who keeps falling for this bull please - its so obvious - every time Walker mentions budget, benefits, wages or money he is distracting you from the real issue - basic fundamental rights of people are being destroyed.

YES! I had a 5 hour drive today. I listened to a "reasonable" political radio debate on this issue.

What Walker is trying to do is criminal.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Reply to post by WTFover

Yeah. In internet speaking, Walker just WTFBBQsauceFacerollPWNED Obama

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by Annee

The truth indeed.

Yes - - I can see you bothered to look up all that has been accomplished.

However - - everything you listed - - - would be what Bush dumped on this country during his 8 years.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
However - - everything you listed - - - would be what Bush dumped on this
country during his 8 years.

if a president started it,
then a president can end it.

And Obama didn't.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

And Obama didn't.

Cute. But not realistic.

I see you have not looked up all that Obama has accomplished - - - either.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
President Obama is no angel, but walker had proven himself the beast in this case.

For too long and for decades, the Corporations had a stanglehold upon the lives of citizens. They have the money, the funds, stolen off the backs of their workers instead of sharing that wealth for those whom had made them great.

WIth their money, they had use it for power and influence, to control gov and the elected, as well as the intelligentsia, to sway to their way of thinking - and that is to stifle dissent and compettition, promote international strategies that allows them to make MORE money.

Today, in our financial crisis, we finally woke up and saw its effects upon not only US citizens, but the world as well.

The Corporations will not hesitate to use the 10th amendment to their advantage. When it suits them, they uphold it, espacially when it means they will get the full benefits within states that the federal gov cannot say a thing, and will not even hesitate threaten for secession from the Union through its well paid or blue pill addicted minions, evident even here, if the stakes of profit are high enough.

When it does not suit them, the 10th amendment will be decried down in the same manner. Such is the stranglehold and chokehold held by the Corporations, not for your interests, but theirs.

At this time of financial doom, We the People - you and I with our families, friends and relatives, need to unite, to stand together and work our way out of this mess by the rich elites, as an united nation, sharing what we have in order to survive and progress.

But that's not what the Corporations and their minions want. They prefer a divided nation, easier for control. And will even use the military as a means to control and divide us all, as the beast Walker, anothe Gaddafi in disguise, paid by the Corporations, had done.

What he had done does not affect only WI, but the nation as well. The founding fathers did not fight and shed their precious blood just only for the state of WI, but for the whole of USA, so that a new nation and people can be founded that will withstand tyranny in any form for the next generations to be free.

The people of WI are not just WI citizens, but Americans, and had benefitted from an united nation for 2 centuries with the wealth, wisdom and social expenditure from every American past and present, sharing both pain and joys, not and never will be a divided people for the sake of a few pieces of silver that goes to the greedy Corporations or be made use of by them.

The Corporations had ruled long enough!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

well since you claim Obama has accomplished anything why don't you list what he's accomplished. Because from where I'm sitting HE HASN"T ACCOMPLISHED A DAMN THING THAT BENEFITS THE AVERAGE AMERICAN!

Continues the reckless fiscal policies of the the past. ( not just bushes policies) Check!
Shoved not only an illegal healthcare law down our throats, b ut also one that the majority of american's didn't want- CHECK

Went back on his promise that all bills will be posted online for 72 hours before they are voted on-- Check
Didn't allow congress anytime to read the healthcare bill to see what was in it or any bill for that matter -- Check
told congress they must pass his bill to see what's in it-- check
Continued bailing out wall street, the big banks and the auto industry with taxpayer money --Check
completely embarrasses not only himself but the entire U.S. everytime he opens his mouth -- CHECK
Doesn't have a clue on how to run a country-- CHECK

I use to think Jimmy Carter was the worst president in history, but i moved him down to the #2 slot. Obama took the title of worst president in history

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

you might think Walker is the beast but a majority of people must have agreed with atleast some of his agenda. after all they elected him and put a republican majority both house of the WI Legislator.

I think its funny how all of the sudden when he goes to cut the budget some of the people are like "Oh NOES" he's asking the teachers to pay more of their share to help with the budget!

As for the rest of your post if you replace Corporations with unions you might just see how most union operate.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

And that poll comes from who?
Ahhh, Public Policy Polling, who readily admit that they specifically publish polls that are flattering to Dems,
or damaging to Repubs.

Public Policy Polling is an American Democratic Party-affiliated polling firm based in Raleigh, North Carolina.PPP was
founded in 2001 by businessman and Democratic pollster Dean Debnam, the firm's current president and chief executive officer.
The company's surveys use Interactive Voice Response, an automated questionnaire used by other polling firms such as SurveyUSA and Rasmussen Reports

wikipedia

You just never stop with the spin, do you?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mercenary2007

you might think Walker is the beast but a majority of people must have agreed with atleast some of his agenda. after all they elected him and put a republican majority both house of the WI Legislator.

I think its funny how all of the sudden when he goes to cut the budget some of the people are like "Oh NOES" he's asking the teachers to pay more of their share to help with the budget!

As for the rest of your post if you replace Corporations with unions you might just see how most union operate.

Walker may not had been a beast before, but now, through his actions will he be made accountable for.

Many of the elected are often voted in for their platform, often noble at the start, but corruption of ideals eventually fills in. The voters of WI may had been duped, just as the nation had been duped by the moron bush. But voters cannot be duped forever.

The evidences are clear on what the beast had done. He had ordered armed police and armed military personnel whom are only fellow americans to enforce his unconstitutional acts against peaceful protestors. And had even mentioned planting rabble rousers within the peaceful protestors.

What are the use of such rabble rousers? Only to stir up hatred and violence and then the bullets fly - pitting brothers against brothers. And for what? So that he can answer to his corporate masters? By murdering his voters? You decide what he is.

The corporations and the paid or blue pill addicted minions will always attempt to smear the Unions, as they had often done for decades. As a collective, the Unions have a voice, on behalf of their members, regardless if it is a voice others disagree or agree to.

Such issues that they have can always be negotiated by peaceful means, through intelligent debate, discussions and other peaceful actions should talks breakdown. There is no need to kill, or attempt to unconstitutionally pull their teeth, which is against the very foundations of the founding fathers whom had sacrificed their precious lives for.

Unlike the corporations, the union lacks the kind of funds that they have to abuse power and influence. And more critically is the moral authority to act. Corporations had for decades proven themselves selfish and self centred. The financial crisis had been caused by them without any denial, with thei reckless gambling on wall street and wiping out the middle classes savings. I can go on about the evils of the Corporations, but you get the drift.

Unions are not Corporations. They exists to curtail the authoritarian excesses of the Corporations, and make them realize the errors of their ways, the way an intellectual would seek reform from a gov that went wrong. They are not angels, and themselves have excesses, but it would be a generalization to say ALL unions are bad. They do not have the power and influence that Corporations have, to seek for obscene wealth beyond imagination at the expense of the workers that the Corporations are doing right now before your eyes.

I can go on but I am not here to defend Unions. I am only here to defend the 1st Amendment, from which all other freedoms are derived from.
edit on 1-3-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Courtesy of the GOP, whose lies started these wars, and we'll be there for another ten years. Bush and crew had no clue what they were getting us into but that didn't stop them from scheming us into these wars.

The debt exploded under Bush and "deficit spending" was invented by Reagan. The trade policies and deregulation led by Bush 2 nearly destroyed this country's economy, and no quick fix for it exists. It took 8 years of Bushism to get us in this mess, and more if you count all his predecessors. You think anyone would have fixed this in 2 years? Especially when the party that created this fiasco then blocked any measure to fix it.

Patriot Act is a GOP creation, and they've created all the institutions to keep it in place. I believe Obama had his hands tied on this one, the intelligence community grew to 1,200 agencies under Bush, and none of them are going to relinquish that power now, and that's government growth courtesy once again of the GOP. At least it's only a 3-month extension. Under the GOP the patriot act would be carved in stone with no turning back. The Dems tried to filibuster an extension back in 2005 and lost, and they've lost more support since then. Fact is, the GOP is the power keeping the Patriot Act in place.

Blame both parties, had the bailouts not been used, most of us would have no industries or jobs to return to. Obama might not be able to stop a collapse, but he has at least slowed it down. But neither party are addressing the trade policies and banking regulations that are the root cause of these problems, with a couple exceptions, Kucinich and Paul.

They were never secure, even at the height of 9/11 hysteria, the GOP didn't do squat to secure the borders, it's a pointless endeavor since the CIA is in bed with the cartels, Had McCain or Palin been in office, you would never have heard a peep out of Brewer in AZ about "illegals", just like you never heard anything about it while Bush was in office. Well, that is to say, Fox "news" and the GOP were mum on the issue.

My real concern isn't that Obama-bashing is not without merits, it's that the ones doing the Obama-bashing are doing so to get voters to flock back to the GOP, into the waiting arms of the party that led us on this downward spiral. You can find members of both parties who promote corporate special interests before that of the nation or the people. The GOP won't fix anything, they'll just change the nature of the lies they spoon-feed you on Fox "news" every night.

Do you really think that destroying those "communist/marxists/islamo-fascists" in the unions will make things better? A school teacher makes 49,000 a year with benefits and this is a tragedy to you? Does that number impress you? How about an educator who spent 30 years working themselves to the top and makes 60,000 a year with a good benefits package - is this the reason Wisconsin is in debt? WI takes in more in taxes for it's school's than it spends, 4 billion in and 3.5 billion out. Walker isn't concerned about teachers pay, his actions have demonstrated that.

I've read into some of how WI got into the debt it's in now, and most of it came when the state began using debt to finance it's government (circa 1969-1970). That debt was used to build infrastructure and building projects galore, to expand the government. They built schools, yes, but also highways and hospitals, the building programs costs alone have doubled since 1990. None of these debts have ever been paid down to any extent and interest constantly accrues. The state simply went on a massive building and spending spree.

(see THE EXPLODING USE OF DEBT TO FINANCE GOVERNMENT IN WISCONSIN)

They use debt/bonds to fund developing infrastructure for business, then extend tax breaks to those businesses, and guess who is left picking up the tab? That debt get tacked on and interest grows, and the process never stops. The government in WI or in any state for that matter are like teen age girls, you hand them a credit card and they max it out. Then to get out of that debt, they think "I'll give some close friends tax breaks, and they'll bring more business to my state and THAT will bail me out", only that never really happens does it, we just keep raising that debt. Corporate fat-cats with an army of lobbyists have convinced the public to shoulder more of the costs for doing business, some corporations have gotten so proficient at lobbying they can give themselves a free ride at the taxpayers expense, and then convince us to fight among ourselves for the scraps.

And the idiots on Fox "news" with their GOP co-writers keep telling us to "blame the unions", after all they still get "paid too much". Not until the teachers are making the same amount as a fast-food burger flipper will the GOP be happy, because then they'll be second-class citizens where they seem to want all of us to be, struggling from paycheck to paycheck, and with no voice.

The GOP knows unions tend to vote democratic, get rid of the unions, you erode the democratic base, and unions ability to fund democratic campaigns. The WI unions have stated again and again they are open to concessions on pay and benefits, which is what Walker claims he wanted, but he ignored these, instead wanting to remove their bargaining rights, their voice.

Bush left the constitution lying on the floor of a men's room stall, covered in his dingleberries. (probably the same stall Rep. Sen. Larry Craig was soliciting gay-sex from while his "Federal Marriage Amendment" blocked extension of rights to same-sex couples.) Bush shredded the constitution. We're supposed to believe that the "tea-party" nee Republicans are going to be the solution?

Did you know that the Dems filibustered in 2005 to block extending the Patriot Act in 2005, before finally being defeated by the GOP? I blame Dems for not fighting harder to stop the Patriot Act, but no one should blame them for it's passing. If you want to point fingers over why the Patriot Act exists, point them straight at the culprits, the GOP.

Call me cynical but when I see "blame Obama" posts, I see someone trying to scare voters back to the GOP. Or back to disastrous GOP "trickle-down" policies that have undermined this country's economy.

If you're intent was to promote an alternative to the 2-party system, specifically to a true libertarian like Ron Paul, then brother we are on the same team.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Courtesy of the GOP, whose lies started these wars, and we'll be there for another ten years. Bush and crew had no clue what they were getting us into but that didn't stop them from scheming us into these wars.

Really?

An almost super-majority of Democrats could not eek out a vote to get us out?

The debt exploded under Bush and "deficit spending" was invented by Reagan. The trade policies and deregulation led by Bush 2 nearly destroyed this country's economy, and no quick fix for it exists. It took 8 years of Bushism to get us in this mess, and more if you count all his predecessors. You think anyone would have fixed this in 2 years? Especially when the party that created this fiasco then blocked any measure to fix it.

Reagan started it. Bush, Clinton, Bush, and Obama have continued it.

Patriot Act is a GOP creation, and they've created all the institutions to keep it in place. I believe Obama had his hands tied on this one, the intelligence community grew to 1,200 agencies under Bush, and none of them are going to relinquish that power now, and that's government growth courtesy once again of the GOP. At least it's only a 3-month extension. Under the GOP the patriot act would be carved in stone with no turning back. The Dems tried to filibuster an extension back in 2005 and lost, and they've lost more support since then. Fact is, the GOP is the power keeping the Patriot Act in place.

Again . . . how long had the Democrats been in power? The could not do anything about it?

Or maybe you forgot that 98 out of 100 Senators voted to pass it to begin with?

Both extensions could have been stopped by the Democrats . . . but was it?

Obama could have vetoed this last extension. But he signed it.

Don't get me wrong. Republicans did the same thing, and may the be damned as well . . . but we are talking about Obama and his Democrats.

Blame both parties, had the bailouts not been used, most of us would have no industries or jobs to return to. Obama might not be able to stop a collapse, but he has at least slowed it down. But neither party are addressing the trade policies and banking regulations that are the root cause of these problems, with a couple exceptions, Kucinich and Paul.

I do, thank you.

They were never secure, even at the height of 9/11 hysteria, the GOP didn't do squat to secure the borders, it's a pointless endeavor since the CIA is in bed with the cartels, Had McCain or Palin been in office, you would never have heard a peep out of Brewer in AZ about "illegals", just like you never heard anything about it while Bush was in office. Well, that is to say, Fox "news" and the GOP were mum on the issue.

And the almost super-majority did what to help again?

My real concern isn't that Obama-bashing is not without merits, it's that the ones doing the Obama-bashing are doing so to get voters to flock back to the GOP, into the waiting arms of the party that led us on this downward spiral. You can find members of both parties who promote corporate special interests before that of the nation or the people. The GOP won't fix anything, they'll just change the nature of the lies they spoon-feed you on Fox "news" every night.

I agree, which is why both parties can burn in hell, for all I care.

Do you really think that destroying those "communist/marxists/islamo-fascists" in the unions will make things better?

Private unions . . . keep em. Public unions should be done away with.

Again . . . how ironic that the biggest Labor supporting President, FDR, said the same thing.

A school teacher makes 49,000 a year with benefits and this is a tragedy to you?

Perhaps you should educate yourself

Does that number impress you?

Funny thing is, your number has been proven wrong.

How about an educator who spent 30 years working themselves to the top and makes 60,000 a year with a good benefits package - is this the reason Wisconsin is in debt?

Not by itself. It is many factors.

In 2001, Wisconsin had 60,000 teachers. At 50k a piece a piece (we will go with your numbers). That is $3,000,000,000 . . . and that is not even facoring in benefits.

WI pays WI takes in more in taxes for it's school's than it spends, 4 billion in and 3.5 billion out.

Link for 4 billion in please?

Walker isn't concerned about teachers pay, his actions have demonstrated that.

You are right. He is concerned with trying to balance a budget, as the people elected him to do.

I've read into some of how WI got into the debt it's in now, and most of it came when the state began using debt to finance it's government (circa 1969-1970). That debt was used to build infrastructure and building projects galore, to expand the government. They built schools, yes, but also highways and hospitals, the building programs costs alone have doubled since 1990. None of these debts have ever been paid down to any extent and interest constantly accrues. The state simply went on a massive building and spending spree.

(see THE EXPLODING USE OF DEBT TO FINANCE GOVERNMENT IN WISCONSIN)

They use debt/bonds to fund developing infrastructure for business, then extend tax breaks to those businesses, and guess who is left picking up the tab? That debt get tacked on and interest grows, and the process never stops. The government in WI or in any state for that matter are like teen age girls, you hand them a credit card and they max it out. Then to get out of that debt, they think "I'll give some close friends tax breaks, and they'll bring more business to my state and THAT will bail me out", only that never really happens does it, we just keep raising that debt. Corporate fat-cats with an army of lobbyists have convinced the public to shoulder more of the costs for doing business, some corporations have gotten so proficient at lobbying they can give themselves a free ride at the taxpayers expense, and then convince us to fight among ourselves for the scraps.

I agree. But how are you supposed to stop the spending when you have # like this that goes on when you stop it?

And the idiots on Fox "news" with their GOP co-writers keep telling us to "blame the unions", after all they still get "paid too much". Not until the teachers are making the same amount as a fast-food burger flipper will the GOP be happy, because then they'll be second-class citizens where they seem to want all of us to be, struggling from paycheck to paycheck, and with no voice.

. . . aaaannnnd back to the conjectures

. . .

If you're intent was to promote an alternative to the 2-party system, specifically to a true libertarian like Ron Paul, then brother we are on the same team.

I hate both parties, and will be voting for Ron Paul in 2012.

I just do not agree with public unions (In general), or said unions and corporate backing of anything political

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

And Obama didn't.

Cute. But not realistic.

Not on topic, but since you keep attempting to point out Obama's "accomplishments", I wonder what his accomplishment to campaign promise ratio is? It just has to be a really low number.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

And Obama didn't.

Why didn't Bush finish it? How many years did he have to finish it? But of course Bush didn't try to finish it did he.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

I LIKE THIS WALKER!
Should be more like him on this world!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

WELL, I'm sorry to tell it to you STRAIGHT :
YOU AMERICANS VOTED IN MASS FOR HIM , RIGHT?!
Didn't you americans stayed like sheeps in minus 10 degrees Celsius just to see him in Washington?
I used to watch TV that time (not anymore thank God), and was really amazed how much support HE WAS GETTING AS FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT OF USA!!!
I tell you americans : your brains are beeing controlled OTHERWISE IT CAN NOT BE EXPLAINED!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

And Obama didn't.

Cute. But not realistic.

Not on topic, but since you keep attempting to point out Obama's "accomplishments", I wonder what his accomplishment to campaign promise ratio is? It just has to be a really low number.

Politifact has been keeping track.

Just before Obama took office, PolitiFact combed through campaign documents, speeches and debate transcripts to see what promises he had made. They found more than 500 individual promises and put each of them into a database to be monitored closely. They found 91 promises have been fulfilled, 33 compromised on, 87 stalled and 14 broken. The remaining promises are designated as being "in the works."

Link

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Not on topic, but since you keep attempting to point out Obama's "accomplishments".

Obama bashing on topic - - Obama accomplishments off topic.

Classic.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by leaualorin
reply to post by whaaa

WELL, I'm sorry to tell it to you STRAIGHT :
YOU AMERICANS VOTED IN MASS FOR HIM , RIGHT?!
Didn't you americans stayed like sheeps in minus 10 degrees Celsius just to see him in Washington?
I used to watch TV that time (not anymore thank God), and was really amazed how much support HE WAS GETTING AS FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT OF USA!!!
I tell you americans : your brains are beeing controlled OTHERWISE IT CAN NOT BE EXPLAINED!

Yeah, like we need lectures from socialist people from a country that has a flag that is red, blue and yellow.
Gimme a break. red, blue and YELLOW....

Why all the yelling. You do know of course that CAPS in www. parlance is considered shouting? And don't they have spell check in Romania? And why don't your women shave under their arms?

Thanks for the input though. We really appreciate it from a country that has such a sterling history of tolerance and respecting its citizens. I'm sure you haven't forgotten Ceausescu.
www.moreorless.au.com... ..........pot/kettle

edit on 1-3-2011 by whaaa because: sarcasm you betcha

edit on 1-3-2011 by whaaa because: syntax

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join