It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pivoting bipod

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Does anyone make a pivoting bipod for an ar-15, quality metal made? I do not mind paying more to get something not made in China. I have seen the ones that say they pivot but not sure if their "pivot" means the same thing as mine. What I am looking for is something that will allow me to pivot the rifle left/right and up/down while the bipod stays in place. Ideally, the pod would allow for easier shooting up or down hill and if I were so inclined could spin the rifle 360 degrees while the pod remained stationary. I understand the weapons, but the accessories become overwhelming, and my current bipod is not cutting it.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I made something like this out of a broken office chair. when the chair broke, yes with me in it, it left a piece of metal on the top. i bent it with a hammer and pliers until it was the right angle. i drilled 2 holes and bolted a 4 inch piece of 6 inch pvc i had ripped in half on it. Then glued some rug underlay, the kind you buy to prevent rugs slipping onto it with construction adhesive.

It has lockable caster wheels, it can raise up pretty high, or go low. It pivots nicely in all angles also. I would show you a pic, but its at camp.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Here. Take a look at some of these.

bipods

i hope the link works. its to midway. they are a good company to trade with.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesquid

HAHA, I will save that plan for when SHTF and I have to work with what I got.

reply to post by MMPI2

Thanks, I have seen those, but I cannot tell from the pics if they pivot the way I am wanting. Midway is a good place though and has always taken care of me.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Stoney Point.... Shooters Ridge... not sure if this is what your lookin for...

cant go wrong with a Harris, although the dont swivel 360

www.opticsplanet.net..." target="_blank" class="postlink">optics planet

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I've used various weapons with bipods [.30 cal Browning LMG and BAR] but they didn't swivel. Here is one that might fit the bill; US made, too. $189 but high quality.

www.libertygunsupply.com...

GG&G, Inc. Telescoping Folding Swivel BiPod - Black - Picatinny
The GG&G Extreme Duty Folding Swivel Bipod is designed by ex-military/police personnel to insure a high level of functionality on any picatinny, weaver or dovetail rail. This bipod has a lightweight and durable body that can withstand the highest level use and still perform for years to come. Tried and true in field use is not enough, this has also been re-designed based on customer feedback and lab testing for a truly awe-inspiring add-on. This kit is easily mounted with the included hardware.

Features:•Color/Finish: Anodized Mil-Spec Matte Black Hard Coat
•Counter Sunk Locking Cross Bolt
•Recessed Clamping Side Bar - fits worn/non-spec dovetail/weaver/picatinny rails
•Fully Adjustable Legs
•Lightweight - 11.5 oz!
•7-9.5in Height Increase
•Solid Billet 6061 T6 Aluminum Construction
•Extreme Duty Joints and Attachments
•Pivot Tension Adjustment Mechanism
•MIL-STD Impact Resistant Body Design
•Additional Connection Adapters Available
•Used by Elite Armed Forces/Law Enforcement world wide
•Weather Proof
•Functional from -55 to 155�F
•Made in the USA

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

I dont know what i was thinking. lol I didnt realize you meant that kind of bipod. why on a ar 15?

What kind of setup do you have? I love talking guns.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by pteridine

Thanks, I like that one, a little more than I was expecting to spend but I will think about it for a day or so.

new topics

top topics

join